Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

C30 t5r

Views : 1245

Replies : 19

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 25th, 2021, 15:27   #11
Markos01

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricp View Post
OP, I’ve just bought a T5 R design in (Polestar?) blue. Unmodified and one owner, which is going to replace my daily driver Alfa Romeo GT. I wanted something different, comfortable and quickish for my 30 mile A road commute.
The only thing it didn’t have was heated seats and I wonder if these are retro-fitable as I got a spare centre console with the heated seat switches and 2 heated seats thrown in as spares. However research suggests it is not that simple.
First impressions are a lovely colour, very comfortable (my days and nights shifts are 12 hours long), effortless to make progress and a decent stereo.
Things to do are replace the faded R design badge and I’d like a gentle lowering as it does sit a bit high. And possibly a Polestar upgrade but at £795 from my local Volvo garage, I’m not sure that it adds enough for the outlay. I know other cheaper maps are available but I’d like to keep it drivable rather than outright power.
Prices appear to be very varied but there aren’t that may around. For me colour outside, the light 2 tone interior, manual were the essentials so I paid what I was comfortable with, £8k, rather that hold out for the lowest price My first Volvo from a very varied car history but I’m becoming fond of it already.
Great colour! Where was this advertised, eBay? Didn't see it on Autotrader. Any nice spec with it? Being Polestar blue I'm guessing 2011 or 2012 model?
Old Feb 25th, 2021, 18:37   #12
Willber G
Upstanding Member

Quote:
daily driver Alfa Romeo GT.
Lovely car. Five years, five clear MOTs, no advisories. One replacement alternator (under warranty). The most reliable car I've owned, including Porsche 928, 2 Jaguars, Lexus and 2 Mercs (and a Hillman!).

(Not counting my 2 Volvos which have been trouble-free thus far.)

Sorry, off topic.
Old Feb 25th, 2021, 20:15   #13
ricp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willber G View Post
Lovely car. Five years, five clear MOTs, no advisories. One replacement alternator (under warranty). The most reliable car I've owned, including Porsche 928, 2 Jaguars, Lexus and 2 Mercs (and a Hillman!).

(Not counting my 2 Volvos which have been trouble-free thus far.)

Sorry, off topic.
Not that off topic. Run to 135k miles and no issues. Nothing required outside expected servicing items apart from one ABS sensor. Last MOT in Nov after 14 years also has nil advisories!

If the T5 matches this record, I’d be very satisfied.
ricp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ricp For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 25th, 2021, 20:34   #14
ricp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markos01 View Post
Great colour! Where was this advertised, eBay? Didn't see it on Autotrader. Any nice spec with it? Being Polestar blue I'm guessing 2011 or 2012 model?
On review it is the Brilliant Blue Metallic of 2009, which seems to be a bit more electric blue than Polestar blue. The only thing missing is the heated seats winter pack. It was advertised on the ‘Bay. 1 owner and completely standard and unmod-ed.
It was a bit of an impulse purchase as seeing the car, the colour is fantastic. However not being wedded to any particular brand, it was the iconic T5 engine that needed ticking off the bucket list. I remember the TWR Volvo touring cars of early 90’s.
Old Feb 26th, 2021, 12:46   #15
Markos01

Quote:
On review it is the Brilliant Blue Metallic of 2009, which seems to be a bit more electric blue than Polestar blue. The only thing missing is the heated seats winter pack. It was advertised on the ‘Bay. 1 owner and completely standard and unmod-ed.
It was a bit of an impulse purchase as seeing the car, the colour is fantastic. However not being wedded to any particular brand, it was the iconic T5 engine that needed ticking off the bucket list. I remember the TWR Volvo touring cars of early 90’s.
Main reason I bought my C30 was the T5 engine too

As for Alfas, back in 2005 I bought a 1999 3.0 V6 GTV which I had for 5 and a half years and I loved it, 100% reliable too. With the Ragazzon rear section exhaust it sounded immense too
Old Feb 26th, 2021, 16:25   #16
ricp

A gratuitous phot as the sun is out!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (244.1 KB, 21 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ricp For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 27th, 2021, 07:11   #17
oilit
All the gear - no idea

nice colour - the T5 is the reason to buy them indeed.
oilit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27th, 2021, 10:05   #18
XC90Mk1
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilit View Post
Thanks - but no plans on modifications - want it factory standard !
I work with a lot of people who ‘chip’ and modify their cars. They have no end of problems and not a single one works properly after mods.

One had a 9k repair bill on a 2017 low milage model within 10 days of being chipped (2nd flash, 1st one bricked the car).

Keep it standard yes. Good idea.
XC90Mk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27th, 2021, 10:05   #19
XC90Mk1
Premier Member

Quote:
A gratuitous phot as the sun is out!
That looks amazing! Well done on keeping it so clean and fresh 👍
XC90Mk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27th, 2021, 12:07   #20
oilit
All the gear - no idea

and here is the one I just bought - prefer the blue if i'm honest !

Sorry I dont know how to make that smaller :-(

Last edited by oilit; Feb 27th, 2021 at 12:11.
oilit is offline   Reply With Quote