Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

BMW Heated Seats for £15 p/m subscription

Views : 1865

Replies : 31

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 17th, 2022, 13:15   #21
100K+
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T5R92011 View Post
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-62142208

Why on earth would anyone subscribe to this?

..and there's me still hacked off at Volvo for wanting me to pay for them to "optimise" my engines, back to the original spec they should all have been made to in the first place....

Cheers
Bob
100K+ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 100K+ For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 21st, 2022, 13:17   #22
andrewpain

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnineT View Post
When you live with Diana the V lizard you'll understand why heated botty supports are a requirement, my S90 was the first car since 2005 that had them and I have to say I've missed them having had them in a Cavalier and two Omega's in the past, very good if you have posture back troubles as well, she was rocked up when I told her her carriage was coming with Assterburners.
"V". if I remember ITV were supposed to be showing the 84 Olympics, but their technicians went on strike. So they showed V, a mini-series about an alien invasion, instead. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Some really hammy acting and clunky dialogue, but it was fun. Like Doctor Who used to be... and Top Gear!
Discuss...
Old Jul 21st, 2022, 13:23   #23
SnineT
Extrahumanestrial

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewpain View Post
"V". if I remember ITV were supposed to be showing the 84 Olympics, but their technicians went on strike. So they showed V, a mini-series about an alien invasion, instead. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Some really hammy acting and clunky dialogue, but it was fun. Like Doctor Who used to be... and Top Gear!
Discuss...
In it's day it was as you say very good even if it was also very cheesy,

They did a re-boot about 10 years ago, Jane Badler was still in it but the rest of the cast new, it was quite good if it's your sort of thing,

I regularly re-watch UFO, can't splain why but there's just something about it (probably moonbase personal tbh)

Another great scfi is the film Enemy Mine with the rather fantastic Louis Gossett Jr.

Last edited by SnineT; Jul 21st, 2022 at 13:26.
SnineT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SnineT For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 21st, 2022, 15:40   #24
The Thong
VOC Member

Quote:
In it's day it was as you say very good even if it was also very cheesy,

They did a re-boot about 10 years ago, Jane Badler was still in it but the rest of the cast new, it was quite good if it's your sort of thing,

I regularly re-watch UFO, can't splain why but there's just something about it (probably moonbase personal tbh)

Another great scfi is the film Enemy Mine with the rather fantastic Louis Gossett Jr.
I have to agree, there’s something quite stylish and funky about UFO that I love.

As for V…. The original mini series was good especially for its time (I was 14yo) but the series after that was naff, it’s had run it’s course and this was just stretching it for the sake of it. The reboot of V was waaaay better over all and the reappearance of Diana was a very nice touch. I vaguely remember Enemy Mine, very good story line.

TT
The Following User Says Thank You to The Thong For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 22nd, 2022, 11:26   #25
100K+
Premier Member

Quote:

Seems to be getting another re run on sky syfy channel.

Cheers
Bob
100K+ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 100K+ For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 22nd, 2022, 11:55   #26
Othen
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T5R92011 View Post
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-62142208

Why on earth would anyone subscribe to this?
BMW has not changed (maybe got worse).

I bought a new BMW once, it was a 320 Touring in about 1992. I was being posted to Germany and thought I'd treat myself to a smart new tax-free car. I ordered it over the telephone (no internet in those days) and flew over to London a few weeks later to collect. BMW tax-free sales were all dealt with by a very smart showroom in Park Lane. The suited salesman greeted me and showed me the motor car - I asked him where was the radio... you can probably guess the rest. BMW didn't fit radios as standard and I hadn't asked for one; what complete bunkum, the previous two new cars I'd bought (both Mazdas) came with radios (and lots of other stuff) as standard.

Later I noticed the motor car only had electric windows in the front, and there had been lots of skimping all around. I never took to that car, I drove it for 2 years in Germany but then sold it as soon as I returned to the UK (for a good profit - there is a huge but inexplicable kudos attached to the BMW badge amongst Brits). Never again, BMW!

I see the company is up to the same tricks, so I agree with you OP: Why on earth would anyone subscribe to this?

:-)

Last edited by Othen; Jul 22nd, 2022 at 12:39.
Othen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Othen For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 22nd, 2022, 23:34   #27
The Thong
VOC Member

My sister bought a 320 M Sport for the same as what my V60 CCLux NAV cost new.
No heated seats, no heated screen, manual adjusting front seats, 2WD. Both cars were Auto but the Beemer’s transmission was way smoother compared to my Autobox.

My V60 CC had The Family Pack, AWD, Heated Front Seats, Electric Seat adjustment on the drivers seat. Winter Pack, Bending Headlights, Five Pot Engine. Ok, the BMW did feel better put together in some ways but I got more bang for my buck in my V60.
I honestly think BMW are charged my you for the badge when they could be more generous with the spec.

TT
Old Jul 24th, 2022, 13:23   #28
andy_d
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thong View Post
I honestly think BMW are charged my you for the badge when they could be more generous with the spec.

TT
yeps they always have ,,and whats worse,, people /sheeple Pay it and will carry on as "brand/badge snobbery" is The thing with some,,
The Following User Says Thank You to andy_d For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 24th, 2022, 23:24   #29
SnineT
Extrahumanestrial

Broke My Wheels.
SnineT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25th, 2022, 05:57   #30
The Thong
VOC Member

There will be dodgy Geezers advertising on social media to crack open your ECU to open up all these chargeable functions 😂😂

TT