Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V70 D5 manual 2003

Views : 583

Replies : 2

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 27th, 2020, 13:44   #1
reggit
Premier Member

Default V70 D5 manual 2003

Well, it’s time to see if there is any interest in my V70. I was intending to run it for another year but the P3 forced itself on me, so there’s a few bits I intended to replace over the summer that haven’t been fitted but I’ll leave with the car.

It’s a 2003 manual V70 in black with blacked out rear windows to reduce sun glare on the kids.
It’s just short of 211,000 miles, no longer insured so the mileage pictured won’t change.

The car has a working satnav with the latest available UK maps (2015 and a full set of Europe maps (2008 I think). Car phone works with a 2G SIM card.

At some point in its life before I bought it, it’s have an engine change. I was told the engine has 50,000 miles less than the car but I can’t see proof of that so no idea, it pulls well and runs well though.

The car has the family pack, so built in booster seats and the useful table in the back seat. Also has electric child locks on the rear doors so they can be locked and unlocked from the front of the car.

Also has the 3rd row of rear facing seats in the boot.

There is evidence of a clutch change around 4 years ago and timing belt at a similar time. I changed the aux belt and tensioner when I bought the car in 2018 as this is a weak point on the D5 engine.

The pneumatic engine mounts are shot, the front doesn’t hold vacuum and the rear has a slow leak so it gives the put-put-put noise with the oil cap off. I have new ones to fit (one is cortico and the other meyle - these will be supplied with the car for the new owner to fit) but haven’t had chance, car runs fine as it is. There’s just a bit more engine vibrations at idle than there should be.

I fitted a towbar when I bought it, the only thing it’s towed is a light trailer tent half a dozen times, this will remain on the car. It has a removable hitch which is in the boot.

Tyres as mid-range (falken) all round. Rears are nearly new, fronts around 2/3 worn.

2 keys and 1 remote come with the car.

Faults I know about, it’s 17 years old, so obviously there are some...
Alarm siren is guffed - although I have one with a good circuit board and remote battery pack (I modified it) to fit.
Air quality sensor is also guffed - aren’t they all?

There’s a few dings here and there, but nothing major.

Car will be on its original number plates at time of sale YG03WVA

Looking for around £1200. It will be on eBay tomorrow.

Last edited by reggit; Jun 27th, 2020 at 14:04.
reggit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2020, 22:59   #2
reggit
Premier Member

Now on eBay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/124238884518
Old Jul 8th, 2020, 23:13   #3
reggit
Premier Member

Sold.

Will be listing some odds and ends tomorrow.