Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 200 Series General > 200 Series Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

RHD Volvo 240 GLT Turbo for sale

Views : 11158

Replies : 33

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 16th, 2012, 09:23   #1
volvo360turbo

Default RHD Volvo 240 GLT Turbo for sale

Yes you read right “turbo”, firstly I cant believe I’m selling my pride and joy but since my wife replaced our family estate car for a C70, a year on and living without an estate is hard (muddy dogs etc), so I’ve just bought a 940 turbo estate so the 240 turbo has to go , some of you may have already seen this car at club advents

I bought the car in January 2009 off the original owner (so only 2 owners) and after building a great Volvo 360 track car I wanted to make a perfect 240 turbo for keeps and every day use.

Basically ill explain in sections:-

Engine:-

1. Donor engine came from 1997 Volvo 940 LPT (B230 FK) and was transferred complete with LH Jetronic 2.4 system complete. I choose this because it was the last of B230 family with stronger internals and oil squirters and the lambda sensor/self tune system would be better for variable boost control.

2. Mounted in glove box is the original immobiliser key (with spare) for extra security, also fitted from the 940 is the electric fan which is controlled from ECU and intercooler etc.

3. Oil cooler is fitted as well as cone filter, up rated cosworth fuel pump.

4. In standard form the turbo gives 4psi pressure resulting in 135bhp with great drivability, great fuel economy (much better than standard B230E engine) and loads of torque, adjust the boost from inside and she will boost happily at 10psi (190bhp, rolling road report to proof) with great performance. Mounted inside the car in factory gauge pod is a boost gauge and a mixture gauge. This runs from the lambda sensor so you can check your not running a lean mix when adjusting boost. There’s of course loads of potential of more power if wanted.

5. Flywheel was changed from dual mass to single mass (dogdish type) for easy future upgrade.

6. Runs great on unleaded or super. Battery is mounted in boot under floor for more space

7. Exhaust system wasn’t cheap and came from Sweden which is a great 3” production made system which is quiet but nice sound when you want it

Suspension has been totally rebuilt with new rear trailing arms and front wishbone and has been totally rebushed with poly bushes (apart from antiroll bar). All springs have been replaced with spaxs springs and fitted to rear are adjustable koni shock absorbers.
This makes her a smooth ride but handles like a modern car.

Brakes are standard but with performance pads and DOT5 brake fluid.

Interior is black leather which is in good condition, all 4 electric windows, electric mirrors, sun roof, CD radio with electric aerial, volt gauge, mixture gauge, boost gauge, boost controller, factory floor trays, Power steering and spare keys

Body work is tidy but not concourse, the lacquer is going in places. 2 years ago I replaced the rotten rear wheel arches. I could have done a better job of finishing the seams and painting (as seen) but is totally solid and rust free. Windscreen is original and has gone a bit cloudy round the edges.

The underside has been painted and underseal and is completely solid!!, only rust is at bottom of both wings under the trim and had a bit on bottom of rear window which ive just treated.

Mileage is 93000 Wheels have been changed with 940 alloys on 205x16 with nearly new tyres.

I’ve declared all mods with Adrian Flux insurance and only cost £155 on classic policy.

I can supply buyer with full details of parts used on conversion for future work and also have circuit diagrams.

Tax runs out at end of April 2013 and MOT on 24th October 2012

I’m planning to sell on EBay once ive renewed the MOT so she has more than 12 month as I know she will fly through but thought id show to club colleagues first.

I’ve spent £1000’s and time on this with the thought that this would be with me for life!

The conversion was done 2 years ago and ive done many miles since with no faults, just pleasure so don’t be fooled it’s a great solid conversion.

I don’t know what she’s worth but looking round £2K mark i think, please see my youtube clip of her. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q92ek...1&feature=plcp

Thanks Kev Strong
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (256.2 KB, 297 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (265.4 KB, 279 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (263.3 KB, 313 views)
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (220.7 KB, 270 views)
File Type: jpg 5.jpg (210.0 KB, 256 views)
volvo360turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to volvo360turbo For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 16th, 2012, 10:12   #2
Clan
Experienced Member

fantastic ..
Old Sep 16th, 2012, 10:15   #3
FossilFish
Thank fossils for fuel!

Lovey car,

Like what you have done, Good luck with the sale and hope it goes to the Volvo enthusiast fraternity

With all the work and effort it well worth the money...One question if the engine has been swapped wouldn't that effect the premiums?
Old Sep 16th, 2012, 11:00   #4
VND
Now with added T4

Kev thats lovely. Really lovely.
Old Sep 16th, 2012, 11:03   #5
Antz
No I'm not the redhead

thats awesome.....

Swap a T5 motor into your RWD Volvo:The Guide
Antz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16th, 2012, 12:05   #6
volvo360turbo

Thank you all, im so proud of this car and know im doing the wrong thing in selling (like i did with my 360 turbo), but I havent got the room and we need an estate in the family and my missus is so in love with her C70 convertable ive got no chance!. Insurance is ok, ive insured it Adrian Flux and as they do modified classics, told them the engine mods and it went up £35, im only paying £155 on classic 3000 miles a year.

I hope she stays in the Volvo family but got a feeling shes may end up in arenas going sideways more than forward, althrough she would be good at it...
volvo360turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16th, 2012, 12:48   #7
VND
Now with added T4

Im trying to think of any possible way I could raise two grand (as Im sure everybody else is.)
Dont suppose you fancy a P/X on a super high MPG pug?
Old Sep 16th, 2012, 18:26   #8
john h
VOC Member

Very nice.

Good luck with the sale - well worth the asking price I'd say

John

john h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18th, 2012, 15:28   #9
kris1991

Default I want!

I want, you couldn't squeeze your dogs into a MK1 Golf could you :P

Nice car!
kris1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2012, 20:09   #10
johnjp
Master Member

Oh no - I must not look!!
And I'm going to be in Bristol weekend after next!
johnjp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
volvo 240 turbo drift