Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General > 850/x70 S1 Wants

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Wanted V70 LPG or Diesel

Views : 3258

Replies : 37

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 13th, 2011, 16:34   #11
catflem
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimcoted View Post
Don't encourage him to look elsewhere Jack, what's 600 in a Volvo?? Hours flight, brief jaunt back and he's got it. I thought these Scots were made of sterner stuff than this. William Wallace never said "We'll go as far as Glasgow"

Jim
I'm a Londoner........ hence the lack of backbone

I've already checked out the flights - I was going to go via luton, then catch the train to Crawley, pick up the car and then drive down to Chippenham (don't ask :-) ) stay in the travel lodge at Leigh Delamere, and then drive back up to Scotland the following day.

BUT
1. There are no certificates for the LPG conversion, it isn't on the LPG register, and the log book makes no mention of LPG.
2. The seller has only driven it about 5 times for a distance of 5 miles - so he would recommend I get RAC cover.
3. He's a dealer rather than a private seller

The only previous time I've bought a car unseen turned out to be a complete disaster, so I've bottled it :-)

But knowing what an idiot I am, I wouldn't be surprised to find my finger hovering over the bid button tomorrow :-)
catflem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to catflem For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 13th, 2011, 20:59   #12
Jimcoted

Listed on the LPG register really doesn't matter. I have had an 850 T5 which was not listed but then neither is the Grand Voyager they have listed the Jeep Cherokee but not the Voyager nor the earlier V70's. It is a very strange set of criteria used by "the register". You need only notify the DVLA of it's dual fuel status and I am sure you could get any competent LPG company in Scotland to check it over and issue a certificate.
Jimcoted is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jimcoted For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 14th, 2011, 21:34   #13
catflem
Master Member

Damn, got outbid on the black LPG V70.

Serves me right for being a tight wad, but I was also considering the collection and repairs costs into my bid.

Haven't defected to a Mundane O yet, but I've got my eye on a diesel V70 not to far away.
Old Oct 15th, 2011, 11:56   #14
Jimcoted

Oh hard luck. I was watching it to see if you got it. Didn't think it was you because the guy who got it was also bidding on quite a few other cars.
Old Oct 15th, 2011, 13:55   #15
catflem
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimcoted View Post
Oh hard luck. I was watching it to see if you got it. Didn't think it was you because the guy who got it was also bidding on quite a few other cars.
Fingers crossed that the buyer doesn't see the sale through....... which seems to happen quite a lot on ebay (but never on a car that I'm interested in :-) )

I had my bid prepared, and was waiting to place it in the last 10 seconds when I noticed it had gone to £770, which was about £15 quid more than I was going to bid. But my method of sniping in the last few seconds means that you don't get the time to try a higher bid if it all goes pear shaped.
Old Oct 15th, 2011, 14:27   #16
Jimcoted

join bidnip.com I never sit there and bid. I simply tell bidnip what my Maximum is and it bids for me in the last 7 seconds BUT if you have told it too little you cannot change it once the last 4 minutes have begun to tick away. I have looked dodn here for you but there is nothing at the moment.
Old Oct 15th, 2011, 15:09   #17
Jimcoted

Diesel and just about on your 200 mile ( I am scared of going further, might drop off the end of the world) limit

http://www.motorstoday.co.uk/details...3-51040cd0275f
Old Oct 15th, 2011, 18:13   #18
Jimcoted

Come on man, dust your sporran off, get your kilt on and go have a look at it. It's this side of Hadrian's Wall so there's no fear of falling off the edge of the world. Sounds like a good 'un even if it aint as quiet as my LPG one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Oct 16th, 2011, 10:03   #19
capt jack
VOC Member

Smile Jimcoted = Superman?

You ever thought of going into car sourcing and sales Jim?

Reckon our tame McTavish will be Volvo mobile thanks mostly to your efforts!

While you're at it, could you find me a 244GLE, a 164TE, an S80T6, and a nice V70 D5 - all autos, all in perfect order, and all for under a £1000?

Oh, and all within Yorkshire, and all personally chauffered to my home address by Kate Winslet?

Cheers

Jack
capt jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16th, 2011, 14:34   #20
Jimcoted

Shouldn't be too hard that!!!!

Severely disappointed with McCatflem though. Spent hours searching for the ideal car for him, found the silver one a mere couple of hours bike ride away from him, it's mostly down hill, and he hasn't even gone to look at it. Where are the jocks of old? Rob Roy would have saddled up an Angus or two charged off, bought the V70, roasted the now redundant bovine tied it to the roof and had it in Aberdeen that night for dinner while admiring his silver diesel V70 glinting in the Scottish moonlight while over the road McCatflem was busy sticking another bit back onto the Mondeo!!

Last edited by Jimcoted; Oct 16th, 2011 at 14:36.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jimcoted For This Useful Post: