Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General > x40 S1 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

My T4 for sale highly modified

Views : 2474

Replies : 19

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 25th, 2012, 17:55   #1
mitchyboy01
Premier Member

Default My T4 for sale highly modified

My Highly modded T4 will be up for sale in around 2 weeks time. Pics to follow.

If anyone is interested let me know. It's in for head gasket nect week after the actuator line split doh. I've run out of cash and need a more frugal car so my labour of love has to go.

Its not perfect but all the expensive bits are sorted. Just needs a few bits to be an absolute monster. Here is the spec:

Fully forged engine bought from Al115,

Engine started life as a B4194T, the strong 1.9 T4 block.
ACL race bearings.
Forged EM28v H-beam conrods.
Venolia Drag-R pistons.
Full race cylinder head with 3-angled valve seats, enlargened squish chambers, cut-back valve guides, and optimised valve timing.
Rebuilt oil pump with uprated seal and pressure switch.
S60R water pump with deeper impeller.
Uprated head gasket.

- Tim Williams Custom ME7 exhaust manifold, 1 cylinder chopped and welded to fit the T4.

- Holset HE221W turbo. I Usde a T3/T25 flange adaptor. Hardly any info on this turbo and I've heard figures from 300bhp to 400bhp from guys in Finland. Here is a link:

http://www.taloyhtiot.org/turbohuset...100&Itemid=181

http://www.turbotec.com/henkiloautot...tot/bmwrox.php

- Garrett actuator from a 200SX with custom bracket. The holset actuator didn't start to open until 2 bar as they run 2bar from factory. I'm hoping to run 2 bar eventually after the inevitable teething problems.

- Inlet hosing to the turbo modded to fit the bigger compressor inlet, MAF pipework may still need modding yet.

- DMF to SMF conversion.

- New 850R clutch and pressure plate.

- VXR 470cc injectors

- Custom huge alloy intercooler which ran over 400bhp on Ashoks T4. Was a straight drop in so no mucking around with pipework. It looks almost double the thickness and 40% longer.

- Full 3'' JT tuning decat exhaust with 1 silencer, wideband boss, post cat lambda spacer and modded downpipe for the Holset flange.

- Adjustable FPR.

- innovate LC1 wideband lambda

- Return line added to the fuel system as T4's tend to lose pressure over 300BHP apparently. We have modded a T5 rail by chopping it and having a boss TIG welded to either end.

MOT til December and 3 months tax.

285bhp and 318lb/ft stock ECU VXR injectors at 1.35 bar. Would be a lot more when mapped. Turbo capable of 2 bar.

Looking for £2100

Mitch.

Last edited by mitchyboy01; Mar 25th, 2012 at 17:59.
mitchyboy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25th, 2012, 19:34   #2
Slevin
Master Member

Unhappy

Sounds bad...
Slevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25th, 2012, 19:37   #3
mitchyboy01
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slevin View Post
Sounds bad...
Car will be spot on someone will have a bargain. I've just lost enthusiasm for the volvos ATM now it's done.
Old Mar 26th, 2012, 11:49   #4
gmain1967
Premier Member

It's a shame Mitch, but I share your pain... I was close to chucking the towel in over last 3 months when car would not pass emissions.. But I've stuck with it and would urge you to do same if you can. Lot of work and money gone into it.
gmain1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2012, 13:28   #5
Haizum74
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmain1967 View Post
It's a shame Mitch, but I share your pain... I was close to chucking the towel in over last 3 months when car would not pass emissions.. But I've stuck with it and would urge you to do same if you can. Lot of work and money gone into it.
Got to agree here. I think you will really regret it mitch. Cant you stick with her and ride it out, so to speak? I have read many a post about folk wishing they hadnt sold. Just planting that little seed there ;-)
Haizum74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2012, 15:21   #6
mitchyboy01
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haizum74 View Post
Got to agree here. I think you will really regret it mitch. Cant you stick with her and ride it out, so to speak? I have read many a post about folk wishing they hadnt sold. Just planting that little seed there ;-)
Hi mate, I definitely understand where you're coming from. I love this car!!

I've sold cars before and then regretted it and I'm sure this would be the same. Thing is, I've spent thousands on it now. The head gasket change probably won't see any change from £400 (and that's cheap). Even though all the teething probs are now sorted, If something else goes wrong I simply won't have the funds to fix it again. I'm fed up with ploughing all my spare overtime money into a car (as much as I love it). The car is a daily driver so I need it on the road. It won't need much spending on it to make it to well over 300bhp. It is already awesomely fast at the 285bhp it has. 4th gear 60-100mph 6.3 secs! Me and the missus have gone without because of this car and it's not fair on her or my boy that I keep spending all our money on it. =(
Old Mar 26th, 2012, 17:24   #7
Haizum74
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchyboy01 View Post
Hi mate, I definitely understand where you're coming from. I love this car!!

I've sold cars before and then regretted it and I'm sure this would be the same. Thing is, I've spent thousands on it now. The head gasket change probably won't see any change from £400 (and that's cheap). Even though all the teething probs are now sorted, If something else goes wrong I simply won't have the funds to fix it again. I'm fed up with ploughing all my spare overtime money into a car (as much as I love it). The car is a daily driver so I need it on the road. It won't need much spending on it to make it to well over 300bhp. It is already awesomely fast at the 285bhp it has. 4th gear 60-100mph 6.3 secs! Me and the missus have gone without because of this car and it's not fair on her or my boy that I keep spending all our money on it. =(
Well you know what to do.....turn boost down lol. No, I get where youre coming from. A difficult decision though someone will get a stonkingly fast motor!
Haizum74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2012, 19:02   #8
tommy t4
Premier Member

Wot a shame mate sorry to hear, Wana swop for my t4 lol, Ill vouch for this car is quik and was there at rolling road ;-)
Seriously cheap car for the horses......
tommy t4 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tommy t4 For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 26th, 2012, 19:17   #9
mitchyboy01
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haizum74 View Post
Well you know what to do.....turn boost down lol. No, I get where youre coming from. A difficult decision though someone will get a stonkingly fast motor!
Turn the boost down? Have a word lol. Actually that may be a good idea!
The Following User Says Thank You to mitchyboy01 For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 27th, 2012, 11:49   #10
Volvoline
Master Member

Lol If you were here in Israel it would sell for over 10 thousand pounds And fast.

Let me know if you decide to break this and send parts abroad.
Volvoline is offline   Reply With Quote