Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > LPG, CNG & LNG - General Info and Issues
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

LPG, CNG & LNG - General Info and Issues Share experiences and problems

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

C70 T5 - 140K miles and just switched to LPG

Views : 5476

Replies : 22

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 5th, 2011, 13:21   #21
carcathan

Default Why didn't you go to ClassicSwede in the first place?

Reading this thread i'm a bit surprised that none of you guys ever made your way up to North Wales to see Classicswede/Dai to get the LPG installed. When i looked no-one else in the mid/low price range i was looking for offered a better or more reliable install and having surfed the web ready LPG forums and volvo forums his name just consistently came up and when you read his threads he always knew his stuff.
Dai fitted my system (i travelled up to Anglesey from Kent) to my C70 2.4T and i've now done 35,000 miles in 18 months + with almost no problems. The car ran spot on immediately it had been installed - i'm down in Kent and i've not needed to see any local LPG people since then.
The only issue i had after about 20,000 miles was a failed injector which Dai diagnosed over the phone and i just swapped one over as i had a spare supplied by Dai.
The only other issue was coil packs and that had obviously nothing to do with the LPG side.
I've been looking at changing the car but if and when i do i know it seems worth it to me to go back to Dai to get to get it sorted - even if i don't stick with Volvo. I might have a go at home install using one of Dai's kits on an my other car (old mk2 MR2) but i'm not sure i'd do that to a car i need to get to work as the costs/risks of getting stranded aren't worth it.
Well, there you go - unsolicited positive feedback over!

Richard
1938 Rover 12 Sports Saloon
carcathan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to carcathan For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 12th, 2012, 02:51   #22
GDavidF
Oh no, another antipodean

Thanks for the read posters, great to see something on LPG as it was next-to non existent when I was back in the UK from 96-2001...
I've been looking for info on such systems for Volo motors for a while and came across this place when looking at AUX inputs...

Regards from down under,
Dave

Last edited by GDavidF; Feb 12th, 2012 at 02:56. Reason: Added some text
GDavidF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2012, 10:26   #23
Herestandsaman

Just been reading this post. I agree with Carcathan, you guys over in Wales should use Dai, Classicswede.
He converted my 855R to LPG, did an excellent job...& i live in Sheffield. His back up support is excellent as well.
The savings when on gas are well worth the investment. Also, when it comes to selling your car, you are sure to recover part of the installation cost. As i am sure any buyer will appreciate the lower running costs.

KTF Simon
Herestandsaman is offline   Reply With Quote