Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Dension Gateway 500 for Volvo

Views : 4512

Replies : 15

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 20th, 2010, 11:15   #11
jamesr74
Allting går igen

I was considering fitting the Volvo iPod kit myself but the kit is £342 without fitting and I would still have to pay £55 for the software update. The dealer cost of £490 Inc VAT fitted is starting to look more like the safe and better option.

I guess I will try and get one of them to come down to £450 fitted.
jamesr74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20th, 2010, 13:00   #12
newv50girl

It's the dealer option for me too. I've been quoted £536.98 from Volvo which is supply and fit. The work will be gauranteed and carried out by Volvo mechanics, so I'm going with this. The Dension 500 won't work with anything afte '07 and is just as expensive anyway!

Cheers.
newv50girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 2010, 13:15   #13
Raggamuffinz

Default Does anyone know ?

I'm having the Gateway 500 unit fitted to my V50 05 model with High Performance Sound. I believe the GW 500 doesn't work on the Premium Sound System though & I thought Premium & High Performance were the same thing (not though thank heavens). Anyway can someone tell me whether I will be able to control the Dension GW500 via my steering wheel controls as well etc and will it show iPod texts etc. I'm buying the unit separately from a friend and wondered how much it would cost to have the unit installed. Any ideas anyone ?

Thanks

Ragga
Raggamuffinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 2010, 13:19   #14
Jonnieb2009
Master Member

Ragga

I believe it does display the text on your volvo lcd screen and you maintain functionality of the steering wheel controls - designed especially for cars with fibre optic cables.
Let us know how it goes
Jonnieb2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2010, 08:22   #15
jamesr74
Allting går igen

I am just about to order the volvo iPod adapter from FRF but thought I would just check with my local parts dept (Taggarts Glasgow) when I was in picking up a badge for the boot. They told me that once you install the Volvo iPod kit the only iPods you will be able to control through the centre console and steering are the classic iPods. Apparently the ipod touch and nano cannot be controlled through the stereo and you still need to use the controls on the ipod to select songs.

Can anyone confirm this or let me know of their experience with a Volvo iPod adapter?

thanks
jamesr74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2010, 10:57   #16
newv50girl

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesr74 View Post
I am just about to order the volvo iPod adapter from FRF but thought I would just check with my local parts dept (Taggarts Glasgow) when I was in picking up a badge for the boot. They told me that once you install the Volvo iPod kit the only iPods you will be able to control through the centre console and steering are the classic iPods. Apparently the ipod touch and nano cannot be controlled through the stereo and you still need to use the controls on the ipod to select songs.

Can anyone confirm this or let me know of their experience with a Volvo iPod adapter?

thanks
Hi There!

I've just had the ipod/usb interface installed by a main dealer. I got mine to use with my iphone 3Gs. When I plug it in intially, I get a message saying that my "device" may not work properly with the installed connection. However, I just dismiss the message on my iphone and carry on and it works just fine. No interference or anything, just like plugging into any speakers/players etc. I can also do everything i.e. select songs/artists/play lists etc from the controls on the wheel and the stereo itself.

So, I should think that if it works with the iphone, it should work with all ipods.

The marketing information does state that it works with all ipods too.

Hope that helps.

Thanks.

Last edited by newv50girl; Aug 18th, 2010 at 10:59. Reason: additional info
newv50girl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to newv50girl For This Useful Post: