Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General > XC90 '02–'15 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

xc90 se lux manual for sale

Views : 4873

Replies : 29

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 11th, 2012, 17:55   #11
gary austin

Default xc90

hi how do i know what version xenon i have ? when they come on they come on with a slight flask/flicker and are very white and the light from them goes out in the dark at the same brightness all the way?and they also self level as ive notice this when parked on a gradient at night when i jump in they light up and rise slightly cheers gary
gary austin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11th, 2012, 19:23   #12
Backhill1
Master Member

Great, you used to be able to order active headlights which steered but they were not Xenon (a kind of in between option). I just wanted to confiirm they were Xenons, if they bend that is a bonus. I stay in the middle of knowhere and all country roads so this would be a real bonus for me. Just wish i had it on my present cars. Ill mess around with what i can do and hopefully be in touch.

Thanks again.
Backhill1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11th, 2012, 20:18   #13
gary austin

Default xenon

so i presume with my desription that i have active bi-xenons then ? i just asumed that the car had them from the bright light they give off and the strange glass ball in them plus how bright they are and also i can turn the active bending off from a switch on the dash cheers gary
Old Nov 11th, 2012, 20:55   #14
Backhill1
Master Member

Yeh for sure this is the best option, I just remember when i was about to order a new XC70 nearly getting caught out. It appeared to be a cheep option the active headlights until you realise it doesnt include Xenon. I think at the time there was a lighting pack or something like that which made it better value but it was mad money like 1.5K hence why unusual. I was going through a lex contract hire so i could have been getting a bit of flannel? Have you ever actually worked out the economy on the car im hoping for 34, im getting 38 with my wifes V70d5awd with the same engine and gearbox combo (56) the computer says 40ish but i think they are programmed to optomistic mode.
Backhill1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11th, 2012, 21:55   #15
gary austin

Default xc90

hi my wife was using the car for the last few months as i had my 240 on the road and it was returning 34mpg back and forward to edinburgh but since ive beem using it the last 2 weeks or so its dropped to just above 32mpg but ive got a different driving style than her and im a more stop start run to work both of us have a 40mile round trip. funny i just noticed that your in turriff the car originally came from aberdeenshire and has all but one services from volvo a/deen.keep in touch gary
Old Nov 20th, 2012, 15:28   #16
gary austin

Smile xc90 se lux

this car is still available for sale cheers gary
Old Nov 30th, 2012, 08:43   #17
SirPi

Default Nice car!

Looks a great spec car. Just a bit too high on the mileage and distance away for me. GLWS.
SirPi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27th, 2012, 20:24   #18
gary austin

hi all still have this xc90 se lux for sale £11750 ono
Old Dec 27th, 2012, 20:45   #19
harvey07
Master Member

Hi Gary, sorry, not interested in the XC, but I am more than slightly spooked with the problem that you are having selling it.

I recall you bought yours just after me, from memory, its a newer/higher spec motor than mine and you got it with a warranty/service deal from a main dealer near me, for around the same (maybe less) than I paid. Its a cracking looking motor...and you have it up at a very decent price.

I have no regrets buying mine (although questioned how good a deal I got after reading about yours) & touch wood, apart from the higher tax band & poor mpg (not a huge issue as I only do about 6k a year), I have been pretty fortunate with maintenance costs.

I'd ideally like another, newer 90 or maybe a 60, come time, but won't be doing so soon, if as I suspect any trade in offer would likely be woeful & selling private has never worked too well for me.

Anyway, wishing you all the best with selling in the new year...
harvey07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28th, 2012, 11:21   #20
gary austin

hi harvey thanks ive had it on ebay and autotrader for 2 months ,had a few come to see it and loved it but all had cars to sell before buying and thus no sales yet ,i was offered 11k from land rover against a new one without them looking at car but they said i could get more once they saw it but ive done 20k trouble free and love the car im going to put it back on ebay and autotrader soon hoping for a sale this time, i think the problem with the car market is no one has large amounts of cash but its so easy to get a deal from a dealer now thats what people go for as they can change it whenever they want or hand it back and walk away, where like me i bought it cash for 16k and now struggling to get it sold for a bargain price but hopefully i can get a deal out of someone soon otherwise i might be forced to trade it in and take a big hit cheers gary