Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General

Notices

S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General Forum for the P3-platform S80 and 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Multiple electrical issues

Views : 361

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 15th, 2019, 14:53   #1
gagashagy

Default Multiple electrical issues

Hello,

About a year ago I bought a V70 D5, 2002. Since then, multiple problems have surfaced and finally I'm looking out for help, so by listing all of them with short description, I am hoping that someone will be able to suggest - could it be single source? Or maybe group these in some way?
- Right side mirror - regulates itself until furthest it can go and sort of "clicks" over trying to continue. This happens also when engine is off.
- Instrument panel - sometimes does not work (wont light up with key turn). It remains completely dark, no gauges moving. After a while or on next startup - starts to work again, but this always results with two things - Air Bag error light comes on and stays on until removed by service and error 025 appears in info screen.
- Central lock - sometimes back doors don't lock. sometimes they don't unlock. Sometimes all the doors stay locked even though turn signal lights blink. Also if I locked all the doors from inside and then got out, - trying to lock the car with remote, leaves the drivers door unlocked. (at these times, I can hear the solanoids working)
- Tailgate lock - at first it worked fine. then it started to fail but only sometimes. now it only locks, but never unlocks. Changed solanoid - it does exactly the same - locks but does not unlock.
- Fuel tank lid - does not lock at all.
- Cruise control - when turned on, indicator "Cruise" appears on dash, but actual cruise cannot be turned on. pressing button "+" or "-" a bunch of times sometimes help. I've noticed that above 90km/h it works far more often, than on 55 km/h.
- Right front window - Auto lowering worked, but auto rising did not. Then one day, it just started to work both ways.
- Fuel level gauge - displays incorrect amount. When empty tank light comes on, there is nothing left at all.
- Driver seat - does not heat - this is most likely broken heater element but decided that it's still worth mentioning.

Could these issues be caused by some module failure? Maybe multiple?
At this point, I'm starting to think that maybe this car was retrieved from bottom of a lake or something.

Best regards,
gagashagy
gagashagy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2019, 11:46   #2
ShadeTek
Premier Member

You are posting on the wrong forum year however I can tell you that your symptoms sound like a faulty DIM. These are easily fixed by many different companies. One forum user, Spoz, will also repair it for you....and yes you have several other unrelated faults too.

V70 SE NAV 1.6 D2 2015MY POWERSHIFT, D4162T, 86000miles, RED.
/VOL FCR/PEPER OBD2/Acron 9135 OBD2/L.E.D Flasher/VDASH/ANCEL BA301
ShadeTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2019, 09:16   #3
reggit
Premier Member

Yup, wrong forum - this is for P3 cars.

However as said above, you've got a couple of unrelated faults, the DIM on 2000-2004 cars has a well known fault that causes multiple issues as they age. Easy quick fix, look up Spokulozik in the P2 traders section.

Sounds like a failing relay in the REM, the rear doors are controlled from that module as far as I know.

And either a blocked fuel filter or in-tank pump causing the car to run out of fuel early, it actually can't access the last 1/8th tank if the pump or transfer piping in the tank has failed.

Anyway, the correct place to ask questions about your car is here https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=19
Old Feb 18th, 2019, 10:26   #4
gagashagy

Thank you for pointing me to correct place and advice on possible issue/s. I'll continue there.

Cheers
gagashagy is offline   Reply With Quote