Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Trader's Offers & Discounts

Notices

Trader's Offers & Discounts A forum for discussing special offers that are available to VOC or Forum members. Commercial organisations must first seek permission to post details of products.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Problem with ETM DIM or NAVI??? Cheap services here

Views : 211177

Replies : 243

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 1st, 2016, 14:19   #201
Atik

Quote:
Originally Posted by spokoluzik View Post
Hi
Can't get sensors until mid feb so had to remove it from list.
Will let you know once got sensors back in stock.
Regards
Lukas
Hi Lukas

If I sent you my ETM with a contactless sensor (Sacer), would you undertake the repair? Really desperate to get the car back on the road now.

Thanks
Atik
Atik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2016, 15:46   #202
tkh

Default Thank you very much for fantastic service

Dear Lukas,

Thank you very much for fantastic service!

My girlfriend drove our car over to Lukas, and he replaced the DIM of our Volvo V70 2002 model with a refurbished DIM, transferred the mileage reading from the old DIM to the replacement DIM, and replaced all the light bulbs. The work was completed in less than 45 mins. Lukas was also very helpful with analysing and explaining the error codes.

Kind regards,
Kris
tkh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tkh For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 9th, 2016, 10:52   #203
Stricky1967

Just wanted to say thanks on here to Lukas , volvodiagnostics, for the repair to my DEM (diff electronic module), works great, very fast service and good price .
Stricky1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9th, 2016, 11:14   #204
Vetvolvo

Hi All. It has taken a while but finally found a recent thread which may be relevant. Hope someone can help.

Bought a 2001 V70 2.4 petrol automatic for £900 a year ago 125k on the clock. Love it.

Changed ABS modulation unit.. all good. Then starter started sticking. So changed for breakers part about 4 weeks ago with the help of a mechanically minded friend.

Ever since then all sorts of problems. Basically will not start well when warm. Also hunting for revs at idle. Both problems seem intermittent. My friend has a diagnostics gizmo. Initially said crankshaft position sensor. Changed for genuine Volvo part. Problem still there. But also then temperature gauge stopped working. Replaced thermostat. Temp gauge working, still wont start warm.

Took to independent garage. ECT sensor fault. Replaced still won't start warm.

Took to Volvo. Said could not replicate the fault. Said could be MAF sensor, or camshaft position sensor. Found breakers CAM sensor, fitted problem persists.

Now doing research wondering if this could be the ETM due to the hunting but does it explain the non start from warm??

Any suggestions gratefully received as this is driving me nuts and my wife refusing to drive it in case it completely fails to start if she takes it somewhere.
Vetvolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2016, 08:40   #205
Cossie82

Default Help please Lukas !

I have the dreaded anti skid service light on my dash can you help me please ? Also I have a miss fire and was wondering after reading my Volvo manual if it was this DIM ? Because wouldn't stop diesel going to one or two of cylinders ? Volvo traction control ? I have sent you a email through your site as well but thought posting here wouldn't hurt either . I look forward to hearing from you .
Regards Ian
Cossie82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2016, 13:39   #206
oragex
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vetvolvo View Post
Hi All. It has taken a while but finally found a recent thread which may be relevant. Hope someone can help.

Bought a 2001 V70 2.4 petrol automatic for £900 a year ago 125k on the clock. Love it.

Changed ABS modulation unit.. all good. Then starter started sticking. So changed for breakers part about 4 weeks ago with the help of a mechanically minded friend.

Ever since then all sorts of problems. Basically will not start well when warm. Also hunting for revs at idle. Both problems seem intermittent. My friend has a diagnostics gizmo. Initially said crankshaft position sensor. Changed for genuine Volvo part. Problem still there. But also then temperature gauge stopped working. Replaced thermostat. Temp gauge working, still wont start warm.

Took to independent garage. ECT sensor fault. Replaced still won't start warm.

Took to Volvo. Said could not replicate the fault. Said could be MAF sensor, or camshaft position sensor. Found breakers CAM sensor, fitted problem persists.

Now doing research wondering if this could be the ETM due to the hunting but does it explain the non start from warm??

Any suggestions gratefully received as this is driving me nuts and my wife refusing to drive it in case it completely fails to start if she takes it somewhere.

Make sure all power wires are properly secured and not cracked. Also check grounding and cables to sensors, in particular near the alternator and starter. Maybe the starter wasn't sticking (which is rare on these cars), maybe there was a short somewhere draining the battery or the alternator doesn't charge properly. No need to keep replacing parts, better ask on the S60 forum section for more advice. Parts can be tested before replacing them.
Old May 9th, 2016, 18:45   #207
DJT

Please Lukaz, help me out here. You revamped my Throttle Body some months ago and the car is running worse than ever. I'm not saying that your work is substandard but the local rip-off merchants (sorry 'dealer') has said that the pots are shot and want to charge me £700 for a replacement.
I can no longer drive the car anywhere as the MOT and tax has run out and someone has offered me £800 for it if it will run without the cutting out problem.
I have tried contacting you on a number of occasions here and also sent an email, but got no reply.

Any chance of some assistance?
Old May 17th, 2016, 19:08   #208
StephenA

Hi, if I understand it correctly if I purchase a reconditioned DIM from you and return my faulty DIM to you then I get a refund (assuming that what I return to you isn't wrecked).

My DIM isn't showing any of the erratic issues with lights or random messages but it sometimes fails to come on when the car is warm and once it cools down a little it powers back up. I suspect this is just the power regulator but don't really want to dismantle the thing and accidentally break something.

Steve
StephenA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25th, 2016, 20:35   #209
coughlanc

PM sent

coughlanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2016, 18:48   #210
reggit
Premier Member

Another happy customer :-)

Sent my DIM off on Wednesday and received it back today (Friday) fitted and working again.

Excellent service!