Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Looking for a XC60 D5 Auto - any thoughts on these.

Views : 1838

Replies : 20

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 14th, 2018, 18:13   #11
Keith A

Doesn't seem to be any towbars in stock that fit the R-Design at present. Had 3 orders now cancelled on me for inability to supply.
Keith A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th, 2018, 22:13   #12
eddyp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith A View Post
Doesn't seem to be any towbars in stock that fit the R-Design at present. Had 3 orders now cancelled on me for inability to supply.
That's worrying Keith.

I'm looking at buying an XC60 R design soon and will probably need to fit a bar as not many have them.
Where've you been trying to buy from? PF Jones is usually quite good.
eddyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th, 2018, 23:50   #13
Keith A

PF Jones and Tow Bar & Trailer Centre.

There are some available (blink) for non R Design models, but the there are none of any variety of Witter (fixed swan neck, detachable swan, detachable flange) for the next 2-3 weeks. There were also no tow-bar trust detachables either, might be some in 2 weeks.

Quite surprised. Not the end of the world, but had intended to use the new wagon to tow to the next race event. Going to borrow the works Ford Ranger instead now.
Old Aug 15th, 2018, 00:05   #14
The Ridge Rider
Ex Trog

Quote:
PF Jones and Tow Bar & Trailer Centre.

There are some available (blink) for non R Design models, but the there are none of any variety of Witter (fixed swan neck, detachable swan, detachable flange) for the next 2-3 weeks. There were also no tow-bar trust detachables either, might be some in 2 weeks.

Quite surprised. Not the end of the world, but had intended to use the new wagon to tow to the next race event. Going to borrow the works Ford Ranger instead now.
I have a MY13 XC60 R Design, only bought it about 8 weeks ago, removable TT tow bar fitted by Watton Towing from Thetford cost £400, all the electrics works, looks good as well, will put photos up later as i am at work.
The Ridge Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15th, 2018, 00:19   #15
XC90Mk1
Premier Member

Quote:
Went and viewed the 3rd one today and have put a deposit down on it and should pick it up Wed/Thu next week.

It is a 1 owner car from new and has always been serviced at Snows Volvo in Winchester, which is where the car is being sold from, but sold under their non-franchised used car company. I was able to see the full history of the car and they have confirmed that it has been very well maintained, but their inspection (they only got it yesterday) has highlighted a minor bits.

They're going to fit a new tyre (one is at 3mm vs 6mm for the others) and will keep it as a pirelli scorpion like the others. Other bits they're doing are a new battery, pads and discs all round and replacing the rear trailing arm bushes all of which will be done by the Volvo dealership, also had £500 off the list price. Didn't seem a bad deal at all.

The car drove very well indeed.

Only negatives are that there are a number of scratches that will need a detailer to remove (I can live with this for a little bit) one will probably need a touch up. It also doesn't have front parking sensors or electric seats.

Plus side is the history of the car, the interior is immaculate, well maintained, has DAB radio, power mirrors and power open/close boot.

Hope I have more success with this car than my last one.

Off to order a towbar now.
I bought a car from too good to auction part of snows last year and was very impressed.

I also bought my xc90 there a while ago. Had a fault a couple of months later and they phoned up, apologised and repaired it, I will probably buy my next car there as I have been very impressed with their no ninscence no quibble type attitude.
XC90Mk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15th, 2018, 11:34   #16
The Ridge Rider
Ex Trog

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ridge Rider View Post
I have a MY13 XC60 R Design, only bought it about 8 weeks ago, removable TT tow bar fitted by Watton Towing from Thetford cost £400, all the electrics works, looks good as well, will put photos up later as i am at work.
The kit

Before

After

Underneath

With Covers

Inside

No Spare wheel? and it fits.

Sorry for the size, mods can shrink it if they wish.
The Following User Says Thank You to The Ridge Rider For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 15th, 2018, 13:54   #17
Keith A

With the tow trust item do you know if the rear crash bar is refitted?
Old Aug 15th, 2018, 23:13   #18
The Ridge Rider
Ex Trog

Quote:
With the tow trust item do you know if the rear crash bar is refitted?
Have not got a clue, there was a large item wrapped up in black bin bags when i collected the vehicle from the car dealer. I better get it out a have a look at it, but i thought that the tow bar and fittings would have some strength and integrety, after all it is not made of Balsa wood, the tow bar fitters even fit them to new cars, has anyone heard of warrenty isses with the fitting?
Old Aug 16th, 2018, 16:53   #19
The Ridge Rider
Ex Trog

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ridge Rider View Post
Have not got a clue, there was a large item wrapped up in black bin bags when i collected the vehicle from the car dealer. I better get it out a have a look at it, but i thought that the tow bar and fittings would have some strength and integrety, after all it is not made of Balsa wood, the tow bar fitters even fit them to new cars, has anyone heard of warranty issues with the fitting?
I reckon you mean this piece which was left over, i'll get confirmation from the dealer next time it goes in, which should be soon, EGR valve, injector seals and a manifold gasket needs fitting, under warranty.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg XC60.jpg (185.8 KB, 15 views)
Old Aug 16th, 2018, 21:22   #20
The Ridge Rider
Ex Trog

Re sized photo's

Full kit

Before

After

Underneath hidden away

With covers on

Bit messy i know

It does not come with a spare, Gunge is junked as it is due to run out of date.

Last edited by The Ridge Rider; Aug 16th, 2018 at 22:39.