Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 or V90CC

Views : 4022

Replies : 27

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 16th, 2017, 20:44   #1
anotherv60
Master Member

Default XC60 or V90CC

Hi all,

I'm planning on changing my car (soon hopefully) for either a XC60 T5 AWD or a V90CC D4. I have driven both and really like the V90CC but there is no petrol variant other than the T6 and that is in range topping trim. My gripe is that I don't want to find out in the next 6-12 months that I can't drive the diesel into the city...

I'd plan to take the Xenium pack and winter for the V90CC and the Xenium and intellisafe plus the winter on the XC60. Any other options that are essential?

Also is the 12inch driver display worth it over the 8inch.

I would really appreciate comments and thoughts.

thanks
anotherv60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16th, 2017, 20:57   #2
andyfromembsay

Haven't driven either, but had a previous gen XC60. However I think the "diesels will be banned" thing is a bit over-hyped. I can't see how they can ban a load of existing cars, although I guess they could introduce higher congestion charges based on emissions.

I'd say the 12" display is a definite one to go for though - more flexibility and info to choose from.
Old Sep 16th, 2017, 21:18   #3
Considered1
Premier Member

I think if I was spending 40K+ on a new car i'd wait until Volvo could provide me with back to back 2day test drives in both, then you'd know! I'd expect a T5 and a D4 to be rather different. Havent driven the petrol. As above a Euro6 deisel should die a natural death before being outlawed in the city, although maybe not in Mr Saddo Khan's schity
Considered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Considered1 For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 16th, 2017, 21:22   #4
gaby
Premier Member

Would you consider buying outside the UK?
Volvo does produce a T5 in the V90CC, but apparently it's the UK
importer who has decided that Uk drivers won't be able to drive a T5.
Importing from another european country shoudn't pose too much of a problem, at least not for now...
Old Sep 16th, 2017, 21:31   #5
Whiterdesign
Master Member

funnily enough just before i read this post i was watching a video on an american site comparing the V90CC with the XC60. The page starts off with the XC40 leaks and then there is a video which compares the cars.
https://www.autoblog.com/2017/09/15/...o-image-photo/
Old Sep 16th, 2017, 22:47   #6
apnicolle

Xenium is pretty much essential in my mind, as is Volvo On Call. I'm not sure the VOC app does anything otherwise and it is quite useful. The inbuilt data SIM is good and helps make the connected services work in an integrated manner (no faffing about connecting your phone each time you start the car).

The 12" display is good, and whilst not as graphically impressive as some (Audi for example) it is much more pleasing to look at than the smaller 8" which is limited as to what it can display. There are plenty of images of both to compare, but also read the manual and you'll see what both can, or can't, display.

If going for the D4 then Polestar is nice as an option, mainly for making the drivetrain much smoother and responsive.

Winterpack is good and the heated windscreen fantastic on frosty mornings. I could live without the heated steering wheel though.

Apple CarPlay...wouldn't bother unless it was free, and even then.....

I think the 360degree camera comes with Xenium, but if not it is worth getting.

Xc60 or V90cc... I'm biased but I did have a short drive in a dealers' 60 the other week and it was nice, but not as smooth as the cc. The 60 also felt smaller both in terms of interior space when sat in it (front and rear) and 'presence' when driving. It was a left hand drive in a foreign land which may have influenced my perceptions.
V90 Cross Country D4 2017 Polestar, XC90 D5 ES 2014, C70 T5 SE 2008, S60 2.0T SE2006, V40 1.9D SE 2004, S40 1.8GDI SE 2002

Last edited by apnicolle; Sep 16th, 2017 at 22:48. Reason: Stupid autocorrrect
apnicolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16th, 2017, 23:37   #7
NewV90Owner

Default XC60 or V90 CC

I have a V90 CC Momentum Pro. I think the Pro package includes all the things I would want anyway so it is a good place to start.

I test drove the XC60 and noticed how much extra space the V90 has. Also the bonnet is just as long as on the XC60 so there is no advantage there.

Also the XC60 is new so there is less of a discount available.

I feel with the Petrol Diesel thing although the D4 is Euro 6 so not going to be banned from anywhere.

Having said all that if you don't want/need the space the new XC40 looks pretty gorgeous.
NewV90Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewV90Owner For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 29th, 2017, 16:28   #8
huggis

Default Just ordered v90 CC

I've just placed an order for a 9 month old fully loaded D5 v90 cc. Didn’t get a chance for a test drive, which is perhaps a bit stupid! I’ve had an xc60 for 7 years, which I really liked, but couldn’t afford the new version in a similar spec. Wanted a little more luggage space, easier access to roof, and better A road cruising which I’m hoping the V90 CC will provide. Car has the active four-c chassis, which my current one has, too which should improve the handling.
huggis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2017, 17:20   #9
Whiterdesign
Master Member

i have exactly the same dilemma at the at the moment. I am looking at either a XC60 D4 momentum pro with about £5K of extras or a V90 CC D4 pro with the same extras.
I haven't driven any of them yet though i need to do.I have sat in a V90 and found it too low thats why i would go for the CC.
Discounts are another thing as well, only seems to be about £2K off a XC60 built to order, whilst there seems to be about £5K off a CC.
Any thoughts would be gratefully received.
Old Oct 29th, 2017, 17:27   #10
huggis

I will be picking up the v90 cc on Tuesday and will let you know then. I scored £20k discount compared to new car which combined with the car being reg just before March means big savjbg on road tax also
huggis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to huggis For This Useful Post: