Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Help DVD no remote control!

Views : 6926

Replies : 51

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 15th, 2018, 20:54   #21
Conn3h

Hi I’m new to the forums but I have a 2004 xc90 with the 10 disc DVD player but no remote can anybody help me I’ve searched everywhere
Conn3h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16th, 2018, 08:21   #22
john langrick
Master Member

Hi, see my previous post.
Then look
https://www.remote-control-world.eu/...control-p-2374.
Other member have ordered this and it works.

Hope this hwlps
john langrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16th, 2018, 08:58   #23
Conn3h

Did it work for you? Sounds like you have the same system and does it need a code to programme too?
* just read your link says no setup required guess I’ll have to give it a try and see what happens

Last edited by Conn3h; Apr 16th, 2018 at 09:00.
Old Apr 16th, 2018, 10:06   #24
john langrick
Master Member

I have same system which is UK specific and has 10x dvd under floor in the boot. I had the original remote which looks identical to the one in the link I post.
There is smother thread on this same subject and a member did order this unit and it worked, no programming needed.

Note this is not part of the volvo can bus or most system. It is a free standing adjunct sold by volvo UK and an option when car was purchased. I have the receipt for my xc90 and the options and this kit added over 2.5k to the bill!

If you press and hold the right button on the headrest monitors, the screens should come up, (blue screen with red script) but you need the remote to turn the DVD player on etc. This should tell you the basic screens are working.

The infra red receiver is near the rear view mirror but note the audio is separate from the inbuilt audio on the car. You need or headsets and these are Thomson. Do you have these? The car audio is not integrated with this UK specific unit.

Another thing to note is that the buttons and sockets on the c pillar operate with the rgb sockets in the centre floor of the 3rd row seats and used for additional free standing systems to use the screens. Confusing I know, but there we are. There is other threads on how this works.

Hope this helps.
Old Apr 16th, 2018, 10:31   #25
Conn3h

Quote:
Originally Posted by john langrick View Post
I have same system which is UK specific and has 10x dvd under floor in the boot. I had the original remote which looks identical to the one in the link I post.
There is smother thread on this same subject and a member did order this unit and it worked, no programming needed.

Note this is not part of the volvo can bus or most system. It is a free standing adjunct sold by volvo UK and an option when car was purchased. I have the receipt for my xc90 and the options and this kit added over 2.5k to the bill!

If you press and hold the right button on the headrest monitors, the screens should come up, (blue screen with red script) but you need the remote to turn the DVD player on etc. This should tell you the basic screens are working.

The infra red receiver is near the rear view mirror but note the audio is separate from the inbuilt audio on the car. You need or headsets and these are Thomson. Do you have these? The car audio is not integrated with this UK specific unit.

Another thing to note is that the buttons and sockets on the c pillar operate with the rgb sockets in the centre floor of the 3rd row seats and used for additional free standing systems to use the screens. Confusing I know, but there we are. There is other threads on how this works.

Hope this helps.
I certainly hope it works for me then it’s worth trying if it even looks identical and I can turn the screens on with the power button but only as far as blue screen I read you won’t even get a dvd to play without remote after thinking it wasn’t working when I inserted a dvd and yes I have 2 Thomson wireless headsets both working I just appear to be missing the remote, I’m not sure I have any buttons in the c pullers I’ve definetly not noticed them but I do have the RGB in the centre console of the third row it’s a complex system lol, I also seem to have a 3.5 jack in boot floor I plugged phone into and it was playing music through the headphones is that all part of it? Seem to be connected to a black box on the side of DVD player which had white and red plugs coming off it into a 3.5 jack
Old Apr 16th, 2018, 11:07   #26
reggit
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conn3h View Post
Hi I’m new to the forums but I have a 2004 xc90 with the 10 disc DVD player but no remote can anybody help me I’ve searched everywhere
If you search the top thread in the for sale section, someone is selling parts of the 10 disc changer set-up including the remote. https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=280418
Old Apr 16th, 2018, 15:15   #27
john langrick
Master Member

Hi, one transmitter and rgb adapter are beneath the nearside panel in the floor. Another transmitter strapped to dvd unit.There is also an adapter under the right hand floor, but i think this is to do with the rgb plugs in the floor and c pillar units.

incidentally I do have a spare adapter if anyone interested this is a small black box that the dvd cable plugs into and has a power and ir input.

The socket in the floor looks like an edition to this aftermarket unit.

Anyway, good luck with the remote, let us know how you get on.

Just a thought, the original remote isn't lurking in the pocket in the back of the front seats? That is where i found mine!
Old Apr 16th, 2018, 15:25   #28
Conn3h

Quote:
Originally Posted by john langrick View Post
Hi, one transmitter and rgb adapter are beneath the nearside panel in the floor. Another transmitter strapped to dvd unit.There is also an adapter under the right hand floor, but i think this is to do with the rgb plugs in the floor and c pillar units.

incidentally I do have a spare adapter if anyone interested this is a small black box that the dvd cable plugs into and has a power and ir input.

The socket in the floor looks like an edition to this aftermarket unit.

Anyway, good luck with the remote, let us know how you get on.

Just a thought, the original remote isn't lurking in the pocket in the back of the front seats? That is where i found mine!
Will have to investigate it further I don’t think I have any panels in c piller but I may be mistaken but I do have the box strapped too the dvd unit in the boot, and I thought exactly the same thinking that the remote could be in any of the pockets or under the seats as it’s not something you’d take out the car but no such luck it’s nowhere to be seen, only bought the car last week but wanted one for years and the dvd was a surprise I didn’t know it had but would love for it to work already got to change both rear wheel bearings this weekend as they make a hell of a lot of noise and the wheels feel loose they are that worn, I looked at the forsale link but I think that’s the centre console DVD player mines in the boot floor and I don’t believe it’s made by visteon like the guy that’s breaking his, so might have to try and hope the remote you sent me the link for works
Old Apr 16th, 2018, 15:40   #29
john langrick
Master Member

Re member looking for a remote to the volvo specific dvd built into the centre comsole.

Hi, hopefully someone can help you with this. I did have one of these purchased by mistake, but sold it on eBay. You might keep checking on eBay for one to turn up.

In the past I have seen both types on eBay. I see there are two at the moment on eBay but they do not look at all like the one I sold, but this may be a later version. Worth a try as they may accept returns.

Search on volvo multimedia remote

Good luck
Old Apr 16th, 2018, 15:46   #30
john langrick
Master Member

Hi conn3h

The one for sale in Leeds is indeed the same. However the one in the link I sent has been confirmed to work by another member and will probably be a lower cost!