Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Performance Volvo Cars
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Performance Volvo Cars A forum for those interested in any Volvo performance car from any era, FWD, RWD and AWD!

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Replacement air filters 850r

Views : 861

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 22nd, 2006, 21:24   #1
stevesR
VOC Member

Default Replacement air filters 850r

Hi guys
i want to change the paper air filter for a performance one, i have used k&n before on other motors but would like to know if anyone has used other makes on an 850R that they believe to be better than a k&n, and what differences you have noticed with the change in filter.
'I'm almost afraid to ask because of the healthy debate sparked by my oil question!'
stevesR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2006, 22:04   #2
Pedro Fandango
I've Been Banned

i've never experimented with replacement panel filters but when i replaced my k&n cone filter with a Pipercross one the improvement was noticable, as both use the same materials for the panel filters as they do there cones i would guess the same works with them
Pedro Fandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2006, 22:38   #3
lverona

ITG seem to have a good reputation, although I've never tried them.
lverona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2006, 22:49   #4
NatHLM

Hi, we sell both ITG and Pipercross - both seem very popular

Pipercross £33 inc
ITG start from £45 Inc

ITG obviously slightly better quality but pipercross is a very good alternative.

Nat xx
www.chiptuninguk.com
Old Aug 23rd, 2006, 10:18   #5
Ren
performancevolvoworld.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevesR View Post
Hi guys
i want to change the paper air filter for a performance one, i have used k&n before on other motors but would like to know if anyone has used other makes on an 850R that they believe to be better than a k&n, and what differences you have noticed with the change in filter.
'I'm almost afraid to ask because of the healthy debate sparked by my oil question!'
Just finishing my own filter testing and beleive I have found the best combination for my own car. I have the stock box with a modified inside and a custom pipercross filter (started life as an element drop-in) with dual cold air feeds. BIG difference to the 'feel' of power-on-tap, no delays in pickup, turbo spool sounds great and an increase in boost (marginally, but still a difference) and it doesn't run out of steam at the top end.

Dave
Ren is offline   Reply With Quote