Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Drive the deal discounts

Views : 3688

Replies : 42

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 2nd, 2014, 10:10   #21
tickedon
Master Member

Whenever I place a deposit on a 'nearly new' car, it's because I want to buy it and have already negotiated my deal. But it's also subject to viewing. So if I get there and decide not for me, I can get the deposit back.

The dealers may have their terms. You can equally specify your own. And 'subject to viewing', if you've only seen it online / in print and dealt with them on the phone etc. is pretty normal.

Clearly, this also depends on you being happy with the price as well and not deciding later it was too much etc.!
Old Jul 2nd, 2014, 10:16   #22
swishtony
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickedon View Post
Whenever I place a deposit on a 'nearly new' car, it's because I want to buy it and have already negotiated my deal. But it's also subject to viewing. So if I get there and decide not for me, I can get the deposit back.

The dealers may have their terms. You can equally specify your own. And 'subject to viewing', if you've only seen it online / in print and dealt with them on the phone etc. is pretty normal.

Clearly, this also depends on you being happy with the price as well and not deciding later it was too much etc.!
I have actually pointed that out to the dealer as it was definitely subject to viewing. I made the point that I could quite easily have got him to deliver the car to me, a 100 mile drive for him, then tell him I'm not happy with the car and have my deposit fully returned. I'm waiting to hear back from him.
Old Jul 2nd, 2014, 11:00   #23
Crockers
Premier Member

My local dealer gave me within £500 of the DTD price then increased my p/x by £500 I know I got a good p/x because he eventually sold it for what he paid me.
Old Jul 2nd, 2014, 13:04   #24
bobarctor

Local dealer v.helpful but initial quote miles off DTD. Went back with DTD price and he instantly offered DTD + 3% which was good enough for me.
Old Jul 2nd, 2014, 15:57   #25
swishtony
Master Member

To be honest I'd rather use my local dealer to keep a good relationship with them, if they can get that close I will probably use them, anything over a grand more and I won't.
Old Jul 2nd, 2014, 16:22   #26
volvorocks
Rodney

Quote:
Originally Posted by swishtony View Post
I have actually pointed that out to the dealer as it was definitely subject to viewing. I made the point that I could quite easily have got him to deliver the car to me, a 100 mile drive for him, then tell him I'm not happy with the car and have my deposit fully returned. I'm waiting to hear back from him.
The regs were ammended in 2012, thus providing buyers with more rights. Also if you are not told of your rights to cancel, or instances where you cannot cancel, then you end up actually having those rights to cancel by default!! Another avenue to follow is time limits in so far as if no time limit was advised it is taken that the limit is 30 days from agreeing to buy to taking delivery.

How much deposit did you pay?

Regards
volvorocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2014, 18:10   #27
bobarctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by swishtony View Post
To be honest I'd rather use my local dealer to keep a good relationship with them, if they can get that close I will probably use them, anything over a grand more and I won't.
My thought process exactly. To the pound! Fortunately the difference was less than a grand.....
Old Jul 2nd, 2014, 19:15   #28
andymcp
Premier Member

My approach was to phone on the last day of the quarter (so you probably just missed it), saying I was buying a car today, at a price I already knew. If they wanted my business all they had to do was match it. Ten minutes later they called back and said the deal was on. Throughout my numerous spec changes before the order closed, they automatically price-checked DTD without me having to ask again. Brilliant service and they've continued to go above and beyond ever since.

Mine: 2014 V60 D4 SE Lux Nav Geartronic
Mrs McP: 2013 V40 D2 R-Design Lux Nav
andymcp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to andymcp For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 2nd, 2014, 19:30   #29
swishtony
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvorocks View Post
The regs were ammended in 2012, thus providing buyers with more rights. Also if you are not told of your rights to cancel, or instances where you cannot cancel, then you end up actually having those rights to cancel by default!! Another avenue to follow is time limits in so far as if no time limit was advised it is taken that the limit is 30 days from agreeing to buy to taking delivery.

How much deposit did you pay?

Regards
Deposit returned today. Turns out, from doing some research online, that similar to what you say, unless they specified 7 days or more to cancel then any agreement is void and the cancellation period goes to 30 days. They gave me 4 days cancellation period which goes against the distance selling Act. Once I quoted that they returned the deposit without delay :-)
Old Jul 2nd, 2014, 19:37   #30
Flux
Premier Member

Nice one.

Beers all round then (on you of course)!

Last edited by Flux; Jul 2nd, 2014 at 19:44.
Flux is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Flux For This Useful Post: