Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General > 850/x70 S1 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

For Sale 1995 Volvo 850 Auto GLT Auto Estate

Views : 469

Replies : 0

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 19th, 2017, 21:54   #1
Kirkmichael
Purclewan

Default For Sale 1995 Volvo 850 Auto GLT Auto Estate

Selling my 1995 Volvo 850 Auto GLT Auto Estate.

Maroon with beige leather interior. Only two owners. Pretty full Service History from day one. 167000 miles. Offered as Donor car or rebuild. No MOT. On SORN. £200 and it's yours.

It is for sale as a donor/parts car although I believe it could be made roadworthy fairly easily. I have owned this car for over 9 years was using it daily and regularly traveled around Scotland and the Lake District until I was forced off the road taking avoiding action and damaged the right front wheel and wing. Damage has been repaired although the wing liner still needs riveting back in place and the wing is "bruised". Whilst waiting for repairs I bought a Volvo V70 Estate which I started using and my beloved 850 is now standing looking sorry for itself on my drive http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/images...oken_heart.gif . MOT has run out but it had always gone through MOTs without major issue. Presently on SORN. Good service history and well looked after throughout its long life. Good number plate, M422 WES. Suit a Wes or Wesley. V5C Present and up to date. I don't want to scrap it as it still has so much life.

Good points: Car starts and runs well and had been fitted with a new exhaust 6 months before its accident. Good headlamps, rear quarterlights etc. Three good tyres including a nearly new Michelin. Gearbox changes smoothly and has never given any problems. New dampers on tailgate. Good workhorse and fairly frugal with petrol. Bodywork a bit tatty but solid. No warning lights.

Not so good. Drivers heated seat does not work and the heater fan does not always run on setting 4(needs resistor pack). Rear wiper is sticking now but I have some spares which I will give with the car. Rear door has a little rust above the number plate. Front left side wing has rust spot by wheel arch. Battery does not hold a good charge and needs replacement.

I have the original Volvo radio/cassette which can be sold with the car. Various small spares included.

I have recently undergone major surgery which has seriously limited my mobility and sadly does mean my days of working on or restoring my cars are behind me. I am NOT a dealer, I just love old Volvos and have three presently including this one. I'm not in a position to break the car (and I would not want to) so please don't ask.

Make no mistake, this is an old car but still has loads of life left in it if you are looking for a project or a donor. I have tried to be honest with my description and will answer any sensible questions but please don't ask me to strip or break it as I have no facilities. It is sold as is.

Although it does drive, handle and brake well this is not a car to buy and drive away. You would need to do a bit of work for an MOT, but it is a cheap modern Classic.

Well used with scratches and chips commensurate with age. The paintwork is in reasonable condition but lacquer is peeling on the bonnet and a few other places. A small rust spot on the left wing has begun to show. The interior is beige leather and apart from the drivers seat in fairly good condition. The driver's seat has a tear and is worn but reasonable condition. Non-smokers car so no stale tobacco smell. Rear cargo area is marked and a little stained as are most well-used Volvo Estates. See photos. Can supply more if needed.

I have this for sale elswere but wanted to advertise it here as I know there are many like me who love their old Volvos.

Although it does start and drive, will need to be collected on a trailer as no TAC/MOT. Payment cash only.
Please no silly offers. If it does not sell I will donate it to the CharityCar website.

Reply on the board if you are interested or email Purclewan at googlemail.com.

PS I aslo have a V70 AWD for restoration that I will be selling.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1110496.jpg (243.6 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg P1110500.jpg (171.7 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg P1110502.jpg (200.7 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg P1110495.jpg (184.9 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg P1110499.jpg (193.7 KB, 36 views)

Last edited by Kirkmichael; Sep 19th, 2017 at 22:03. Reason: Add Email
Kirkmichael is offline   Reply With Quote