Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Advice please: Selling with 19inch or 21inch wheels

Views : 1510

Replies : 15

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 27th, 2021, 20:17   #11
swil00

Quote:
Originally Posted by desiebear View Post
Had an hour to spare so put the 21’s on, They do look good!

Before and after pic taken and attached (I hope)

Thanks for all the responses. Hard to know what’s best to do but I think I’ll sell with the 21’s as they were the original fitted wheels.

Looks great on either set. Personally I'd choose to sell it with the 19's if the trader is offering you the same regardless.

The 21's will fetch more money used, but as other have mentioned, the 19's may be an easier sell for use as a winter set etc.
swil00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27th, 2021, 20:27   #12
XC90Mk1
Premier Member

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. To me they look extremly daft.
XC90Mk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27th, 2021, 22:29   #13
Quacker
Premier Member

Usually with a PCP the finance company just takes it away to be auctioned so am I correct in assuming that you have bought the car off them to sell for yourself, hoping to make a margin over your purchase price and the broker's costs and commission?

If so, I would put the 21" wheels on it and get it professionally valeted, which is another cost to deduct from the margin, but essential to present it well and to sell for the best price.

Best of luck and be patient.
Old Feb 28th, 2021, 10:08   #14
desiebear

Thanks for the responses, there’s no profit in this for me unfortunately. I’ve put big mileage on the car and far exceeded the mileage allowance (40,000miles+) of the PCP. After looking at all the options including part ex for another new Volvo XC90 or used, the least financially painful is to sell via the brokerage. The brokerage is not charging me any fees and will clear the existing finance. There’s negative equity to sort as well. I did think about keeping it and buying it outright but decided to take advantage of the NHS discount and deals available - which are fantastic- and get a new car with a high mileage allowance and maintenance included.

The car is in great condition and has been well looked after with interim servicing done and regular 4 wheel alignment, etc

Comfort wise the 19’s with air suspension is excellent, the ride on the 21’s is different but the car does handle corners better with slightly less body roll. I’ll know tomorrow what the dealers want.

Thanks again
desiebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1st, 2021, 13:28   #15
isleaiw
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XC90Mk1 View Post
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. To me they look extremly daft.
good job we dont all have to have the same then as I think the 21s look loads better.

OP I'd sell on the 21s and offer up the 19s as winter tyres / options for those who prefer cheaper tyres.
isleaiw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5th, 2021, 00:30   #16
XAlp

19s - how much are you looking for, I might be interested.
XAlp is offline   Reply With Quote