Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Xc60 free towbar

Views : 1665

Replies : 9

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 28th, 2009, 16:03   #1
br1anuk

Default Xc60 free towbar

I've just been reading December 2009 Caravan Club Magazine and on page 9 there is an offer of a free towbar and fitting to a total of £600 + VAT.

Members must produce their card at time of order. Valid until 31st December 2009.

Apparently it's also on the caravan club website.
Hope this helps someone who's about to order an XC60.

Brian
br1anuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28th, 2009, 20:13   #2
wimorrison
Grumpy Old Sod

Quote:
Originally Posted by br1anuk View Post
I've just been reading December 2009 Caravan Club Magazine and on page 9 there is an offer of a free towbar and fitting to a total of £600 + VAT.

Members must produce their card at time of order. Valid until 31st December 2009.

Apparently it's also on the caravan club website.
Hope this helps someone who's about to order an XC60.

Brian
Brian

Can you PM me the details please? I am about to have a towbar fitted and this would be a super saving

Does it apply to fitting after delivery, or only for new orders?

I have looked on the CC club website but cannot find this offer

Iain
wimorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29th, 2009, 16:10   #3
br1anuk

Apparently it's only for new orders and membership card must be shown at time of order.
Perhaps you could cancel your order then reorder your car. You must be a Caravan club member.
Why not give the CC a ring.

Brian.
br1anuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29th, 2009, 16:29   #4
Paul H v70

Talking towbar offer

I have just had a look on the caravan club website I cant find this offer either,sounds great.I have not become a member as yet but could borrow a neighbours card.Any more info on this offer please?
Paul H v70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1st, 2009, 14:37   #5
Lexon

Default XC60 Free Towbar

The Caravan club have a page for members only for which you need to sign in i.e. be a member to view these pages.
They have an agreement with Volvo for discounts on a large range of their cars. 5% off the pre tax price of a XC90, and 3% off the XC 60. The current offer is for free metalic paint valued at £600.The tow bar offer you speak of may now replace the paint offer. I had difficulty convincing my dealer, or he was acting daft about these deals. I did however convince him and took the 3% off, and the free metalic paint. They also added £2000 to the value of my part exchange Sorento XT Auto. Volvo are also adding £1000 to any finance deals taken on the new cars. I think this is up to the end of December.
I do not think that they will allow more than one of these offers on any one deal.
Lexon

Last edited by Lexon; Dec 1st, 2009 at 14:39.
Lexon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21st, 2009, 16:20   #6
Tony60
TonyA

Just took delivery of a XC60 2.4 D5 SE LUX Premium, had caravan detachable,tow hitch towbar fitted in deal , suspect it's not a genuine Volvo one as no cover to cover towbar when hitch removed,as shown in handbook if it is incorrect watch this space !
Tony60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21st, 2009, 17:16   #7
wimorrison
Grumpy Old Sod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony60 View Post
Just took delivery of a XC60 2.4 D5 SE LUX Premium, had caravan detachable,tow hitch towbar fitted in deal , suspect it's not a genuine Volvo one as no cover to cover towbar when hitch removed,as shown in handbook if it is incorrect watch this space !

I am getting mine fitted next week so I will be able to tell you what they provide

As far as I am aware there should be a cover for the hole that is cut to allow the towbat pintle to be inserted - will be looking for that!

Which electrics did they give you - seems that 13 pin is what they want to provide, though I don't see that as an issue - where did they place the electrics connector?
wimorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21st, 2009, 18:46   #8
Tony60
TonyA

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by wimorrison View Post
I am getting mine fitted next week so I will be able to tell you what they provide

As far as I am aware there should be a cover for the hole that is cut to allow the towbat pintle to be inserted - will be looking for that!

Which electrics did they give you - seems that 13 pin is what they want to provide, though I don't see that as an issue - where did they place the electrics connector?
13 pin ,the electric socket is tucked up under rear bumper you have to pull it down and then it clicks into place to plug in it looks neat. regards Tony
Tony60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2010, 23:02   #9
XC60nick

I have just registered here, having just got my shiney new XC60 D5 AWD Geartronic R-Design SE Premium (that must be the longest model title ever!).
I am looking for a Towbar for the new girl, and have seen this 'Free Offer'. All is not as it seems, as it states that not valid with any other offer. I got over £5000 discount on my car, so guess that the towbar may have been a bridge too far for the dealer...
XC60nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11th, 2010, 20:17   #10
pbeecroft

when i checked it was only at participating dealers, 4 of them, and not useable with any other offer including 3 years servicing.

I got 8k off the car and towbar fitted inclusive.