Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General Forum for the Volvo PV, 120 and 1800 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

white amazon progress

Views : 12572

Replies : 108

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 14th, 2013, 22:43   #81
123GT-AMAZON
1800necwinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf ista View Post
Thats looking really good Robert. Class bit of work
thank you alf ista i just need to double check the plumbing on the dual circuit brakes as im not happy how its sitting and must be sure the direction is correct i copied the old pipe work but you know what its like i had taken it all off the car at begining of restro and was some months ago must remember to take the workshop manual with me so much work is involved in these type of brake setups , but shes defo coming together more money being spent tomorrow on internal door seals and bits en bobs.
last few bits was painted up like the prop and master cylinder including brackets with extension pole before i locked up the workshop tonight so they can all be fitted when i get there in the morning .

Regards
Robert
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 141020131937.jpg (156.1 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg 141020131938.jpg (147.7 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg 141020131939.jpg (185.2 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg 141020131940.jpg (178.6 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg 141020131941.jpg (166.4 KB, 28 views)

I grew up on classic volvos hence my passion for them born and breed into the lifestyle !
123GT-AMAZON is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 123GT-AMAZON For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 14th, 2013, 22:52   #82
Amma122s

great job..it's got me reaching for a tin of smoothrite
Amma122s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14th, 2013, 23:05   #83
Andy the Aussie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amma122s View Post
great job..it's got me reaching for a tin of smoothrite
Be careful there Hugh,
that stuff gives me terrible indigestion.....
Andy the Aussie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15th, 2013, 13:19   #84
Bladerider
Amazoniac

Blimey, never seen a dual circuit Ammo. Didnt realise so much plumbing was involved.

Is it standard that the lines run on the crossmember? or is that your mod?

Everything looking great. I like tarting every little thing up too. Like my old man used to say when doing any job "that'll do, is not good enough"
Old Oct 15th, 2013, 13:36   #85
Alf ista
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladerider View Post
Blimey, never seen a dual circuit Ammo. Didnt realise so much plumbing was involved.

Everything looking great. I like tarting every little thing up too. Like my old man used to say when doing any job "that'll do, is not good enough"
The last models were dual circuit and work well.
Old Oct 15th, 2013, 22:58   #86
123GT-AMAZON
1800necwinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladerider View Post

yeah its all standard for the later amazon dual circuit brakes , they all run on the crossmember and is fixed with brackets so the brake pipes dont get tangled up or caught on anything .

i checked my workshop manual and i had all the pipes correct and runing in right direction bar two pipes that do the rear balancers so i just switched them over and refixed them in placed reshaping the pipes so tidy a big relief .

just need to tweek the front calipers plumbing and all the brakes are done yippee

Robert

I grew up on classic volvos hence my passion for them born and breed into the lifestyle !
Old Oct 15th, 2013, 23:56   #87
123GT-AMAZON
1800necwinner

Default money pit lol

Well i dont know these cars get more expensive the more you replace thats for sure over the last few days i have bought some odds and ends to complete areas on the car like the door seals , window seals , window guides , new headlight bowls , indicator bases ,mud flaps and the list goes on with two buckets worth coming in at over £600 my wallet is getting lighter thats for sure as the car gets heavier doing these to a good standard dont come cheap .
brand new door panels ready to fit i had sourced from a fellow volvo nut

should have some good photos tomorrow evening and the wings & front panel to be bolted on after thursday .....

Regards

Robert
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 151020131943.jpg (165.3 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 151020131944.jpg (272.5 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 151020131945.jpg (143.8 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 151020131946.jpg (164.7 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 151020131947.jpg (130.6 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by 123GT-AMAZON; Oct 16th, 2013 at 00:03.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 123GT-AMAZON For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 16th, 2013, 07:53   #88
Burdekin
Chief Bodger

They certainly aren't cheap to do thoroughly. I haven't a clue what I've spent on my Amazon, it doesn't depress me when I don't know. Have you got any takers for the car?
Burdekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16th, 2013, 08:44   #89
123GT-AMAZON
1800necwinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khe Sanh View Post
They certainly aren't cheap to do thoroughly. I haven't a clue what I've spent on my Amazon, it doesn't depress me when I don't know. Have you got any takers for the car?
Hi Ya Mitch

i have a very nice forum member on here which i have been in contact over the last 3 - 4 months that was very keen on having the car i will let him post when he buys the car , i have modified it to a high spec for his needs but with all the work and spec this car`s future is very strong which was one of my main goals i intended to do

1 - save the car from being scrapped = tick
2 - find a very good new owner to look after it so they enjoy motoring = all being well tick
3 - secure its future for another 40 years with the amount of work i have done i think im not far off that = tick

over all im pleased with how its come together

Regards

Robert

ps - then it all starts again with a red Amazon same model type but i may pop an estate in for a change before that just to break it up and to help give other forum members a look into what happens when you take on a major Amazon Estate project

Old Oct 16th, 2013, 09:25   #90
Burdekin
Chief Bodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1800necwinner View Post
Hi Ya Mitch

i have a very nice forum member on here which i have been in contact over the last 3 - 4 months that was very keen on having the car i will let him post when he buys the car , i have modified it to a high spec for his needs but with all the work and spec this car`s future is very strong which was one of my main goals i intended to do

1 - save the car from being scrapped = tick
2 - find a very good new owner to look after it so they enjoy motoring = all being well tick
3 - secure its future for another 40 years with the amount of work i have done i think im not far off that = tick

over all im pleased with how its come together

Regards

Robert

ps - then it all starts again with a red Amazon same model type but i may pop an estate in for a change before that just to break it up and to help give other forum members a look into what happens when you take on a major Amazon Estate project
Good stuff Robert, especially if someone gets what they want.
Burdekin is offline   Reply With Quote