Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General > 850/x70 S1 Wants

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Wanted V70 LPG or Diesel

Views : 3261

Replies : 37

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 24th, 2011, 10:29   #31
catflem
Master Member

Cool

The local scrappy came up trumps :-)

A complete leather interior (Mushroom colour), including the luggage cover, ignition key with fob & stereo (I'd paid for the interior so there was no point in leaving them behind), a rear spoiler in Red :-( , and a set of roof rails for the princely sum of £70 !
catflem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25th, 2011, 11:14   #32
Jimcoted

I need to move up there then!! They want fortunes down here.
Jimcoted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25th, 2011, 15:03   #33
Jimcoted

Fit the leather interior etc away from the house. The neighbours will never know then that it was originally the poverty trim model!!! Says he with the smugness of somebody who has a T5 CD model on LPG!!!!!
Old Oct 26th, 2011, 12:04   #34
catflem
Master Member

I never worry what the neighbours think.......... and as a Londoner living in a scottish fishing village I think they've got far worse things to say about me than "he's only got a cloth interior" :-)

It just so happens that I'm farm sitting for the inlaws this week, so it'll be getting swapped over 40 miles from home anyway.

The drive up from Newcastle went as smooth as silk, and I'm really impressed with the power of it as I've been driving a 90bhp Pug 406 of late.

The extra 50bhp, and a far nicer car has made a difference to my insurance premium though.......... they're charging me 58p more a month ! :-)

Last edited by catflem; Oct 26th, 2011 at 12:44.
The Following User Says Thank You to catflem For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 26th, 2011, 15:07   #35
Jimcoted

They are a nice car to drive. I have a Grand Voyager with all the toys but prefer to drive the Volvo. Take all the precautions if it has SIPS when removing the seats though. Swapping the seats over is a breeze if they are anything like the 850 I swapped my half leather for full leather and it took us no time at all. On the TV question, could have been. If it began with a German Shepherd in a Hydrotherapy Pool. I turned down Channel 4 and Sky. Channel 4 were messing our clients about and Sky wanted too much of my time. I said a couple of hours they wanted all day which would have meant delaying some of the dogs from getting their wheels by a few days. If you get the number of the car in the scrapyard Volvo will give you the radio code.
Old Oct 26th, 2011, 19:10   #36
capt jack
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by catflem View Post
I never worry what the neighbours think.......... and as a Londoner living in a scottish fishing village I think they've got far worse things to say about me than "he's only got a cloth interior" :-)

It just so happens that I'm farm sitting for the inlaws this week, so it'll be getting swapped over 40 miles from home anyway.

The drive up from Newcastle went as smooth as silk, and I'm really impressed with the power of it as I've been driving a 90bhp Pug 406 of late.

The extra 50bhp, and a far nicer car has made a difference to my insurance premium though.......... they're charging me 58p more a month ! :-)
Nice one!

I just love a happy ending!

Cheers

Jack
capt jack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to capt jack For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 27th, 2011, 10:08   #37
catflem
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimcoted View Post
They are a nice car to drive. I have a Grand Voyager with all the toys but prefer to drive the Volvo. Take all the precautions if it has SIPS when removing the seats though. Swapping the seats over is a breeze if they are anything like the 850 I swapped my half leather for full leather and it took us no time at all. On the TV question, could have been. If it began with a German Shepherd in a Hydrotherapy Pool. I turned down Channel 4 and Sky. Channel 4 were messing our clients about and Sky wanted too much of my time. I said a couple of hours they wanted all day which would have meant delaying some of the dogs from getting their wheels by a few days. If you get the number of the car in the scrapyard Volvo will give you the radio code.
I've disconnected the battery, so presumably that will take care of any potential sips problems.

When I removed the seats from the scrapper, I took the seat belts with them, but I note that there is a warning on the pretensioner that it should not be used in another car.......... which is a pity because the seat belts in the scrapper are cleaner than my ones. Presumably I should heed the warning and not swap the belts over ?.

My recollection of the TV programme is pretty vague, I think it was a cash in the attic type of programme with a little white dog that had balance problems. He couldn't walk any distance without falling over, but within minutes of having his harness fitted he was bombing around like a good un. Our mutt might need your services in a few years - do you do a giant T5 R version............ He's a Borzoi, so he's bloody big, and pretty quick........ he's the reason why we have to have a big estate :-).

The radio code for the scrapper is not a problem, the owners manual with a card carrying the stereo code was in the car, so I grabbed that as well. Its a pity the owner didn't leave the locking wheel nut key in the car, because there is a nice set of alloys with very good tyres on the car, but I can't get the damned things off :-(. I've tried one of the Irwin bolt remover things, but the dammned nut has been done up by a gorilla !.
Old Oct 27th, 2011, 10:51   #38
Jimcoted

Are the seats manual or electric. If manual you must remove the side covers and inside you will find a red plastic safety device in a holder which you then fit onto the SIPS bag sensor on the side of the seat. Thats from Haynes. Haynes says you can remove the belts but battery must be disconnected for at least ten minutes and then you have to disconnect the unltrasonic sensor inside the top of the B panel.