Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Events and Meetings

Notices

Events and Meetings Car events and meetings for Volvo cars can be listed and discussed here.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

VOC National BKV

Views : 6900

Replies : 10

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 22nd, 2019, 23:29   #1
JamesV70R
Forum Support Team

Default VOC National BKV

Details as per calendar:

The 2019 Volvo Owners Club National Rally and BKV will be held at Thorseby Hall Thoresby Park, Ollerton, Nottinghamshire NG22 9WH.
The event was last held here in 2016

The main event will be on Sunday June 30th. As usual the club will be paying for caravan and camping facilities from Wednesday 26th until Monday 1st July 2019.

David and Jan Ovenden have once again, kindly agreed to act as marshals for caravans and tents, so please report to them on arrival.

There are number of water taps on the site.

Dogs on leads are welcome, please clear up your dogs mess, bring your own water bowl. There are water taps on site

Raised BBQ’ are permitted.

We will have the usual toilet facilities and a Skip for your rubbish etc.
Paul & Alison will put on another excellent quiz night for us.

Saturday nights entertainment will be provided by part of the D-Day Darlings group, who appeared in the finals of BGT on ITV in 2018. All are welcome to come along.

The meal will be a a mixed carvery provided by Two Counties who have served us very well in recent years. It will again be at the subsidised cost of £10 pp
The menu -:
Mixed carvery
hot potatoes
coleslaw, mixed salads,
chutney, mustard, sauces
Cheesecakes, brownies, fruit, cream

Please order your Saturday Night meal through Dave and Jan Ovenden by Thursday 20th June in order that we can confirm numbers with the caterers.

Daren Solly as usual will be providing mobile catering for your refreshments on Sunday.

You are welcome to bring auto jumble to the event. There is no charge.
JamesV70R is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JamesV70R For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 23rd, 2019, 17:37   #2
WUMPSTER

Well caravan clean ready to tow over from sunny Cheshire on Thursday
Old Jun 23rd, 2019, 19:49   #3
Dippydog
Premier Member

Saw this mentioned on one of the other sections of the forum a couple of weeks ago.Having mentioned this to my step daughter she has agreed to bring my V70[which for some reason she's nicknamed Christine]along while I bring my 960 saloon,this of course depends on the weather playing ball for the Sunday.
Dippydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2019, 13:07   #4
pacman67
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippydog View Post
Saw this mentioned on one of the other sections of the forum a couple of weeks ago.Having mentioned this to my step daughter she has agreed to bring my V70[which for some reason she's nicknamed Christine]along while I bring my 960 saloon,this of course depends on the weather playing ball for the Sunday.
There's only one Christine 😉
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0015.jpg (346.5 KB, 13 views)
currently held: V70 P3 D5 SE LUX, XC90 MK2 Inscription Pro.
pacman67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2019, 08:46   #5
pacman67
VOC Member

What are arrival times today?
currently held: V70 P3 D5 SE LUX, XC90 MK2 Inscription Pro.
pacman67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1st, 2019, 10:27   #6
john.wigley
VOC Member since 1986

Default Thanks

Anyone who has ever been involved in running any kind of event will appreciate that such things do not just 'happen'; they require a great deal of work by a dedicated team of people!

On behalf of all those attending, I would like to propose a vote of thanks to 'JamesV70R' and his team for their planning, organisation and execution of this year's 'National'.

The 'National' is for me the high spot of the Volvo year. Thoresby is an idyllic setting and the weather yesterday was a bonus, just about perfect after the heat of Saturday. The fact that it is free is also appreciated. Not all clubs are, and in this way the VOC gives something back to its members.

There seemed to me to be a good cross section of models represented, from PVs to the most recent, with the possible exception of 4-series cars. Perhaps fewer of these have survived than earlier or later cars.

The overall facilities were excellent and I was particularly impressed by the palatial toilets; without doubt the most luxurious temporary loos that I have ever used!

Well done all concerned, and thank you!

Regards, John.
Old Jul 1st, 2019, 19:11   #7
JamesV70R
Forum Support Team

I can't claim any credit unfortunately, that has to go to the Board of Directors, among others!

James

Last edited by JamesV70R; Jul 1st, 2019 at 21:37.
JamesV70R is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JamesV70R For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 1st, 2019, 20:02   #8
Chris Wickers
Director

Default Volvo Club

The Club is run by a team - and James you are part of that team as is everyone else who makes things happen!

Chris

PS there are too many people to thank individually for the National - so a big thanks to everyone involved.
Chris Wickers is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chris Wickers For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 1st, 2019, 21:29   #9
ITSv40
VOC Member

I just want to echo John's comments above. Events do not just happen, although a good event appears to have done so to all the folks attending.

Thank-you and well done everyone.
ITSv40 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ITSv40 For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 2nd, 2019, 08:30   #10
Dippydog
Premier Member

Just like to add my thanks to the event team.A very enjoyable day out.The chap I parked the 960 next to-sorry sir I don't know your name[your car has curtains for the rear door windows]-gave me some hints and tips on things to look out for on these models and also looked up the official name for the colour of my car plus some contact details for people who may have spare parts for sale for them.Step daughter took my V70[shed of the show from what I saw of the other cars there] both great granddaughters won[thankfully as it saves arguments!]a raffle prize.Roll on next years gathering.
Dippydog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dippydog For This Useful Post: