Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S40 / V40 '96-'04 General Forum for the Volvo S40 and V40 (Classic) Series from 1995-2004.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Help with Evo 3 296mm brake upgrade

Views : 2734

Replies : 26

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 25th, 2015, 21:24   #11
R1CKSO

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIREBOLT View Post
Lol, I think blocks of wood are preferable to EBC pads, scariest moment of my life was approaching a bend with EBC redstuff fitted!
I have no experience with reds but yellows were not precisely the best, on another note does the 294 evo 3 conversion provide a good improvement o ver stock phase ii brakes?
R1CKSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26th, 2015, 02:56   #12
R1CKSO

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIREBOLT View Post
Lol, I think blocks of wood are preferable to EBC pads, scariest moment of my life was approaching a bend with EBC redstuff fitted!
Sorry to ask this in here also, but since I still can't PM because of my post count, I know you ran Evo 3 coilovers and since koni discontinued the adjustable front shocks (rears are still made tough, mad world) for the phase 2 S40, I'm having a hard time getting any performance shock for the car, as I have lowering springs on stock shocks it is not the best combo performance wise, what do you reccomend for a good upgrade without breaking the bank on KW's, can I get some used Evo coils or something? Just for the front, as I said Koni still makes the rears.

Cheers and thanks for everything,
Ricardo.
Old Dec 28th, 2015, 18:43   #13
FIREBOLT
Master Member

Looks like the casting numbers are the same, (4139) I would happily order them.

Evo 3 coilovers do fit, so do FTO, problem with the later Evo coilovers is they have no bracket for the sway bar link.
FIREBOLT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FIREBOLT For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 28th, 2015, 21:52   #14
R1CKSO

Great! On the pic you sent to me I just see a number on the bracket (4313) I can't longer see the caliper pics because the seller removed them duhh LOL, just to confirm these will fit with the larger 294mm discs not the 276 mm from the evo 3?
Old Dec 28th, 2015, 22:16   #15
R1CKSO

I have checked the seller's pics and they say 4319 yours say 4313 or 9 on the las digit? I can't see very well because of the white paint.

Thank you very much for taking the time and doing this, I really appreciate it.
Ricardo.
Old Dec 28th, 2015, 22:36   #16
FIREBOLT
Master Member

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1CKSO View Post
I have checked the seller's pics and they say 4319 yours say 4313 or 9 on the las digit? I can't see very well because of the white paint.

Thank you very much for taking the time and doing this, I really appreciate it.
Ricardo.
These are 4319, it's just the paint has got into the 9. Have taken another pic you can see it is different to the 3.

Yeah these are for the 294mm discs not the 276mm Evo ones.
FIREBOLT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FIREBOLT For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 29th, 2015, 01:15   #17
R1CKSO

Great! Thanks again will buy now and post pics when installed!
Old Jan 7th, 2016, 17:13   #18
R1CKSO

Hello Kenny (firebolt),
I need more help from you, this time regarding suspension, specifically the front shocks for my 2003 S40, I want to track it now, and had the car more than 7 years now, back then I didn't know much so just purchased some lowering springs (30mm drop IIRC) on stock shocks which I think are not up to the task of track, so now I wanted to buy Koni yellows but they are discontinued, so I don't have a really cost effective solution now just KW coils which cost more than the car or just replace the shocks with bilstein Oem B4.
Another option that I found is to maybe use the Koni adjustable insert for the mirage (part number 8610-1343) any ideas if it they will fit? What other options do I have?

Thank you very much,
Ricardo.
Old Jan 7th, 2016, 20:57   #19
tommy t4
Premier Member

EBC RED STUFF are excellent performance pads for track use, excellent gripping power.....once they are to temperature, ideally very scary on the road hence the yellow stuff, good alround road use, but again when there wet performance goes down. That's my experience and that was with the mivec twin pots I had on the front.
Old Jan 8th, 2016, 02:53   #20
R1CKSO

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy t4 View Post
EBC RED STUFF are excellent performance pads for track use, excellent gripping power.....once they are to temperature, ideally very scary on the road hence the yellow stuff, good alround road use, but again when there wet performance goes down. That's my experience and that was with the mivec twin pots I had on the front.

I'm still deciding on ferodo or ebc really never have any complaint on the ferodos reaaaaally nice pad, a little pricey but worth it