Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 200 Series General > 200 Series Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

1998 GLT Saloon LPG for sale.

Views : 2857

Replies : 23

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 28th, 2009, 22:33   #1
James Hepburn
240 GLT for sale

Default 1998 GLT Saloon LPG for sale.

My much loved 240 GLT saloon in silver with LPG conversion is up for sale. I bought it Oct 2007 with 92,000 on the clock. It has now d one 104.000. Its just had 12 months ticket put on it. For the test it had two bottom ball joints, 4 panhard rod bushes and a new front number plate. Within the past 12 months I have put on a new set of tyres, new front disks and pads and rear pads. Since I’ve owned it i have also fitted a “mike Brace” LPG kit at the cost of nearly £500.00, new alternator, new water pump, 2 headlamp reflectors, genuine Volvo HT leads, dizzy cap, rotor arm and NGK plugs, clutch slave cylinder. The interior full black leather and good condition, there is a small split in the seam on the driver seat. Everything electric works other than the drivers mirror and sometimes the Rev counter. The Tax runs out end of Januarry.

There is no rust anywhere on the vehicle the original underseal is about 5mm thick the Virgos are in good conditin and the sunroof does not leak but unfortunately my wife did have an altercation with a gate and the rear N/S wheel arch and quarter panel have a bit of damage.

Basically this car is a brilliant runner and never let me down, its never wanted for anything and its cheap to run due to it Being on LPG. With a little bit of body work this will be a brilliant 240 GLT.

It was first bought by somebody in the forces and taken out to Germany when it come back in 1991 it was fist registered and given an age related plate.

For those that know the 240 series I will not patronize you by telling you what a great car they are but for those of you that don’t the 240 series is a brilliant car. They are a pleasure to work on, lots of space in the engine bay and the Swedes know how to engineer a car. Everything is beautifully thought out and put together which makes working on it easy. Cars that are able to be maintained by the home mechanic are getting rare, £650 gets a bargin ive spent far more than this on it in the two years i've owned it. Thanks Jim.
I'm trying to get some photos on, can anybody help?

Last edited by James Hepburn; Dec 28th, 2009 at 22:36. Reason: missing info
James Hepburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29th, 2009, 07:25   #2
brodgar
I've Been Banned

Default ebay now

this new ""member"" has put the car on ebay at thesame time he posted here.
brodgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29th, 2009, 08:09   #3
James Hepburn
240 GLT for sale

Is this a problem? I am only trying to get maximum coverage. As i have used this forum and the other one since ive had my volvo an thought the users deserved their own advert insead of lazy link to ebay. However it think it will be best to bid for it on ebay as it has had aot of interst already. Thanks Jim

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1988-VOLVO-240...item2c52699d58

Last edited by James Hepburn; Dec 29th, 2009 at 08:24. Reason: more info
Old Dec 29th, 2009, 16:30   #4
torsten

That's a great looking car! Good luck with the sale!
torsten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29th, 2009, 18:27   #5
jimbo1593
Master Member

thx for the post James. I am looking for a 240 and would always look here first. The fact you have bothered to register and post on a volvo specific site suggests to me you are more than just an eBay hack trying to just maximise coverage...nice motor.
jimbo1593 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2nd, 2010, 15:26   #6
Ben '71 1200

I can only echo the above posts. Since I already own an LPGd 240 saloon, it's not for me, but the condition of it does make me a bit jealous! Good luck with the sale
Ben '71 1200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3rd, 2010, 18:29   #7
James Hepburn
240 GLT for sale

A local chap came around to have a look atthe car, he was a very perticular as he was a private volvo dealer. He picked me up on a few things one of them i feel i need to mention. I hadn't done this previously because it was like that when a bought it and ive never really worried about it.

Between the bumper and the head light there is a small piece of body work about 6 inches long and 2 icnches deep which has a crease in it. The head lamp is aslo chipped. (not a MOT failure) So i went to a good local body shop and had a chat about the rear arch and pannel, the crease in the front a couple of other dings and scratches. He gave me a price of between £250 and £300 to make the body work perfect. However, this work is not vital unless you want an A1 GLT that everybody will be jelous off. Thanks Jim.
Old Jan 3rd, 2010, 21:42   #8
Steve and his 244
VOC Member

Hi, i would possibly have been interested in this, but not just now as ive got quite a few bills and expenses to cover over the next few months - if it doesnt get sold though and you still have it in a while, let me know...

Im looking for a cheap runaround and an already LPGd 240 crossed my mind, especially a nice graphite grey GLT saloon!

Steve
2003 titanium grey V70R auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by john h
That Steve is a very bad influence.
Steve and his 244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4th, 2010, 17:52   #9
James Hepburn
240 GLT for sale

Steve, your top of the reserve list. I would really like it to go to somebody who loves it as much me but you cant be sentimental when your selling stuff. If i could afford it i wouold be mothballing it for a few years and then getting it to look as tidy as yours! Cheers Jim
Old Jan 7th, 2010, 13:55   #10
James Hepburn
240 GLT for sale

Bidding ends tonight! Ive had lots of questions off three types of pepole, lovers of the 240, lovers of LPG and pains in the ass! I really want this car to go to a 240 fan who will love and look after it as i have, not somebody who wants a cheep LPG hack. Bid now,cheers Jim.