Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General > 850/x70 S1 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo 850 T5 Estate with spares package

Views : 3334

Replies : 7

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 8th, 2010, 19:08   #1
Steve74

Default Volvo 850 T5 Estate with spares package

1995 N Volvo 850 2.3 T5 Estate manual

2.3 5 cylinder 20v turbo engine. (225 bhp). It has MOT until October 27th 2010, and tax until end of August 2010

Have had this car two years now, and it is great fun. It is ridiculously quick when you want it to be, yet very civilised when you don't. I bought it to run around in for a couple of months for a laugh, and the fact I still have it now should say something. I am selling as I feel it is time to move on, I have a number of other cars, and I just don't need the Volvo. It has not caused me a moments grief, and has had new brake pads all round in the last 1500 miles.

-Being totally honest here and getting the bad bits out of the way first, it is not perfect by any stretch of the imagination: few minor marks on the bodywork, front leather seat covers are both worn on the base, o/s front window, while working fine, has a tendency to rock forward on its runners when it gets towards the bottom of its travel, gearbox can rattle slightly at very low revs, it has done this since I bought it and has got no worse, and does not affect how the car drives at all (see further down the description**), the climate control works when it feels like it; that said everything functions fine, just the a/c section doesn't always cut in. I am sure there are a couple of other minor things, but nothing of significance.

-Now that's out of the way, the car has no rust at all, is absolutely solid underneath, comes with:

-electric windows all round
-heated leather seats (electric drivers seat with 3 position memory) with 5 x 3 point belts, and cup holders built into front leather armrest
-built in child seat in rear armrest as pictured below
-electric mirrors
-Volvo SC801 premium sound system, high power cassette head unit with 6 disc changer (all working)
-rear load cover
-Rare Wood effect dash (bit naff, but apparently was a £600 option when the car was new. God knows why)
-Cruise Control
-** The car will also come with a spares package, if you want it. This includes:
Spare gearbox
Spare turbo
Spare steering rack
Spare front panel complete with headlamps
Spare exhaust system
Spare rear bumper
Spare o/s/f window regulator
Spare o/s/f door latch assembly
Spare radiator/ condenser/ intercooler assembly
Spare fuel tank with fuel pump

and plenty of other little bits if you want them

All of these parts are known to be in good working order as they came from a spare 1995 T5 I bought and used for two months until the MOT ran out when I stripped it for parts.

Basically speaking the parts listed above are worth £400 - £500 on their own, but due to a lack of space I have decided to let them go with the car. You could either keep them as spares, or sell them on and make the price of the car back. Entirely up to you.

It is so much fun leaving behind the boy racers in a large Volvo estate; you will never tire of it. I know I will regret letting it go, but I really can't justify keeping it either, so for a quick sale including almost 5 months tax and over 6 months MOT it is for sale for £600.

The car is in Yeovil in Somerset. Feel free to PM me here and I can give you more details, and my phone number/ email address.

Last edited by Steve74; Apr 8th, 2010 at 19:11.
Steve74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2010, 19:15   #2
DuncVolvoTurbo
Yes....I'm Back!

Grrrrr, you're just a few days too late, or I would have had that off you. At that money I can't see it being with you for very long. Good Luck!
'05 XC90, '97 945, '94 854, '92 964, '93 944, '93 945, '89 244, '92 440
DuncVolvoTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2010, 20:26   #3
t5monster

very nice i hope alvv70 sees the condition of those seats as he trying to say the ones i am selling are worn and cracked as mine puts them to shame neway hope u sell it m8 thats a great bargain
Old Apr 8th, 2010, 20:48   #4
shaun w

Smile

What a great car mate good luck with the sale ,if you werent a million miles away i would be really tempted what a bargain
caddy g60
shaun w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9th, 2010, 10:44   #5
spooks

oh man shes just what i'm looking for but i live in bedfordshire. shame, someone will bite your arm off.
spooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9th, 2010, 17:20   #6
spooks

hello mate i'm very interrested in buying your car. please can you pm me your number. many thank's iain
spooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9th, 2010, 18:31   #7
laviathan

Hi ya,

Where in Somerset? I am in Wilts, Swindon.

Have posting in WANTS which explains all.
laviathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10th, 2010, 20:41   #8
Steve74

Now sold. Thanks for the interest.
Steve74 is offline   Reply With Quote