Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Dice and Vida 2014d For Sale

Views : 417919

Replies : 1084

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 19th, 2016, 22:40   #51
Alex C

Just a quick post to say thanks to Simon, not only for fast posting of the DICE and Vida software but also in helping troubleshoot my installation issues, including sending a second DVD and making another YouTube vid to verify my install procedure.

As It turns out, although my laptop was suitable in terms of hardware, I think the SQL software was not up to date causing a "VIDA NOT OK" the first 6 attempts!

I also followed the clean-up procedure on sweedspeed which may have helped remove old install attempt traces.

Plugged into my car for the first time on Saturday, did a quick read and found a couple of minor issues on crank time and a/c but think they may have been old codes so will learn the Vida usage as I go.
Alex C is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Alex C For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 30th, 2016, 14:40   #52
Hix

Default Thumbs up from me

Happily recommend CheshireD5
Bought a unit from him and it works perfectly on Mac using a vm with Win7Pro
Just completed a forced dpf regeneration after a while of normal regen failing. Now I can send the dpf I bought back to ECP.
I can also no drill down through the niggle faults in my Euro4 D5 without paying an untrusted spanner-monkey.
It's well worth the layout, despite it seeming quite steep initially. It'll pay for itself in no time, if you have some car knowledge and a toolkit.
Hix is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hix For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 14th, 2016, 04:10   #53
ozfiddler

Do you still have units? And can you post to Australia?

Please send me a PM as I've just joined up and can't contact you via the forum yet.
ozfiddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14th, 2016, 12:07   #54
Tommy22

great guy to deal with. brought a dice unit off simon this week, turn up all working as it should. cars now fixed .

Only reason why i brought off Simon is because of the great reviews and videos on his youtube channel. i rather pay a bit more then buying off ebay and not sure if the unit works or not and wasting time.

Also great customer service too! all question answered. feel free to give him a message if your not sure what to do.
Tommy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tommy22 For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 14th, 2016, 16:36   #55
raypro

Default Vida and dice units, advice please

Hello - long time Volvo owner/user, all estates from various 7 to 9 to 850 to v70 and last 4 xc70, currently 2005 XC70D5 for four years with excellent history and 159,000 miles.
Have BSR diagnostic unit but not sufficiently up to later models configurations. Current problem is n/s heating playing up; have replaced indicated faulty damper motors with checked used units but now need to apparently recalliberate system. Can this be done with this equipment?
Other problems include nsf heated seat (thanks for the video, excellent); 'phone unit not connecting; alloy wheels leaking (now, I hope, fixed!). Many others previously solved.
Have two Sony laptops, one with windows XP, and now one with windows 10 (originally 7, then upgraded to 8 and 10 free issue). Have done all my servicing work and repairs for many years but still need help/advice on how to best tackle this. Fully intend to buy units from yourself to do so. Any advice gratefully received.
Based in south bucks but occasionally in manchester.
Regards,
raypro
raypro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14th, 2016, 16:56   #56
cheshired5
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raypro View Post
Hello - long time Volvo owner/user, all estates from various 7 to 9 to 850 to v70 and last 4 xc70, currently 2005 XC70D5 for four years with excellent history and 159,000 miles.
Have BSR diagnostic unit but not sufficiently up to later models configurations. Current problem is n/s heating playing up; have replaced indicated faulty damper motors with checked used units but now need to apparently recalliberate system. Can this be done with this equipment?
Other problems include nsf heated seat (thanks for the video, excellent); 'phone unit not connecting; alloy wheels leaking (now, I hope, fixed!). Many others previously solved.
Have two Sony laptops, one with windows XP, and now one with windows 10 (originally 7, then upgraded to 8 and 10 free issue). Have done all my servicing work and repairs for many years but still need help/advice on how to best tackle this. Fully intend to buy units from yourself to do so. Any advice gratefully received.
Based in south bucks but occasionally in manchester.
Regards,
raypro
Hi,
First job is to check the laptop minimum spec.
3gb ram
30gb free HDD

Then it must also be running Windows 7 Professional (less than £20)

Without the above, the Vida version I supply won't work.

You can run older Vida versions on XP but you're then getting into the realms of Dice firmware compatibility which quite frankly, I haven't got time for. Life's too short.

The Dice I sell and the Vida version it comes with are basically made for each other and install easily if you follow the instructions.
2014d is also the last offline Vida version so is also the best way of future proofing yourself should you want a newer Volvo up to 2014 in the future.

On your heating issue, CCM calibration can be done with this so if that is the problem, Vida is the solution.
One of my buyers fixed his just yesterday...... Must be the season. http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=257652
Old Oct 14th, 2016, 18:13   #57
cheshired5
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheshired5 View Post
Windows 7 Professional (less than £20)
Currently £12 from here if you type SILLY20 in the coupon box at checkout.
https://softwaregeeks.co.uk/product/...key-label-coa/
The Following User Says Thank You to cheshired5 For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 18th, 2016, 01:31   #58
JonesyGT

Hi Simon

Cheers for the PM, but I cant reply until i'm over 30 posts.

I'm thinking about buying a dice and installing to my own laptop, if I set a partition on my laptop and install win 7 pro, does vida need to use C: to work?

Thanks

Iain
JonesyGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18th, 2016, 08:59   #59
cheshired5
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonesyGT View Post
if I set a partition on my laptop and install win 7 pro, does vida need to use C: to work?
I've never needed to install it this way so to be honest, I don't know.
Old Nov 2nd, 2016, 22:02   #60
ozfiddler

I'm another very satisfied customer - just received my unit and now have it working (finally!)

The great thing about buying from cheshired5 is that he not only supplies tested units but he is on hand (via email) to help you sort out any problems. In my case there were some computer issues but we sorted them out eventually. I'm sure if I'd got it via ebay I would have just assumed it was a faulty unit.

I've offered to buy cheshired5 a beer... the only catch is he has to come to Australia to get it.