Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo Cars price rises

Views : 1054

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 13th, 2022, 14:00   #1
familymangreg
Premier Member

Default Volvo Cars price rises

Hi all,

Probably not news to many of you, but I just received the following email from my Volvo dealer. I'm not making comment on this personally, but rather just passing on as I'm sure will be of interest to some

Important Announcement (Volvo Price Rise 26th April 2022)

IF YOU’RE PLANNING TO ORDER A NEW CAR IN THE NEXT 12/14 MONTHS GET YOUR ORDER IN NOW TO BEAT THE PRICE INCREASE
I do hope you are well and looking forward to the Summer, hopefully some sunshine and we can all enjoy a little more freedom with our loved ones.

You’ll probably be aware of significant worldwide raw material and component supply constraints and consequently huge price increases across many industries. The car industry is not immune from these issues, with most manufacturers quoting 12/18-month lead-times with significant price increases forecasted across all brands.

Closer to home Volvo has fared much better, with supply still available this year, however, costs associated across the whole manufacturing process can’t continue to be absorbed and therefore Volvo Car UK has announced that all new cars ordered after 25th April will attract a price increase.

It is expected that any current tactical offer including deposit contributions/loyalty offers and 0% finance could also be removed. When factoring the price increase, together with all other current offers, it is expected the transaction price may increase by up to £10,000 (depending on model) after 25th April.

IF YOU’RE PLANNING TO ORDER A NEW CAR IN THE NEXT 12/14 MONTHS GET YOUR ORDER IN NOW TO GUARANTEE TODAYS PRICE.

We do not need a deposit, your commitment is sufficient. Used car prices are at an all-time high - why not take advantage of these strong market conditions?

We are still desperately short of used car stock, a situation we cannot see changing for some time, so again, if you or any of your friends or family have a Volvo sat on your driveway surplus to requirements, please do give us a call.

The coffee machine is always on! The team are here to help with guidance and advice as always, but we are expecting a sudden surge in new car demand so please contact us to make an appointment should you be interested.
Old Apr 13th, 2022, 16:44   #2
Pablo B

Very interesting and news to me, thankyou. It makes sense for Volvo to improve (or maintain) margins given volumes will be artificially low for the foreseeable future.

It should help keep used prices sky high too.
Pablo B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2022, 17:49   #3
Mad Malc

This appears to be just another 'marketing strategy' as I have had exactly the same from our local dealer so I would read everything in it with a pinch of salt.
I suppose it makes a change from the usual personal VIP events!!!!!!!!
Mad Malc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2022, 18:32   #4
familymangreg
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Malc View Post
This appears to be just another 'marketing strategy' as I have had exactly the same from our local dealer so I would read everything in it with a pinch of salt.
I suppose it makes a change from the usual personal VIP events!!!!!!!!
Possibly, but if you are based in Filey, then your local dealer and my local dealer may well be one in the same. Ray Chapman York or Malton?
Old Apr 13th, 2022, 19:03   #5
Mad Malc

You are correct, sorry I never noticed your location. My teachers always said 'read the question'!!!!!
Mad Malc is offline   Reply With Quote