Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General > 700/900 Series Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

1994 Wentworth Auto Estate

Views : 5163

Replies : 68

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Closed Thread

Old Apr 6th, 2011, 18:03   #21
captain_pugwash_20
Master Member

Default M o t

Hi 'D', listen mate, I've just realised where we are already in 2011. What with everything that's happened here of late, Is it really April already. June is only on the other side of next month. Can I put a proposition to you? Of course, I'd reimburse you so let me get that out of the way first. I'd also reimburse you for your trouble too...amply. Is there any chance that you could take her through the test. Then after that all I'd need to find would be the tax at the end of June. It would really be a great help to me as I'm still wading through everything there is to sort out after my wife's passing. Please let me know your thoughts on that one. I've got my fingers crossed. Take care. 'B'
Old Apr 6th, 2011, 18:06   #22
captain_pugwash_20
Master Member

Default Afterthought

Aw 'D' . Just posted and read my posting and I'd understand it if you thought it was a 'trust' issue on my part. Sorry if it looks like it, but I can honestly say that it isn't. I guess it's me trying to circumvent as many personal stresses with having a lot on my plate at the moment. As I said, I'd cover any outlay on your part. Cheers 'B'
Old Apr 8th, 2011, 01:13   #23
captain_pugwash_20
Master Member

Default My plans lie shattered by events beyond my control

Dear 'D', If I told you of all the events that have occurred to me in the past few weeks, you'd say I was making it up. The fact is that you just couldn't make it up. The events of the past few days alone...... Anyway, things, events have conspired to prevent me from following my plans to make the journey to MK. My financial plans were hit, not once, but many times in the space of this week alone. You probably think I'm making it all up, but if you take the trouble to go through my posts, you'll see there's quite a bit of domestic trauma. I never thought that so many things would be brought against me. I'll recover, but for now all my plans are firmly on hold. I'd understand it if you branded me a timewaster. I guess the end result to you is pretty much the same. All I can do is to hope that you can forgive me for appearing to lead you 'down the garden path' regarding your Wentworth. I hope our paths can cross again under more favourable circumstances. I wish you well. 'B'
Old Apr 8th, 2011, 14:41   #24
bogart
Master Member

Read my earlier post re time wasters! Turned down a near offer due to you hope you are pleased!!!
The whole country has problems what makes you different?

Last edited by bogart; Apr 8th, 2011 at 14:46.
Old Apr 8th, 2011, 14:43   #25
bogart
Master Member

Now back on the market due to the above TIMEWASTER.
Will take offers near the £400 as it's taking up room I need.
Please be genuine
Old Apr 9th, 2011, 01:53   #26
captain_pugwash_20
Master Member

You wrote: "Read my earlier post re time wasters! Turned down a near offer due to you hope you are pleased!!!
The whole country has problems what makes you different? "
Right then Mr. Bogart. You asked for it, so here's all my problems to date which have conspired to prevent me from doing business with you. Afterwards, you can decide if they make me different or not.
I sat at my wife's hospital bedside for 6 weeks watching the cancer eat her away, tending to her every need, washing her because she didn't want the nurses to do it. Caressing her when the pain got severe. Watching the weight drop off, a stone a week. Finally she gently asked to be allowed to go then she slipped away whilst cuddling my arm. I held her as the last breath left her. The time immediately after is a blur, but last week we had her funeral and afterwards the 'fun' began. My once trusty Volvo died just after getting everyone home on the night. As she had a few problems, allowed to continue as I spent my time with my wife. Then as I was her carer, the DWP stopped my money pending a change. My Housing Benefit and my Council Tax Benefit stopped. I'm 60 and not likely to find work easily. Then the funeral came to more than expected and the life insurance paid out less than expected. My friends had to cancel their trip down to Milton Keynes so I couldn't make it. Oh and by the way, I had to get my central heating and water heating fixed. I simply broke down physically and mentally as a result of everything hitting me at the same time. I even had to sell some of my wife's jewellery to finish paying for the funeral. I don't know where my next money is coming from or when. I didn't want to have to give this to you chapter and verse, but you branded me "The above TIMEWASTER". You say you hope I'm pleased. Well Mr. Bogart, I AM pleased, now! I'm pleased that I didn't do business with you after all. Human nature never ceases to surprise me. I came to you as a friend and I'm leaving you also as a friend, but I'm sad for you. I thought typical Volvo owners attached to a worthy forum such as this were better people. You have proved to me that one Volvo owner is a sad person and NOT a better person. I pity you my friend. Go in peace.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to captain_pugwash_20 For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 9th, 2011, 21:51   #27
bogart
Master Member

Can't be bothered to read your drivel. Not the slightest bit interested in your sob story keep it to yourself. Let's hope next person along has more integrity. End of story!!!
Old Apr 9th, 2011, 23:35   #28
minesa240x3
loyalty

Dear Mr bogart maybe a little understanding of the unique circumstances would be nice?
Maybe noone wants to buy a car from someone with no compassion.
I wish you well with your sale.NOT
Brian.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to minesa240x3 For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 11th, 2011, 23:17   #29
learngolf

Default Different mixed messages

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogart View Post
Can't be bothered to read your drivel. Not the slightest bit interested in your sob story keep it to yourself. Let's hope next person along has more integrity. End of story!!!
Hi Bogart,

I understand your frustration and there are certainly time wasters out there, but you have perhaps been a little too harsh in your last reply. If there are other communications which have not been shared publicly they obviously might show things in a different light.
As the time scale of the proposed transaction with the purchaser has only been less than one week in April and the car is on sale since last February it is obviously unfortunate that a possible sale has been missed. Can we all accept that snit happens and move on.
I wish you luck with the sale.

regards,

Learngolf
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to learngolf For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 12th, 2011, 02:14   #30
captain_pugwash_20
Master Member

Default My parting words, then the matter is closed.

I thank all for your kind support. Paradoxically, I too abhor timewasters, I have always tried to conduct myself in a way that I would wish people would treat me. It's not every day someone loses someone close, real close, then like dominos, everything else seems to go awry as it did with myself. I've not known if I was bored, drilled or countersunk for far too long now. I never set out to upset anyone, but as you say, snit happens. I too however wish Mr. Bogart well, or shall I say, I cannot bring myself to wish bad for him. I'm too long in the tooth to hold grudges, life's too short. Just for the record, there has been no exchange out of the limits of this forum, what you see is all there has been. Mr. bogart did PM me, but I did not have sufficient posts to reply in kind, so all my posts were out in the open. His PM to me was polite and business like. It is a pity that he couldn't maintain it. Finally, I still stand by my words, that I am pleased now that we did not end up doing business. I now draw a veil over the whole affair and a line in the sand and move on.
Closed Thread