Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General Forum for the Volvo PV, 120 and 1800 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Amazon Estate EBay

Views : 2871

Replies : 23

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 10th, 2022, 15:06   #11
Burdekin
Chief Bodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek UK View Post
J. Derek who on earth are Amazon Restorations Essex?
I'd say incorrectly named and could be Rob Whitton. Maybe he will comment?
Yes, sold for £5000 so the seller will make a loss. For the buyer, hopefully a good base for improvement. Maybe Rob bought it back!
It was his parents car I believe.
Old Apr 10th, 2022, 23:49   #12
Derek UK
VOC Member

Rob and Tony, his father, work together as Phoenix Classic Restorations. I think Rob does rather more of the heavy lifting now days. Again Rob might want to comment, I don't want to misrepresent the situation.
Derek UK is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Derek UK For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 11th, 2022, 09:41   #13
123GT-AMAZON
1800necwinner

Quote:
Rob and Tony, his father, work together as Phoenix Classic Restorations. I think Rob does rather more of the heavy lifting now days. Again Rob might want to comment, I don't want to misrepresent the situation.
Hi ya

That estate I haven’t had any dealings with it looks rough needs welding ( passengers floor pan and outrigger , door gaps sortin and panel work that’s just the outside I feel it’s not a bad price for the new owner to then get some jobs done or use as a rolling Resto 😎👍

I had a green one which shows in my profile I bought and then used as a daily for nearly two years which I then restored ( welding , full respray ,trim , bumpers ,engine change etc fresh mot ) then sold for £13k other than that ..

when I do a car I go through it so it’s all solid and working with mot sold at a fair price cheaper then if a customer had the work done on a hourly rate so my hospital jobs which are classic Volvos ie Amazons and p1800 saved make for good value all round plus I offer after sale care inc discount on parts afterwards if they want extra stuff done ✅

I have always traded under Phoenix classic restorations

Kind regards
Robert.w
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg D92134D9-21CE-40B6-AED2-14CC0198CC6C.jpeg (87.5 KB, 12 views)

I grew up on classic volvos hence my passion for them born and breed into the lifestyle !

Last edited by 123GT-AMAZON; Apr 11th, 2022 at 09:57.
123GT-AMAZON is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 123GT-AMAZON For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 11th, 2022, 10:11   #14
123GT-AMAZON
1800necwinner

I have seen the car in circles tho the number rings a bell I tend to remember the owners , car and Reg number and features like some do modifications etc so stands out as a rule my first thoughts

But I would think derek with your database and keeping a close eye you would be the go to guy naturally data protection rules applied but would know who and where the car went to …

But the main question is

Who is Essex amazon restorations ? On everyone’s mind
I have heard passing whispers but not really given it much thought

I know two well known folk have been having a quick few deals and the main guy had got annoyed he was doing all the work so went sideways , and also a forum member has been also doing private jobs for customers but will leave that to them to explain or advertise wouldn’t say they would fall under Essex tho

Kind regards
Robert.w

I grew up on classic volvos hence my passion for them born and breed into the lifestyle !
The Following User Says Thank You to 123GT-AMAZON For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 11th, 2022, 10:15   #15
123GT-AMAZON
1800necwinner

Ok I did some diggin

Here is info on attached image
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0F65C369-6B3A-4C10-B76A-3F07837F9E8C.jpg (48.9 KB, 37 views)

Old Apr 11th, 2022, 10:21   #16
123GT-AMAZON
1800necwinner

And a 2022 filed report attached
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5C5A1974-045D-462D-AAFF-99CDFE22B51E.jpg (51.2 KB, 25 views)

Old Apr 11th, 2022, 10:27   #17
123GT-AMAZON
1800necwinner

Directors list info
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0E6B223C-E90D-4EF0-8252-D4BB488B7F5A.jpg (60.2 KB, 32 views)

Old Apr 11th, 2022, 12:37   #18
Derek UK
VOC Member

I have heard of the name Peter Boekman. From the Volvo Enthusiasts site (Kevin's) "With the general increased interest in Classic Motorsport and the very successful use of Volvos in Classic Race and Rally events, both in the UK and abroad in recent years we, in 1994, appointed Peter Boekman as our Race/Rally Technical Co-ordinator. Peter had a vast knowledge of tuning Volvos and had prepared a large number of cars including a number used on the 1993 London to Sydney Rally."

Re my database: It was started as a listing of all the Estates I could find, dead or alive. I will add any more as they crop up. I don't go out of my way to dig out owners names but sometimes a name comes up when I am looking for details of the car. It might just be a forum name or a name from eBay. I only know of WSV240 from the recent auction and now eBay. WSV is from a big batch of Scottish numbers that were used to re register vehicles, including mopeds, in order to harvest numbers for personal plates. Not legal to do this now. Back then the donor vehicle didn't need an MOT etc. Ironically, WSV plates now go from about £750 to £1500!
Derek UK is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Derek UK For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 11th, 2022, 16:04   #19
Burdekin
Chief Bodger

Quote:
I have heard of the name Peter Boekman. From the Volvo Enthusiasts site (Kevin's) "With the general increased interest in Classic Motorsport and the very successful use of Volvos in Classic Race and Rally events, both in the UK and abroad in recent years we, in 1994, appointed Peter Boekman as our Race/Rally Technical Co-ordinator. Peter had a vast knowledge of tuning Volvos and had prepared a large number of cars including a number used on the 1993 London to Sydney Rally."

Re my database: It was started as a listing of all the Estates I could find, dead or alive. I will add any more as they crop up. I don't go out of my way to dig out owners names but sometimes a name comes up when I am looking for details of the car. It might just be a forum name or a name from eBay. I only know of WSV240 from the recent auction and now eBay. WSV is from a big batch of Scottish numbers that were used to re register vehicles, including mopeds, in order to harvest numbers for personal plates. Not legal to do this now. Back then the donor vehicle didn't need an MOT etc. Ironically, WSV plates now go from about £750 to £1500!
Isn't that the late 940_turbo?

Bit of research and I was wrong, his name was Peter Fluitman.

Last edited by Burdekin; Apr 11th, 2022 at 17:25.
Burdekin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Burdekin For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 17th, 2022, 17:58   #20
Vissup

Hi all. I'm the new owner of WSV240. I'm taking delivery of it on Tuesday from Ipswich. It'll be residing in Leeds for the foreseeable. I tried to buy the car when it was at the ACA auction but I was working in Dubai and couldn't get onto the auction. I couldn't believe my eyes when it popped up on ebay. I've spoken to the guy that sold it and I'm happy with the current condition and go into this in the knowledge that work will need to be done.

My ambition is to restomod the car but with sympathy to originality. I'll post some pictures when I've had a bit of time with the car. I'm sure i'll be asking for help over the next few months and years.

Regards

Chris
Vissup is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Vissup For This Useful Post: