Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Denison Gateway 500 - IPOD Interface

Views : 31546

Replies : 85

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 26th, 2011, 21:02   #81
andreasb

No. GW500 is for models with MOST network. V/XC70s have much cheaper options...
Old May 10th, 2012, 12:01   #82
exdirectory

I have an '05 XC90, 6 cd changer, premium sound, minidisc, satnav, satnav dvd under passenger seat, rear dvds in headrest, composite video/rca sound in on back two rows (red, yellow, white) and a 10 disc DVD changer in the boot.

I assume I am in the same boat as everyone else, i.e. no cheap aux/ipod solution?
exdirectory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2012, 12:29   #83
GeoCoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Edmondson View Post
Just had a parrot mki9200 fitted by Huets of shoreham (Brighton).
They have got hold of a little unit alot cheaper than the denison which simply interupts the fibreOptic to allow the final audio output of the parrot to pass into the xc90's amp.
This means it has
Thanks for reading
Bill
Can I ask how much you were charged by Huets including fitting? I would PM but don't have enough posts!
GeoCoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2012, 08:17   #84
gasc2188

Your correct exdirectory. Frustrating I know, but a cheap solution would be a fm transmitter device that you plug into your iPod, and it transmits the iPod signal to a predetermined radio frequency on you radio. I'm most likely telling you about sucking eggs there, I've done this fm transmitter thing and the sound quality is bad, and the signal keeps dropping out. It's Dension Gateway I'm afraid or Parrot do some good kits. There's a video on YouTube about fitting the Dension. Its by Enfig, or something like that. Hope this helps
gasc2188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2012, 08:26   #85
exdirectory

Thanks gas...

After quite a bit of research I think I had come to that conclusion but needed someone just to confirm!

Has anyone had any better success by trying to place an fm transmitter near the rear antenna instead of just in their ipod at the front? Maybe one with a remote control?
exdirectory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2012, 00:32   #86
petrolhead69

not tried it in an xc90, however the best fm transmitter I have tried sq/signal wise is the one on a pure highway dab radio adaptor, I drive a lot of hire cars so tried a number of fm transmitters over the years but the one that worked best was the pure. It also gives you dab, which is good if you get the magnetic roof aerial, the windscreen one is pants.
petrolhead69 is offline   Reply With Quote