Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 400 Series General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

400 Series General Forum for the Volvo 440, 460 and 480 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

440 1.8si won't start

Views : 2338

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 15th, 2012, 14:34   #1
Superchris

Thumbs down 440 1.8si won't start

I have a 1.8si single point injection and it kept cutting out whilst driving but would start back up got in it the other day an it won't start it turns over but won't fire

I've checked spark plugs and leads all fine

However I'm not getting fuel into the intake I've got fuel up to injector but not coming out the injector is there a injector relay or something I've missed before I go down route of buying a new injector and single pint injector housing ????
Superchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16th, 2012, 17:27   #2
VOLVO GHILLIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superchris View Post
I have a 1.8si single point injection and it kept cutting out whilst driving but would start back up got in it the other day an it won't start it turns over but won't fire

I've checked spark plugs and leads all fine

However I'm not getting fuel into the intake I've got fuel up to injector but not coming out the injector is there a injector relay or something I've missed before I go down route of buying a new injector and single pint injector housing ????
I had vrtually the same problem on 240se recently. It turned out in the end to be an intermittent fault on the fuel pump relay. On the 240 the relay is located behind the passenger glove box. I'm assuming the same apples to your Volvo unless you have a Haynes manual that says otherwise. Hope this helps!
VOLVO GHILLIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17th, 2012, 21:21   #3
Superchris

I've spent the last 4 days Working on it I just changed the fuel pump relay and starts like a goodun thanks for your help mate
Superchris is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Superchris For This Useful Post:
Old May 14th, 2013, 14:50   #4
Mat Collier

I think this may be the problem I have with my 440. I have narrowed it down to a fuel problem and the pump is not operating. I am hopeful it is the relay. Can anyone tell me where the fuel pump relay is on my M Plate volvo 440 1.8? I have looked behind the glove box and the fuse box but can't see any relays behind there? Also where can I get a relay from, ebay don't seem to list them for 440s?
Mat Collier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2013, 13:39   #5
Anadinolin
VOC Member

hiya,

look here, about third diagram down in the first post

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=23874

I have a volvo part number of 3474765 but i may be wong!!

go to your local motor factors, they should be able to help you out with a replacement to try
Old May 16th, 2013, 21:41   #6
Mat Collier

Thanks. But it doesnt seem to be there! There are no relays in that area that I can see. I have had the centre console out, the glove box off and all the fuse box trim. I have a friend looking on auto data for me tomorrow and a haynes manual arriving on friday. Thank goodness for amazon!
Mat Collier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2013, 14:25   #7
eye of ra

Looking at VADIS its not exactly clear but looks like it could be one of two.

3485210 will be behind glove box.
3474765 will be near heater controls, what exactly near means I don't know.

EoR
eye of ra is offline   Reply With Quote