Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

How can i tell if this is a post 2007 front bumper?

Views : 596

Replies : 9

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 30th, 2012, 19:36   #1
jhd2000

Default How can i tell if this is a post 2007 front bumper?

Hi all, wondering if anyone with knowledge could help.

I'm a former C70 owner and having missed it for 3 years the onset of a child is providing a good excuse to replace my Corsa with a V50 2.0D

Considering the example below and noticed it seems to have either a S40 grill or a new style V50 one, which I believe means the front bumper is also a replacement?

Can anyone shed any light? Also wondering if this means its had a front impact and repair at some point.

Any ideas would be a great help as I'm driving to see it tomorrow

Thanks

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...51hq?logcode=p
jhd2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2012, 19:53   #2
rowdy

It's a pre facelift.
rowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2012, 19:55   #3
jhd2000

Ah right, didn't know they introduced that hideous grill once the model had already been out for a bit. Many thanks, mind at ease now!
Old May 30th, 2012, 20:00   #4
rowdy

The grill on that car is probably from an S40.
If you prefer the chrome grill then there are probably dozens of people on here that would swap.
Either that or get a chrome one off the bay and put that one on, as they are worth a small fortune (the S40 ones) for what they are.
rowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2012, 20:02   #5
Lee '71

It is a pre-facelift model but someone has changed the grille to one from a S40 for aesthetic reasons. I have a used V50 chrome grille if you are going to buy this car and want to replace the grille for the original one.
Lee '71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2012, 20:08   #6
jhd2000

Right so it has been changed.

I won't be changing it again, in fact if it still had the original grill I'd be making the change myself so bonus its been done already ;-)
Old May 30th, 2012, 23:05   #7
jhd2000

Thanks for the advice so far going tomorrow to look at the car above and this one:

http://www.roberteardleyskoda.co.uk/...-used-cars.htm

Any thoughts anyone? I know the diesel is more economical but attracted by the lower miles on the petrol and thinking of an LPG conversion to even things up

Thanks
Old May 31st, 2012, 10:48   #8
classicswede
Trader Volvo in my veins

The LPG should work out just slightly lower running cost than the derv. Its a case of factoring the purchase cost of teh two and then adding the LPG conversion

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=135975

If you only do a low milage then the LPG might not be worth it. Short runs rule out any derv with DPF as if not run long enough to get hot they clog up.
classicswede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2012, 15:35   #9
jhd2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicswede View Post
The LPG should work out just slightly lower running cost than the derv. Its a case of factoring the purchase cost of teh two and then adding the LPG conversion

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=135975

If you only do a low milage then the LPG might not be worth it. Short runs rule out any derv with DPF as if not run long enough to get hot they clog up.
Thanks for the info, actually just got back, done a deal for the 2.4, straight swap for my corsa 1.3cdti ;-)

I see you're in Angelsey, my friends have a holiday house there so would be no issue to come over and get you to do the conversion once I assemble the funds. Could you PM me a quote for the various systems with their pros and cons please?

Many thanks
Old May 31st, 2012, 21:59   #10
classicswede
Trader Volvo in my veins

I have sent you an email as you do not yet have enough posts to reply to private messages.

Dai
classicswede is offline   Reply With Quote