Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Waiting patiently for my new XC90

Views : 11370

Replies : 194

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 19th, 2017, 20:31   #161
chrisnoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby2000 View Post
Sorry mate I sometimes lose where we are with a thread, thought you might have done the same.
So yes hopefully I'm going to get to try a XC60 T5. I think it's a R design, probably a pro as well, I think it will be this Thursday, but with my record of XC60 it might not happen, but I'm sure the dealer will want to keep me sweet .
I'll report back my thoughts when I've had the test drive .
Yes please, that's the exact car I am getting. There weren't any T5 or R Designs to test when I was ordering.
The Following User Says Thank You to chrisnoy For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 19th, 2017, 20:43   #162
husky125

Sorry to hear of all the delays and it would appear to be similar to my previous XC60,s where the delivery took 5 months each time, with no sensible answer from either dealer.
My D4 Inscription Pro is ready for collection tomorrow and is exactly to the date arranged to suit both parties , will let you know how it goes once I have put some miles on. Must again point out this was a dealer pre ordered car, changed to the spec. I wanted.

Will be sorry in a way to see the old car gone after 46000 miles in 3 years as it was trouble free apart from a door mech. they had to replace. Rear tyres are still originals and front have covered 28000 miles,passed MOT with just a comment on edge wear. This just shows all the comments people here make on the D4 AWD being the one to avoid are simply their opinion.
husky125 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to husky125 For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 19th, 2017, 20:52   #163
bobby2000
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisnoy View Post
Yes please, that's the exact car I am getting. There weren't any T5 or R Designs to test when I was ordering.
I was the same, a choice of one a D5 Inscription pro, but that suited me.
Old Sep 19th, 2017, 21:01   #164
bobby2000
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by husky125 View Post
Sorry to hear of all the delays and it would appear to be similar to my previous XC60,s where the delivery took 5 months each time, with no sensible answer from either dealer.
My D4 Inscription Pro is ready for collection tomorrow and is exactly to the date arranged to suit both parties , will let you know how it goes once I have put some miles on. Must again point out this was a dealer pre ordered car, changed to the spec. I wanted.

Will be sorry in a way to see the old car gone after 46000 miles in 3 years as it was trouble free apart from a door mech. they had to replace. Rear tyres are still originals and front have covered 28000 miles,passed MOT with just a comment on edge wear. This just shows all the comments people here make on the D4 AWD being the one to avoid are simply their opinion.
Thanks I will get there in the end.
Nice to hear of someone else getting their car. Yes please keep us informed of you views on the car, apart from the engine mine will be of similar spec.
Old Sep 20th, 2017, 07:34   #165
lotusdmc

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyfromembsay View Post
My dealer had said 11/9, but emailed that day to say it hadn't shown up - however they did say it had appeared on their system as "en route" - and that means normally within 48 hours. True to form, it showed up the next day.

I'd ask the dealer what the system says.
Dealer advised me yesterday that my T8 is 'in the country' however from previous experience with Landrover, it took them 5 weeks to get my car from the factory Liverpool to London, it's location was unknown for 5 weeks and it finally turned up in an overflow car park in Warwickshire!
Old Sep 21st, 2017, 14:41   #166
bobby2000
VOC Member

Quote:
My dealer has a 3 day test drive from this Friday over the weekend. I didn't want to take the pi** so have just rang them and I'm going to arrange a test drive on coming Thursday.
It will help fill in a bit of time until that day arrives.
My test drive is now tomorrow, Friday @ 2pm.
Old Sep 21st, 2017, 18:54   #167
Bernard F

Quote:
My test drive is now tomorrow, Friday @ 2pm.
Enjoy it as I am sure you will. If you get the chance can you report on the differences between Comfort and Dynamic.
Bernard F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2017, 19:04   #168
chrisnoy

Well I had some good news today, my car will be at dealers tomorrow and picking up on Monday afternoon. Shame I only have one afternoon to drive it as I am off to France for a week on Tues ( not in the new car). Still very excited now and happy it turned up on time. Will still be glad to get your opinion of the test drive tomorrow.
The Following User Says Thank You to chrisnoy For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 21st, 2017, 19:11   #169
Bernard F

Quote:
Well I had some good news today, my car will be at dealers tomorrow and picking up on Monday afternoon. Shame I only have one afternoon to drive it as I am off to France for a week on Tues ( not in the new car). Still very excited now and happy it turned up on time. Will still be glad to get your opinion of the test drive tomorrow.
Pity you won't have it for France. I am in France now and wish I had my new car with me.
Bernard F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21st, 2017, 19:55   #170
bobby2000
VOC Member

Quote:
That's a bit of a bummer, having to leave your nice new car for a week, hope it's a holiday and not work.
Anyway at least you will have yours, enjoy your afternoon with it.
I will post my opinions tomorrow.