Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo On Call (VOC)

Views : 9320

Replies : 66

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 17th, 2014, 22:20   #31
Considered1
Premier Member

If it is definitely there I suspect it is a remote start feature only and think i've read you would need to park the car up (ie night before) leaving controls at the desired temp..so yes you are now getting carried away but I suppose the technology is there. They are also asking for ideas for inclusion!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PR00zSk4FHg
Considered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2014, 22:59   #32
acb5

With the diesel heater I have you can set the heated seats to come on but not via VOC, they have to be set before hand. Also you do not get to chose the temperature it sets itself at 22 degrees warming or cooling. With mine cooling can only be done for 3 mins due to battery drain but if the engine is running then it might be different as I assume on the normal engine the a/c is not an electric compressor.
Old May 19th, 2014, 17:02   #33
MikeIOW
Premier Member

It sounds very much like the ERS is *not* for the UK market (despite the website saying it is!). Waiting for final confirmation, but it would seem that VOC really is about the SOS/tracking function & perhaps the ability to lock/unlock the car.
Pity: I could just about mentally justify remotely being able to start my car & watch it warm up...not sure I will for the rest!!
Old May 19th, 2014, 20:21   #34
GJB
Premier Member

Thumbs up Needed VOC

Had a need to phone VOC when the key on a XC90 would not turn they where great came and opened up the lock and got the car started drove to the dealer to get fixed and was met with a hire car for use until car was fixed (3 Days) as the lock has to be programed to the key al free except the cost of lock replacement was excellent service cannot fault it.
GJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2014, 16:04   #35
andymcp
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeIOW View Post
It sounds very much like the ERS is *not* for the UK market (despite the website saying it is!). Waiting for final confirmation, but it would seem that VOC really is about the SOS/tracking function & perhaps the ability to lock/unlock the car.
Pity: I could just about mentally justify remotely being able to start my car & watch it warm up...not sure I will for the rest!!
The ERS is not dependent on VOC being in the car, and my dealer has quoted me for it so I assume it's available in the UK! You activate it from the keyfob so no dependency on VOC as far as I recall....

I did post a thread about it, so will try and dig it out.

Mine: 2014 V60 D4 SE Lux Nav Geartronic
Mrs McP: 2013 V40 D2 R-Design Lux Nav
andymcp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to andymcp For This Useful Post:
Old May 21st, 2014, 16:09   #36
andymcp
Premier Member

Here is the ERS part number (for V60 but there is one for XC60) which appeared after telling the site I had an Auto RHD D4 V60 - http://accessories.volvocars.com/Acc...ent/VCC-472928

And here is the thread I'd started that includes the pricing (first post on page 2) - http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=201360

Old May 21st, 2014, 16:19   #37
andymcp
Premier Member

Aside from the ERS stuff, the real reason I went looking for this thread was that I have finally got round to connecting the car to the VOC mobile app. Great feature, apart from the nice-to-have of reading dashboard info and so on from the phone, if you switch on journey logging then every drive, no matter how short, is logged and made available with some basic stats including estimated mpg for that journey. So on the brief drive back to the house after dropping off daughter at train station, I managed 27mpg from cold start. Since I usually trip miles according to each full tank, this will be interesting to see what the trip estimate for each inbetween journey is. On board trip seems accurate to within a mpg or two mostly, hoping the app is likewise. One oddity - in the car fuel gauge there are 8 bars, yet in the VOC app there are 10.

Other than that it seems very quick to update and the notifications if I do forget to lock it will be useful. No idea whether the lock/unlock feature would be of any use other than that - can anyone think of a circumstance where you could end up locked out your car with the keys inside? Or is this just intended to allow you access for recovery if you have lost them...?

Old May 21st, 2014, 16:40   #38
Flux
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andymcp View Post
...........No idea whether the lock/unlock feature would be of any use other than that - can anyone think of a circumstance where you could end up locked out your car with the keys inside? Or is this just intended to allow you access for recovery if you have lost them...?
Yes, when you're lying in bed and just about to turn the light out and you wonder to yourself 'did I lock the car'. You then have to get up and go to the widow and zap the remote.

This can now be done from the comfort of your own bed and it doesn't matter if you left the keys downstairs, in the office or bathroom or anywhere else in the house for that matter.

What a great feature. Now why didn't I..............................
Old May 21st, 2014, 17:34   #39
MikeIOW
Premier Member

Heh heh heh - yes....or on the other hand.....more things to go wrong!!

Yes, my dealer confirmed that the ERS-with-VOC is *not* for the UK, despite the erroneous website information.
Old May 21st, 2014, 18:44   #40
andymcp
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeIOW View Post
Yes, my dealer confirmed that the ERS-with-VOC is *not* for the UK, despite the erroneous website information.
Strange, because mine gave me a price and offered to fit it....

Tags
volvo on call voc