Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Noise and pulsing

Views : 1195

Replies : 23

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 16th, 2019, 17:20   #21
Dippydog
Premier Member

Well the ABS light stubbornly refuses to go out so obviously there is a problem[couldn't hear any signs of a self test,but I don't think I ever have!] so I've now ordered a new ABS sensor to go with the rings.Hopefully they'll not be delayed by Xmas postal rush and they'll be here this week so I can get on with the job over Xmas when I'm not likely to be in demand as "granddads taxi" with the 960-grandkids prefer that to the V70.
Dippydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17th, 2019, 17:05   #22
V70Zig
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSarre View Post
Hi all,

I think the self test only runs if all wheels are rotating at the same speed.
Maybe if a wheel sensor is at fault, the system will not self test.

Steve
The self test runs every time, and if the fault is fixed it will put the warning light out........if it detects that the fault is still there. then the light stays on.

Dippy....have a look here...........https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=300855

Could be a dry joint ?

Getting some diagnostics on it (Vida Dice) would at least point you to which corner is playing silly buggers.

Helped you with a code read/reset many moons ago.......Good luck and hopefully a very Merry Christmas to you and all on here

Passed away - 1999 V70 2.5tdi Auto 340632 miles, RIP.
V70Zig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17th, 2019, 17:35   #23
Dippydog
Premier Member

Thanks for the link above V70Zig you did indeed help me out [got to be some 3 yrs ago now I think] everything is working-apart from the light not going out and more than likely the ABS won't function as intended-the speedo still works etc.The noise and the pulsing has disappeared and when I looked at the ABS ring on Saturday[the n/s front]where I suspected the fault was some of the teeth were definitely a different[i.e. lighter colour as though something had rubbed those few teeth]colour to the rest of them where the o/s ring was a uniform colour all the way round.Will have to see if I can find someone locally who has the necessary code reading equipment.
Old Dec 30th, 2019, 17:24   #24
Dippydog
Premier Member

Found out a mate has some kind of code reader[not Vida/Dice]that could pull the ABS codes-to save me changing parts ad hoc-and it came up with front right side wheel sensor signal faulty,so changed the sensor itself before diving in to change the ring[which looked ok to my untrained eye]and took it for a brief test run and hey presto no more ABS light! So that seems to be one job ticked off the list.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dippydog For This Useful Post: