Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

700/900 Series General Forum for the Volvo 740, 760, 780, 940, 960 & S/V90 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Danish embassy 940

Views : 23375

Replies : 247

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 18th, 2022, 13:32   #1
RollingThunder
Grumpy Old Git

Default Danish embassy 940

Did anyone on here buy the ex Danish embassy 940 saloon in Verdi gris?

I was watching it for a few days and when I decided to swoop it had sold 😱
RollingThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th, 2022, 16:04   #2
RollingThunder
Grumpy Old Git

Found the advert, and it was still available... ***was***

Yep, deposit paid, its mine!

ex Danish embassy car, with embassy docs, and that coveted Diplomatic Sales keyfob
2.3LPT auto
68k miles !

I'm delighted, but wifey isn't quite so happy ...
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to RollingThunder For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 18th, 2022, 16:26   #3
360beast
Go redblock or go home

Congratulations on the purchase, it looked incredibly tidy in the photos.

Any plans for it?
360beast is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 360beast For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 18th, 2022, 16:26   #4
Simmy
Premier Member

looks great. dont worry wife will just find you some house jobs to do as a pennance looking forward to seeing your new project
Simmy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Simmy For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 18th, 2022, 16:44   #5
RollingThunder
Grumpy Old Git

Thanks, yes its absolutely mint apart from that front bumper. Nothing to worry about in the MoT history either.

I've been quietly, (cough, cough ) been looking for a 960/S90 for a while to use as a daily, to keep the mileage down on the 850R, but when I saw this car - esp in that colour (my Dad had one in exactly that colour which pulled at the heartstrings), I knew I wanted it more than I should lol.

I don't really want the leather seats as they get so hot in the summer, and cold in winter, but the whole car is in almost showroom condition, so I'm 50/50 as to whether to swap them for mint Celebration half leather seats, but thats for the future.

Ironically, I was telling wifey about the 'near miss' this lunchtime, saying that the car had sold - and she didn't go ballistic at the thought of me getting another 940, so when I found the advert again I just called the guy up and paid the deposit lol. She's not too happy, but equally isn't furious, so thats fine.

Future plans? Its been regularly serviced, so I'll just give it a 'RollingThunder' going over and do the cambelt etc first. After that I'll keep it pretty standard and will try to get it to concours condition if possible - but it may gain some alternative wheels next year as I remember what a pain it was to keep those wheels clean! Polaris would look very nice on it... I might also put it on LPG as that would allow me to take it to work and get free parking in the city centre under the council 'green scheme' It def won't get a welded diff and go drifting

I've said many many times, on here and on facebook - I reckon the best looking car of the 90s is the 940 saloon. I keep going back to them, so this is it - I now have my final two cars, and what a pair!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RollingThunder For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 18th, 2022, 16:59   #6
Steve 940
Premier Member

Very nice buy, and I have those wheels too, shame not to keep it as from factory, but if needs must.....

I have just done a deep clean on mine, took wheels off, cleaned outside and the inner barrel, and used Autoglym SRP and Extra Gloss Protection in the hope that they will provide a bit of a barrier to the general brake dust and dirt sticking to them.

Time will tell, probably a mornings work wasted when I should have been doing something else more important😀

Good luck with it.

Cheers
Steve
Steve 940 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Steve 940 For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 18th, 2022, 17:15   #7
Simmy
Premier Member

final two cars? is that till something else pops up that you want . cars are a tough addiction to shake i have 3 volvos and still trawl through market place and ebay looking for some thing. not shure what but i look every day. ha. ha.
Simmy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Simmy For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 18th, 2022, 17:51   #8
Forrest
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingThunder View Post
I don't really want the leather seats as they get so hot in the summer, and cold in winter, but the whole car is in almost showroom condition, so I'm 50/50 as to whether to swap them for mint Celebration half leather seats, but thats for the future.
AFAIK Celebrations were all estates and I don’t think the rear seats are a straight swap for the saloon. It would be worth investigating this before deciding on a course of action. Everything in front of the B pillar should be interchangeable.
Forrest is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Forrest For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 18th, 2022, 17:59   #9
360beast
Go redblock or go home

They did do half leather saloon seats but finding them is a mission, I've only seen two sets and they've been in cars at shows not even for sale.
360beast is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 360beast For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 18th, 2022, 21:02   #10
volvo always
Premier Member

Cold seats in Winter. Thought all 940's come with heated front seats? Hot in Summer, then yes. I have them in my 940 and no working AC.

Looks a nice 940. Like the colour. Mine is Silver. With now full grey leather to replace the half leather. Had the leather seats around a few years.

James
volvo always is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to volvo always For This Useful Post: