Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

AAOS 2.12 is out soon but it’s a big disappointment…

Views : 4147

Replies : 21

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 16th, 2023, 13:46   #1
vonRypp

Default AAOS 2.12 is out soon but it’s a big disappointment…

They have just updated the release nites for 2.12. It close to nothing, especially for vehicles older than MY24.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5631.jpg (98.9 KB, 111 views)
Old Oct 16th, 2023, 14:07   #2
Philip Fisher
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonRypp View Post
They have just updated the release nites for 2.12. It close to nothing, especially for vehicles older than MY24.
I've lost track a bit. Can you flip left and right on the steering wheel between limiter and adaptive cruise on AAOS cars yet?
Previously:-
1997 V70 T5 exPolice; 2005 V50 2.0D; 2013 XC70 D5
Philip Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16th, 2023, 14:38   #3
sk546
Master Member

This is what the website says about 2.12 for my car, nothing mentioned about MY24 only so I expect something but nothing noticeable.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2.12 Update.jpg (180.1 KB, 59 views)

Previous - MY20 XC60 T8 Polestar Engineered - Onyx Black - Sensus
sk546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16th, 2023, 14:56   #4
vonRypp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip Fisher View Post
I've lost track a bit. Can you flip left and right on the steering wheel between limiter and adaptive cruise on AAOS cars yet?
For me, you can switch only between the adaptive cruise control + steering (pilot?) assist vs only adaptive cruise control, without the steering assist.
The Following User Says Thank You to vonRypp For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 16th, 2023, 14:57   #5
vonRypp

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk546 View Post
This is what the website says about 2.12 for my car, nothing mentioned about MY24 only so I expect something but nothing noticeable.
You should check the Volvo Cars App too. It clearly says it only for MY24.
Old Oct 16th, 2023, 15:04   #6
CocoPops
VOC Member

Thoroughly underwhelming update!

(My screenshot taken from my MY23Late XC90 T8)

Quote:
Updates in software 2.12
• There have been minor drivetrain adjustments that do not affect
performance, certification, homologation, environmental protection, or emissions.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0130.jpg (144.9 KB, 40 views)

Last edited by CocoPops; Oct 16th, 2023 at 15:06.
CocoPops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16th, 2023, 15:07   #7
vonRypp

Quote:
Originally Posted by CocoPops View Post
Thoroughly underwhelming update!

(My screenshot taken from my MY23Late XC90 T8)
It's weird MY24 is not mentioned for you and sk546, but it's clearly there for me...

I also have MY23, but I think it's probably an earlier as I got it delivered in October 2022.
Old Oct 16th, 2023, 20:32   #8
BrettEverett

Absolutely pathetic the way Volvo utilises this AAOS platform in my opinion. It’s seriously making me consider getting rid of mine.

I got my 71 plate S90 recharge in April this year and since then I’ve had to take it back to the dealership for one reason or another every single month.

Only in the last month or so, had it serviced on 13th September. Then back again on 30th for a parking sensor issue, and the screen brightness adjust wheel not working. Then it turned out the high voltage coolant heater doesn’t work so back again on 30th October. Several other software, wiring and mechanical issues before these.

Also had brand new XC40s as loan cars with only a couple hundred miles on them, and each and every single time there was an error message on screen, latest one for example said “Left indicator malfunction”.

Going back to the software, I had an A6 and an E-class Merc as hire cars with work a few weeks ago and both had around 4 million ways you could set up the screen in front of you. In my S90, it’s either a map in the middle or nothing, and that’s it. No media, no extensive trip info, no driving aids visuals, no EV visuals for example and so on…

I’ve had and driven a lot of cars over the years and I genuinely believe Volvo AAOS cars have the dumbest software of all. Absolute joke. There’s so much potential and nobody at Volvo seems to give a toss. I kept telling myself that I’m just overreacting and to just get on with it and stop complaining, however when we consider reliability and capability together, it’s just appalling…

That’s just my opinion, had to vent a little sorry… I will persevere for a few more month and I’ll get rid I think
BrettEverett is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BrettEverett For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 17th, 2023, 07:12   #9
sk546
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettEverett View Post
Absolutely pathetic the way Volvo utilises this AAOS platform in my opinion. It’s seriously making me consider getting rid of mine.

I got my 71 plate S90 recharge in April this year and since then I’ve had to take it back to the dealership for one reason or another every single month.

Only in the last month or so, had it serviced on 13th September. Then back again on 30th for a parking sensor issue, and the screen brightness adjust wheel not working. Then it turned out the high voltage coolant heater doesn’t work so back again on 30th October. Several other software, wiring and mechanical issues before these.

Also had brand new XC40s as loan cars with only a couple hundred miles on them, and each and every single time there was an error message on screen, latest one for example said “Left indicator malfunction”.

Going back to the software, I had an A6 and an E-class Merc as hire cars with work a few weeks ago and both had around 4 million ways you could set up the screen in front of you. In my S90, it’s either a map in the middle or nothing, and that’s it. No media, no extensive trip info, no driving aids visuals, no EV visuals for example and so on…

I’ve had and driven a lot of cars over the years and I genuinely believe Volvo AAOS cars have the dumbest software of all. Absolute joke. There’s so much potential and nobody at Volvo seems to give a toss. I kept telling myself that I’m just overreacting and to just get on with it and stop complaining, however when we consider reliability and capability together, it’s just appalling…

That’s just my opinion, had to vent a little sorry… I will persevere for a few more month and I’ll get rid I think
It never takes too long for the rants to simmer to the surface does it.

Now either you have been really unlucky or I have been really lucky but my car has only ever been to the garage for its annual service and in the 16 months I've owned it, I have only had to re-boot my centre screen twice (both times because all sounds had vanished) but other than that, its been super. I get that some people want to be able to redesign the drivers display and put their own preferred info on there (and I'm sure its not a hard thing to program into the system) but really, it shows you everything you need it to and pressing the centre button on the right side steering wheel buttons brings up all the detailed trip computer info when you need to see it.

It sounds like you have had an early AAOS car with all the early integration issues that go along with being one of the first cars and it seems like Volvo are still chasing their tails trying to get your early car working which isnt the best look for them and a bad ownership experience for you but getting rid seems like your best option as even if they sorted it fully now, you will only remember all the bad times.

Good luck and hope you manage to find a more configurable and reliable car with whatever manufacturer you end up going with.

Previous - MY20 XC60 T8 Polestar Engineered - Onyx Black - Sensus
sk546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17th, 2023, 09:04   #10
Hadajag

Ditto to sk546
Took delivery March 22 but only had to reboot once