Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Considering an XC60, but... choices choices...

Views : 5033

Replies : 53

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 23rd, 2021, 09:37   #51
Polestar Pete
Polestar

Ok, so a couple of years down the line and I'm back here again.

Last week, I ran the numbers on the finance for my Macan and it looks as though the trade-in value is pretty much exactly the same as the settlement fee for the PCP (with 4 months left to go), so it seemed sensible to call it quits there.

Last year, I took another visit to another Volvo dealership (a lot more friendlier than the other dealership I went to) and really enjoyed looking at the XC60 again. The XC90 was gorgeous but with a boot the size of Fingal's Cave, I can see myself crawling into it on hands and knees to coax the dog out of it every day.

The XC40 is really nice, but really dinky, but really nice - Volvo really do make the most out of the size.

Lease deals on I-Paces are currently affordable, but holds the hassle of being locked into that lease. The range anxiety isn't an issue because 95% of my journeys are less than 200miles. After much consideration, I'll wait a few more years for more affordable and more efficient EVs to come into the market.

What I've ended up doing is part-exing my Macan for an XC60 R Design Pro T8 which I pick up at the weekend. It's a low-mileage (35K) 67 plate, so hopefully won't be too shonky.

A few questions here:
  • Anything I should look out for on the initial inspection that I should be wary about? (I have the 14 days distance selling protection, but if there's anything I see straight off the bat, it would be easier)
  • It has the Polestar optimisation. Apart from changing the throttle response, what else does this do? Would an independent service screw up this mapping?
  • Am I right in reading that Volvo are able to retrofit Apple CarPlay (at cost)?

Thanks all. Looking forward to picking this up. I'll miss the Macan though, it's been a beautiful driver's car.

Last edited by Polestar Pete; Feb 23rd, 2021 at 10:58.
Polestar Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23rd, 2021, 11:13   #52
jonnyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur Morgan View Post
Hi guys,

I'm currently driving a 2014 Porsche Macan, which will be coming to the end of the PCP plan in a couple of years and I won't be paying the balloon payment.
So sorry that you were until today with a Macan but at least you are now comming to a true premium brand for a premium experience.
XC60 T6 Plugin hybrid is the right choice for you.
Old Feb 23rd, 2021, 15:17   #53
Polestar Pete
Polestar

Ok. I understand more about what the Polestar optimization does and happy to see that a dealer can install CarPlay.

Going to be fun trying to work out all of the tech parts of the Volvo - I took a look at the manual and it looks complex.

I just hope I'll be able to drive away from the dealer without looking like a complete knob.
Old Feb 27th, 2021, 17:09   #54
Polestar Pete
Polestar

Picked up my T8 R Design Pro this morning - looks absolutely stunning in Crystal White with a charcoal interior. It didn't come with a huge amount of options, but it has the ones that I wanted (air suspension and heated screen). I can add Apple CarPlay and rear camera at another point through a dealer visit.

It didn't take long before I really started enjoying the sublime hybrid drive (well, until there wasn't any battery left).

Voice recognition is completely baffling though.

XC60 T8 R Design Pro