Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General > PV, 120, 1800 Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

1966 volvo 131 amazon coupe with rover v8 running gear £1750

Views : 7342

Replies : 42

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 26th, 2013, 20:23   #11
cudaboy

Default reborn!

cheers for all the comments both positive and negative..........it came with a v8 conversion already done, i <no offence> wouldnt have bought it otherwise! been a busy boy, got mot, going on road in jan.still loads to go but well worth it.have fully rewired,loads structural new wheels will have arches flared to suit as i go and have a 500hp fully blown sbc stroker to go in........
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1471091_10152136650023109_1260825975_n.jpg (96.7 KB, 98 views)
File Type: jpg volvo 005.jpg (112.9 KB, 92 views)
File Type: jpg 1476523_10152162471913109_463580309_n.jpg (14.3 KB, 100 views)
File Type: jpg mumbles 048.jpg (104.1 KB, 91 views)

Last edited by cudaboy; Dec 26th, 2013 at 20:33.
cudaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to cudaboy For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 28th, 2013, 19:09   #12
blue72
I need to get out more

I don't often post on here as i'm "inbetween Volvo's" at the moment but whoever done this in the first instance should be prosecuted under the crimes against Volvo's act.
blue72 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to blue72 For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 28th, 2013, 20:11   #13
beario

What crimes that then...
beario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29th, 2013, 10:31   #14
cudaboy

Default lol

so what you got that so perfect then?
cudaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29th, 2013, 11:38   #15
123GT-AMAZON
1800necwinner

hi ya

hes inbetween volvos atm as he said , his comment was his view on things which being this is a forum is always ok aslong as clean views are posted like yours.

now i have to agree with him sadly when a classic car gets hacked about not just yours but any for example there was a hotrod amazon just sold on ebay it was a right mess !!!! the car loses its appeal in my book but !! if the car at start was / is so bad and if this path saves!! the car then im all in favor of cars like yours at least its been kept on the road and i do like very much you have ripped out that horrible jag dash and reverted back to oem amazon dash so it aint all bad but please dont be offended we all have a idea what is right and what is wrong and in some cases some mods make a very nice upgrade like wheels i love wide wheels but some ay not each to there own hey happy moddin and motoring in ya classic volvo

kind regards

robert

I grew up on classic volvos hence my passion for them born and breed into the lifestyle !
123GT-AMAZON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29th, 2013, 12:16   #16
david philips
panic captain manwaring ?

Smile great job so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by cudaboy View Post
cheers for all the comments both positive and negative..........it came with a v8 conversion already done, i <no offence> wouldnt have bought it otherwise! been a busy boy, got mot, going on road in jan.still loads to go but well worth it.have fully rewired,loads structural new wheels will have arches flared to suit as i go and have a 500hp fully blown sbc stroker to go in........
just my vote of well done for turning another amazon back from off the road into a great classic.

well done and keep up the good work its a one off and i am sure when its finished it will be an outstanding and sought after car.
david philips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30th, 2013, 11:53   #17
Burdekin
Chief Bodger

Looks pretty similar to what Iamtheonlyreal1 has done in reality and nobody has said anything negative about that from what I can remember. Personally I'd tone done the rear flared arch a bit but other than that don't see any issues. I'd try and keep the styling 60/70s or modern and try and avoid any 89/90s styling if possible but it's your car so good luck and please keep us updated...
Burdekin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30th, 2013, 14:19   #18
classicswede
Trader Volvo in my veins

I do think a lot of v8 engine conversions are done without the knowledge of how good the B18/20 engines are and how well they do tune. However V8 conversions do have there place and done right will make a very nice car.

The worst crime by far is sticking in a sh1tty F@#d pinto engine. What a down grade.

Well done on picking up this one and keep is posted with the work you do completeing it. Don't worry about any negative comments, just try and build the car the best you can.
classicswede is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to classicswede For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 1st, 2014, 03:32   #19
Tail
Master Member

I don't think its a lack of knowledge about how good the B18/20's are that lead to the V8 conversions, its the V8 themselves, You love them or you don't. I have owned one or two over the years and its a combination of the torque and the sound and tunability of the Rover.(And have I mentioned the sound)
150bhp as standard but back in the eighties my SD1 with a Janspeed exhaust, piper cam, some headwork and a holley carb was pushing 180bhp for not a lot of money and was an absolute beast quite able to see the wrong side of 140 on the clock which for back then was awesome to me at least in my early twenties and that car was abused on a daily basis for a few years and never let me down.
For me the sound of a V8 in full song is better than any four pot will ever be but that's just my opinion
Tail is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tail For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 1st, 2014, 04:16   #20
bongodave
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1800necwinner View Post
hi ya

hes inbetween volvos atm as he said , his comment was his view on things which being this is a forum is always ok aslong as clean views are posted like yours.

now i have to agree with him sadly when a classic car gets hacked about not just yours but any for example there was a hotrod amazon just sold on ebay it was a right mess !!!! the car loses its appeal in my book but !! if the car at start was / is so bad and if this path saves!! the car then im all in favor of cars like yours at least its been kept on the road and i do like very much you have ripped out that horrible jag dash and reverted back to oem amazon dash so it aint all bad but please dont be offended we all have a idea what is right and what is wrong and in some cases some mods make a very nice upgrade like wheels i love wide wheels but some ay not each to there own hey happy moddin and motoring in ya classic volvo

kind regards

robert
I saw the hotrod with the silver wheels. Have to say, at least it was a good, honest, rat-rod.

Don't wanna sound rude but i'd be wary even putting my garden tools in this.

Too far-gone for a retro restoration which is a shame.
bongodave is offline   Reply With Quote