Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 200 Series General > 200 Series Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo R Sport parts

Views : 8830

Replies : 79

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 18th, 2009, 22:23   #21
amaz'in

Hi Guy's,

The forum server keeps coming up with connection interuption....constantly.... Sorry about the yellow Bilstein image, that's a load of pics I took of the Non R sport parts, i.e. roll bars, strut braces etc of which Pete has first shout.

We tried to get masses of images up this afternoon and the server (or whatever just would not allow us).

It's been manic here to be honest, with masses of questions from eBay regarding the Amazon, and emails form Germany and Denmark etc about the rare parts and documents/brochure's.

James
amaz'in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2009, 22:31   #22
amaz'in

Hi Andrew,

Be glad to chat to you at length, I have a smidge of info here on the 1983 intercooler kit which was made available to the 240 Turbo guy's in the states.

I would warn now if we chatted tonight I would most likely bore you silly until way past the witching hour

When did you fancy a chat? I'm around most of this week, better half has taken some day's off so i'm trying not to book any work this week, although she tells me i'm shattering her peace.

I have also tried to be around in case anyone wants to view the 'Ammo'.

I'm glad it's of interest to you guy's, i used to almost dream about this stuff as a young Volvo nut, and believe me when I say this, i never, ever expected to have new parts sitting in boxes.

James
Old Aug 18th, 2009, 22:36   #23
amaz'in

If you look at the last image on my first post ( post #1) you will see the Turbo Dizzy on the right against a regular Dizzy.

I also have a brand new R sport down pipe in my loft, and a used one which came off the car i broke. Boy Volvo made the original downpipes out of thick steel.

James
Old Aug 18th, 2009, 22:42   #24
244T
VOC Member

Default Not too late!!

Its not too late and you would never boar me on this subject!!! i have lots to say too!!! If you call me i will ring you back!!!
244T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2009, 22:44   #25
244T
VOC Member

Default LOL its like christmas!!

I understand if its late for you now, but perhaps tomorrow eve a bit earlier?
Old Aug 18th, 2009, 22:55   #26
amaz'in

Hi Andrew,

Tomorrow evening is fine with me, I would have normally taken you up on your offer and had a chat now, but everyone has gone to bed and my loud dulcet tones would not go down to well .

They are normally late birds like myself, I very rarely go to bed before mid-night, in fact i may pop outside and Howl at the moon shortly.

I will text you my number tomorrow, I dare not pop it up here, I have a feeling it would spontaneously combust within minutes.

What car do you have? or what project? any ideas on which manuals etc I can dig out ready to bore you with Lol

I'm looking forward to pepping up my 940+ with help and advice (I hope) of, well anyone who can help me, i'm no grease monkey, i'm far better at talking about it.

So if I find someone here who would be willing to be a grease monkey on my + even better, for fiscal reward of course, any ideas of who's Da man?

James
Old Aug 18th, 2009, 23:05   #27
244T
VOC Member

Default Reply

Well a 240 with an intercooled kit!! also an S40, its for sale!! just bought an early XC 70, always loved them< but just hope the ' box holds together!! look forward to the chat!! take care Andrew
Old Aug 18th, 2009, 23:23   #28
Steve and his 244
VOC Member

Andrew! Please tell me you're still willing to sell me the 244T?

Can I just confirm first dibs on it? As soon as I can find suitable storage I'll be on the phone to you to come and buy the car.

(Sorry to threadjack)

Steve
2003 titanium grey V70R auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by john h
That Steve is a very bad influence.
Steve and his 244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2009, 12:15   #29
amaz'in

Hi Andrew,

Great chat thanks, lets keep in touch eh?

James
Old Aug 27th, 2009, 15:31   #30
amaz'in

Hi Steve,

No worries regarding threadjacking, we are all Volvo nut's here eh?

James