Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > V40/XC '12>17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Engine choice for V40

Views : 2667

Replies : 13

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 29th, 2015, 21:45   #11
mossca

Quote:
Originally Posted by andymcp View Post
Collected it this afternoon, can't get the grin off Mrs McP's face

D2 R-Design Lux, passion red, 63 plate, 9,000 on the clock. BLIS, park assist pilot, nav, winter pack, spare wheel, flex boot floor, Sensus connected Touch, keyless, lane depart, probably more we haven't found yet. For the money a brilliant car, so smooth and remarkably cheap to run! Insurance only £20 more than the Peugeot 107 its replacing and £20 less in road tax (i.e. Zero!). Just ordering up winter tyres and it'll be perfect.

Once again nothing but praise for Gordon @ Taggarts, been brilliant in every dealing with him. No hesitation in recommending him to friends & family.
You'll love it. I've got the D2 Cross Country SE Nav. Have you found the little pockets at the front on the seat squabs? Took me 6 months to find those. I haven't dared use the park assist yet. Congrats its a cracking car.
mossca is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mossca For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 29th, 2015, 21:49   #12
mossca

Just taxed mine, very strange, Didn't pay anything, didn't get anything, (no tax disc) weird.
mossca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2015, 22:24   #13
andymcp
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Considered1 View Post
Congrats Andy (good guess eh?) Pics please. I like the V40, hoping to get one as a courtesy car some time.
Too dark for pics now but if it's not looking too shabby after 130 mile run tomorrow I'll get some over the weekend

Mine: 2014 V60 D4 SE Lux Nav Geartronic
Mrs McP: 2013 V40 D2 R-Design Lux Nav
andymcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2015, 15:29   #14
andymcp
Premier Member

Well, that's a couple of months under the belt now and it's still proving to be the great wee car we'd hoped for. The D2 is a remarkably well suited engine, enough of everything and perfectly competent at getting us all around. Took the whole family plus dog plus luggage on a weekend trip no problem at all and even on the awful roads around Kintyre it gave a remarkably smooth ride.

Average mpg is pretty decent, around 55-60 at the pumps and that's without really trying too hard. Most importantly though, the cabin is a lovely place to be and it's a very pretty car to walk up to/away from, the R-Design finishes the look perfectly. Passion Red a great colour too, so may well be investing in some ceramic detailing to keep it that way for longer. Just found out that Sensus Connected Touch also allows Mrs McP to leave a modem plugged into the control unit so she has permanent Wi-Fi for the kids (they're used to it from my car) and her Internet Radio apps, so an extra seal of approval there now too.

One minor electrical gripe (which turned into a 130-mile recovery) but since then everything has behaved perfectly and we have enjoyed plenty miles with few trips to the pumps. Brilliant car.

Mine: 2014 V60 D4 SE Lux Nav Geartronic
Mrs McP: 2013 V40 D2 R-Design Lux Nav
andymcp is offline   Reply With Quote