Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V60 R-Design Drive with lots of extras £6,500

Views : 2674

Replies : 25

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 24th, 2017, 21:10   #11
dcw
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobysn7x View Post
Jens beaming from the drive back cheers David car is brilliant ��
Great - I am so pleased!

Sorry about the rear camera - we were thinking about it after you'd gone and actually it did do that not long after we'd had it and a software update cured it. It's been fine ever since - I'd honestly forgotten all about it but Lee remembered when I explained to her what it was doing. Sod's law it should play up on the day someone comes to look at it...

Also should have mentioned locking wheel nut key is in boot next to gunk and pump.

Anyway, great meeting you both properly today and enjoy the car - keep us posted!

All the best

David
1994 480 GT and 2007 V50 SE Sport
dcw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2017, 10:46   #12
scoobysn7x
Premier Member

No probs re the rear camera I think it's either a software glitch or loose connection, we were in and out the boot a few times yesterday, and after one open/close cycle it didn't pick up the rear camera feed at all, and just displayed a blue screen.

I tried removing the camera but it seems that there isn't enough slack on the cable to pull it out from the camera side. I tried removing the boot trim from the inside, instantly broke a couple of clips, and got no where near where the camera was. So I put everything back, and the camera was working again with much less flicker.

We decided it may as well go to volvo for the service, that way they'll update the software as part of the service, and if that doesn't sort it, we'll ask them to have a look :-).

I figure they'll know exactly how to remove the trim, without breaking loads of the clips ;-).

I'll start a showroom thread once I have some better pics ;-)
scoobysn7x is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scoobysn7x For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 26th, 2017, 13:02   #13
dcw
VOC Member

Sounds sensible - and if Volvo break any clips they can replace them at their expense...

Does sound like a loose connection in the bootlid: hope it's easily sorted.

Thanks for the reassurance - I was really concerned about that camera after you'd gone, because I'd tried to be as frank as I could about the car's needs/faults so I was worried you'd feel a bit cheated!

Look forward to seeing your new thread in due course; meanwhile, enjoy the car!

David
The Following User Says Thank You to dcw For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 26th, 2017, 13:22   #14
scoobysn7x
Premier Member

To be honest the price we got the car for meant we aren't really that concerned about the camera issue ;-), as I've said pretty sure it'll either be a loose connection somewhere of some type of software glitch.

I'm sure the volvo techs will get it sorted :-), and at the end of the days the sensors are there so it's not essential it works ;-)
The Following User Says Thank You to scoobysn7x For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 28th, 2017, 14:32   #15
Bendolfc
Premier Member

You got a bargain there, I was tempted myself when I saw the post last week but couldn't be doing with the smaller engine but an ideal car for the missus.
Bendolfc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bendolfc For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 28th, 2017, 16:42   #16
scoobysn7x
Premier Member

David was very generous, and gave us an unbelievable deal on it, and it's brilliant all the toys, drives lovely, ideal as a 2nd car. Have the mapped C30 as the fun runabout, and then this for the family car.

It's brilliant for Jen too, as it's quicker than her old car (1.3 Yaris), without being super quick.

It's not going to win any races (although have to say pleasantly surprised, it's quicker than I thought) but it cruises lovely, and very quietly at motorway speeds. so she's loving it, yaris would make your ears bleed at motorway speeds.

Booked into Mill Volvo Newcastle on Friday for the service, and they are going to have a look at the camera issue.

Although since the weather got a bit cooler no flickering. I know there is a tech note for fitting an equalizer to stop the flicker due to interference from the other cables so hopefully they might do this :-).
Old Jun 28th, 2017, 16:57   #17
dcw
VOC Member

Glad to hear you are still pleased after a few days ownership

Was more than happy to do a bargain deal, since it was obvious you'd both look after her and I'd rather that than the trade/auction room for her! Of course, that does also mean I will always be lurking around here keeping an eye on her, too...

That's interesting about the camera and the heat though...be interested to hear if you get it sorted.

The service will do her good - I felt she was beginning to need it. If Mill have any questions Ray Chapman in York know the car from the last couple of years.

As you say, thought, she's sprightlier than you'd expect, isn't she?

We pick up the new one tomorrow - I'll race you to Newcastle then!!

David

Last edited by dcw; Jun 28th, 2017 at 17:04.
Old Jun 29th, 2017, 12:57   #18
scoobysn7x
Premier Member

She's not to bad but my C30 leaves her for dead ;-), but then again the C30 surprises a few people ;-).

Although not sure how it would handle the D5, 10-15hp down but surely less weight, would definately be interesting ;-)
Old Jul 9th, 2017, 20:06   #19
scoobysn7x
Premier Member

Happy to report I think the camera issue is resolved, volvo didn't have time to check during the service but did report the software was fine, as they wanted £72+vat just to have a look, I decided to have a look myself, as the flicker/working/not working was getting more frequent.

So I tackled the job today tried to remove the camera from the outside, sadly not enough slack in the cable, so removed the rear panels, and disconnected the camera no obvious signs of issues, wiring all intact, connections looked fine. So cleaned it and put back together, tested and works fine, so think either the connector had worked loose a bit, or was a bit dirty, but now shows a perfect flicker free image, bonus didn't break too many clips 😎
Old Jul 16th, 2017, 21:10   #20
dcw
VOC Member

Well done!

Sounds as if our thoughts that it was probably just a dodgy connection were right then!

I take it everything else was OK at the service?

David