Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Sunroof reset (calibration) that works.

Views : 40972

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 23rd, 2014, 19:38   #1
Lancee
Premier Member

Default Sunroof reset (calibration) that works.

06 MY V70 D5 SE.
Sunroof operated o.k. but would not close flush with the roof or operate in "comfort" or fully tilted correctly, basically out of synch'.

Tried;
Sunroof (UEM reset?)
1) Close all of the doors and bonnet.
2) Key in position II engine not running.
3) Hold both the driver window and passenger window switches in the
driver door panel in the closed or up position for 5 to 8 seconds after the
windows are closed.
4) Release buttons.
5) Remove the ignition key.
6) Operated the remote twice. Lock/unlock lock/unlock

(Taken from this forum) with no luck.

Searched this forum for other solutions; With no luck.

Came across the following;

1 Turn the ignition switch to position 1.
2 Operate the sunroof switch to position the sunroof in the tilt position, then release the switch.
3 Press the switch again for at least 5 seconds, so the sunroof closes. The calibration is complete. NOTE; if the sunroof hasn't moved to the correct position, press the switch and completely open the sunroof, then release the switch-press the switch again for at least 5 seconds and fully close the sunroof. the calibration should now be complete.

All I can say is it worked for me, sunroof is now working perfectly.
Might be worth a calibration before you start unscrewing adjustment screws etc, that's what I was starting to do!

Hope this helps someone, lets face it now's the time we need to be able to use our sunroofs, UK weather permitting!
Lancee is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lancee For This Useful Post:
Old May 24th, 2014, 09:37   #2
crowcrow

Nice one, added to the list of small jobs I'll be attempting thus long weekend. I'd noticed my sunroof wasn't totally flush but thought maybe that is easy way things are. Great to hear it may be a simple fix!
crowcrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2014, 13:10   #3
crowcrow

Maybe mine wasn't that far out but this didn't seem to make any difference, other than adjusting just how wide it opens. Seems to let me choose between two settings about a cm apart.
crowcrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2014, 14:50   #4
Lancee
Premier Member

crowcrow. Now that it's HOPEFULLY calibrated correctly, and that there is not a deeper underlying problem, there is information on the internet to make slight adjustments, basically you can access torx head bolts (after GENTLY unclipping the bellows covers) I only had to slightly loosen the two rear bolts (one each side) to adjust the trailing edge of the sunroof glass (up or down) to line up flush with the roof by using a straight edge laid on the roof. As I said, it has worked for me, no more wind noise!

Good luck!.
Lancee is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lancee For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 8th, 2022, 16:03   #5
PeteCoops

Smile Sunroof Calibration - Easy Fix

I tried all the methods found on this forum and around the web without success. I couldn't get the roof to line up with the control. stuck half open / closed or making an awful noise when trying to move it.

So I found my own method which worked first time, it's easier if you can get the 'key in position one, press hold buttons' options to work, but if you're struggling this is what I did.

(1) So (I've got a C30 so might be slightly different depending on model etc), remove the control panel with the internal lights and sunroof control. This just pulls away from the ceiling and clicks back into place.

(2) remove the sunroof motor, three screws hold it in place. Do not however unplug it from the electrics and leave it connected.

(3) hold the motor to one side and click the control panel back in so the motor is now hanging loose from the ceiling inside the cabin.

(4) Start the car and use the sunroof control. After a few minutes of playing with the control you'll see the motor spins back and forth within a set range, for example 5 seconds back to open and then stops, another 5 forward to close and a few more spins to tilt and close again.

(5) Align the motor sequence using the control so it matches where the sunroof actually is. I had my sunroof glassed fully closed at this point so I manipulated the control until the motor was in the closed position.

(6) remove the control panel and refit the motor. The motor is now aligned to where the sunroof physical is, and bingo!
PeteCoops is offline   Reply With Quote