Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo xc70 2005 2.4 D5 automatic for sale

Views : 1751

Replies : 12

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 7th, 2011, 20:48   #1
michalxhills

Default Volvo xc70 2005 2.4 D5 automatic for sale

Hi all members,
I have got fantastic xc70 2005 with 80k mileage, it is a lux version which includes front/rear parking sensors, four C suspension, phone, all electirc windows and seats (are also heated for coming winter..). Car is very clean and has no marks or scratches. I spent £1000 on replacing brake discs and pads (front and rear) steering ends and all sorts just 8 weeks ago so the car just passed MOT (valid now until 31st aug 2012) without need for retest.
Car is a cat D car (had a bump in 2006) so I am only asking £7000 but will accept offers.

Regards

Michal
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1000429.jpg (57.7 KB, 105 views)
File Type: jpg P1000430.jpg (56.2 KB, 94 views)
File Type: jpg P1000416.jpg (61.8 KB, 112 views)
File Type: jpg P1000414.jpg (53.0 KB, 95 views)
File Type: jpg P1000431.jpg (65.0 KB, 98 views)
michalxhills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8th, 2011, 13:47   #2
michalxhills

Hmm, am I asking too much? Any comments on the price anyone?
Old Sep 8th, 2011, 14:58   #3
dme123
Master Member

The price is about what they seem to be about what you pay non CAT D car in a private sale, so yes it is too high. Whatever the price Cat D status seems to put off 80% of buyers looking to spend more then £1500 on a car, particularly a family car like this. It looks to be a good clean car, so it may not even be a matter of price so much as waiting for the right buyer. You save money buying a Cat D car, but you usually loose it again on sale and have to accept it'll be a harder job to shift.

Selling a car seems to be really slow at the moment anyway so whatever the price patience may well be required. You are also in a price bracket where a lot of people are more comfortable with the percieved security and come back of buying from a dealership.

Having just sold two privately I feel your pain. I gave up and just traded the 3rd in and got bummed, but it was worth it not to have to try and shift another one.

Best of luck with the sale, just be glad it's not a large petrol engined car you're trying to sell!

Dave

ETA - by patience I mean it could easily take a fortnight to get a call and 6 weeks+ to shift it. One of the cars I sold was a Mercedes A140, FSH, brand new MOT and tax, very clean car and very competitively priced for age and mileage. Easy car to sell, you'd think, but I had maybe 3 people interested in a month before I sold it to a colleague.

Last edited by dme123; Sep 8th, 2011 at 15:00.
dme123 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dme123 For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 8th, 2011, 16:12   #4
michalxhills

Thank you for it DME123, I only had the car on the market for 10 days maybe, so long time in front of me, not despert to sell it quickly but need to, as my wife is just passing driv licence and insuring her on that car is like £3000 so I have to sell it to buy something slightly quicker then pushbike to be able to insure it for both of us.
I believe that this car is worth this price but like I said would accept offeers if there were any... Sad that this is all caused by this stupid 'no win no fee' claims companies who make people claim with no reason which is causing insurance prices to hike like NASA spaceship.... Anyway , Thanks again.
Old Sep 8th, 2011, 21:46   #5
michalxhills

Hi, just to let you know, I had first call and guy is coming on sat to look at the car so fingers xed

cheers!
Old Sep 9th, 2011, 14:20   #6
dme123
Master Member

Good luck!
dme123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2011, 14:58   #7
october37

Quote:
Originally Posted by michalxhills View Post
Thank you for it DME123, I only had the car on the market for 10 days maybe, so long time in front of me, not despert to sell it quickly but need to, as my wife is just passing driv licence and insuring her on that car is like £3000 so I have to sell it to buy something slightly quicker then pushbike to be able to insure it for both of us.
I believe that this car is worth this price but like I said would accept offeers if there were any... Sad that this is all caused by this stupid 'no win no fee' claims companies who make people claim with no reason which is causing insurance prices to hike like NASA spaceship.... Anyway , Thanks again.
Received your PM Michal but accidentaly deleted it before answering. Only bought my V70 D5 six months back but was looking for a XC70 at that time. As is my luck, there is always what I want after I have bought something else. My sympathy for the Cat D on the car, its very unfair that perfectly good cars receive this when they are repaired to a very high standard and inspected for such. They are probably better than a lot of others that have not been recorded and been cheaply repaired in back street garages and without the knowledge of the insurance company.

Keith F 55reg V70se D5 awd Geartronic
october37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2011, 18:04   #8
michalxhills

Quote:
Originally Posted by october37 View Post
Received your PM Michal but accidentaly deleted it before answering. Only bought my V70 D5 six months back but was looking for a XC70 at that time. As is my luck, there is always what I want after I have bought something else. My sympathy for the Cat D on the car, its very unfair that perfectly good cars receive this when they are repaired to a very high standard and inspected for such. They are probably better than a lot of others that have not been recorded and been cheaply repaired in back street garages and without the knowledge of the insurance company.

Keith F 55reg V70se D5 awd Geartronic
Hi Keith,

I agree with you about cat D and just regret that you already purchased your car as I am sure that mine would serve you well. We will see what happens, I had first viewer today and waiting to hear from him.

Thanks for replying though,

Michal
Old Sep 11th, 2011, 09:18   #9
adamr8965
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by michalxhills View Post
Just insure the car in your own name and put the misses on as a named driver this will lower your costs. And save you a whole heap of money, as you have just spent a £1k on it.
The Following User Says Thank You to adamr8965 For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 11th, 2011, 15:09   #10
michalxhills

Tried that as well and quotes are still sky high... Need to get something which is 4-6 ins group unfortunately. Thanks.