Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

S60 D5 Se Specification

Views : 1626

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 18th, 2003, 19:49   #1
greenwellington

I am seriously considering a 2002 version of the above but I am puzzled about one aspect of the spec.
The S60 Pricing Brochure shows that both the S & Se have ABS & EBD
However only the S has STC (Stability and Traction Control)
DSTC ( Dynamic Stability and Traction Control) with Em Brake Assist is shown as fitted as standard to both S & Se models BUT the bracketed note states (2.4T & T5 only)
Does this mean that the D5 Se does not have this feature? If so that seems very strange.
I have spoken to 3 dealers and got different answers.
Old Mar 30th, 2003, 21:23   #2
cassellp

Hello,

Whe I bought my S60 D5 SE Auto new in July 2002 I'm pretty sure that both the S and SE specifications had the STC as standard, and that the DSTC was an additional cost option on these models. I also recall that STC was standard on the petrol versions, both 2.0 and 2.4. I think that only the T5 had it as original equipment. My recollection was that it was something like an additional £300 or something for DSTC.

Hope this helps.

Paul Cassell
Old Mar 31st, 2003, 17:26   #3
greenwellington

Thanks, Paul.
Since posting this subject I have purchased the D5 and collect it tomorrow.
As you say, the D5 Se has STC as standard and to fit it on a new car would be £300.
My ex demonstrator has everything else I would want but not DSTC.
How are you finding the car? Does it live up to expectations and any problems so far?
Regards,
David
Old Apr 6th, 2003, 13:12   #4
cassellp

Hello David,

Hope you are pleased with your car. I am extremely happy with mine which is averaging well over 45mpg. I have had no problems at all with the car in the 20,000 miles that I have done since last August.

I fitted a set of genuine mud flaps which has helped to keep the car much cleaner. Being metallic black, it soon looked dirty in wet weather. The alloy wheels are a pain to clean, but they do look good once they are clean.

Regards,

Paul
Old Apr 9th, 2003, 20:51   #5
greenwellington

Hi Paul,
So far I am delighted with the car. the only fault so far is the memory function on the mirrors. For whatever reason the nearside one refuses to return to the set position and as soon as I open the door it swings upwards to look at the sky!
I was interesed in you remark re the mudflaps because I suggested that some should be fitted but the salesman convinced me that because the car is so low, they would soon be ripped off.
I will look into fitting some now. I assume you are referring to them being fitted on the rear wheels?
My car is also in the mettallic black and the back end gets very dirty, with the worst being around the area you grab hold of the boot lid when opening it!!
One other question - mine was supposed to have the "Winter Pack" and this should mean it has the "Rain Sensor" for the wipers. However I can't find it.
Does yours have it?
Best regards,
David
Old Apr 27th, 2003, 10:55   #6
cassellp

Hello David,

I would suggest fitting both front and rear mudflaps as they help keep the sides and rear end much cleaner. The fronts are a bit low, sometimes catching on speed bumps or 'bottoming' in severe cornering on uneven roads but well worth the inconvenience.

Rain sensitive wipers are not part of the winter pack, they are a further optional extra. My car has them and they are useful but do catch you out at times! If the car is parked with the ignition on the 'radio' setting and water touches the screen, particularly when you are washing the car, off go the wipers, so you need to keep your fingers out of the way!

It seems Volvo are in the habit of adding odd specification items when they build cars as mine wasn't ordered with rain sensitive wipers but I got them anyway, and yet I haven't got your 'memory' mirrors.

Regards,

Paul