Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 - 1st Service (of 3+)

Views : 1790

Replies : 31

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 22nd, 2019, 23:22   #21
tem
Premier Member

Having a 5 year service plan for £500, would I have to pay anything extra for the 90k service?

tem.
Old Aug 23rd, 2019, 06:19   #22
marsdalebear
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tem View Post
Having a 5 year service plan for £500, would I have to pay anything extra for the 90k service?

tem.
I have had a quote for a 4 year plan from another dealer for £790. I asked them the same question and had this reply:

Thank you for your reply, Items in the service are Engine oil and filter change and engine air filter change, On any
extra items as part of the service plan you would get 10% discount on labour and parts this would also apply to
any non service repairs brake pads etc, Also included would be half price MOT when required, Software upgrade,
Full health check and 12 months roadside assistance, With the 10% discount and the service plan price it would
mean the services would be cheaper than the Volvo menu price

marsdalebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2019, 07:02   #23
Philip Fisher
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsdalebear View Post
Year 5 or 90k is cambelt and auxiliary belt replace and costs £760
https://www.volvocars.com/uk/own/mai...price-and-book

Scroll down to see what is included.

Mixed messages from Volvo dealers!
That is the link I used. I just checked again for my car. It still says cam belt at 8yrs (as you say I scrolled down for the detail). I also checked for a MY19 and got the same result.

Maybe this is a petrol diesel thing? Mine is a T8 petrol....
Previously:-
1997 V70 T5 exPolice; 2005 V50 2.0D; 2013 XC70 D5
Philip Fisher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2019, 07:05   #24
Philip Fisher
Premier Member

Quote:

tem.
I guess if Volvo have changed the service spec after you have paid the 500 quid then it will be on them. Your 500 quid is for the first 5 services to Volvo spec. They have changed the spec....
Old Aug 23rd, 2019, 07:41   #25
marsdalebear
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip Fisher View Post
That is the link I used. I just checked again for my car. It still says cam belt at 8yrs (as you say I scrolled down for the detail). I also checked for a MY19 and got the same result.

Maybe this is a petrol diesel thing? Mine is a T8 petrol....
Mine is a diseasel so you are probably correct.
marsdalebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2019, 07:45   #26
SuffolkBoy
VOC Member

Quote:
Yes, excellent value.
Not sure that this is available for lease cars?

tem.
You are correct, tem - that service package deal is not available on PCH vehicles.
Old Aug 23rd, 2019, 09:31   #27
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip Fisher View Post
Really? For all SPA cars?

Mine has just had a 90k service and the dealer was very specific that this was an interim service at 290 quid. I have same quote from 2 other dealer chains, and neither included a cam belt.

8 year or 144k is cambelt change (and £1080 quid to boot) was what I got from both the dealer and the Volvo website.....
Yes all the new VEA diesel engines , since may .. best get them to read their bulletins ! If i was running the place i would hold a brief meeting to inform all the staff , it is in their own interests as them make a little more money ! Not sure if it includes the petrol , but i would think so as it is all the same mechanism , but then a petrol is easier on it's cambelt ... Best to get it clarified by your dealer .. Often with the high turnover rate of "Service Advisors" they may be out of the loop , always best to ask a technician directly ..

Last edited by Clan; Aug 23rd, 2019 at 09:34.
Clan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2019, 13:27   #28
Ando 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuffolkBoy View Post
You are correct, tem - that service package deal is not available on PCH vehicles.
I was told this by my dealer, Ray Chapman in York, when taking out a PCH on my XC90 in September last year. However a quick call to Volvo customer service and a complaint raised at how unfair it was that I was being penalized because of the type of finance i had taken out, after all had I PCP'd the vehicle a service pack is available.

They got back to me within 48 hours to say I could now purchase the service plan, which I duly did. So a precedent has been set, if you PCH a vehicle with Volvo you can have the service plan. I do.
Ando 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ando 0 For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 23rd, 2019, 14:02   #29
Philip Fisher
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
Yes all the new VEA diesel engines , since may .. best get them to read their bulletins ! If i was running the place i would hold a brief meeting to inform all the staff , it is in their own interests as them make a little more money ! Not sure if it includes the petrol , but i would think so as it is all the same mechanism , but then a petrol is easier on it's cambelt ... Best to get it clarified by your dealer .. Often with the high turnover rate of "Service Advisors" they may be out of the loop , always best to ask a technician directly ..
I am now almost certain that what you describe Clan is only for diesel. Everything I can find, dealer advice, Volvo official service website etc.. shows cambelt at 8 years or 144k miles for my T8. Mine is petrol so doing a small service on mine at 90k miles by my dealer was absolutely the correct thing.
Old Aug 29th, 2019, 17:02   #30
encroute

So 1st (small) service was £295, and in discussion with the dealer, the cost of the 2nd & 3rd services are the same as if it was today - just spread out monthly.

Of course any increased (annual) labour costs are covered, and any standard included parts cost increases (Filters, Spark plugs etc) are covered too.

As most of these come parts from Sweden, if Brexit No deal happens, expect an increase in parts costs. The Service plan protects you from that.
Of course anything extra will be charged at the rate in force at that time.

As I have to use a Volvo dealer as part of the Nationwide lease conditions, this seemed like a sensible deal.
encroute is offline   Reply With Quote