Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Have i bought a Volvo or a ford?

Views : 3835

Replies : 32

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 15th, 2010, 18:01   #21
GMad
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volvophile View Post
Your S60 is neither. It was a car totally developed by Volvo when they were an independent company and uses the Volvo developed P2 platform.

To find a Ford developed Volvo you have to have to go as far as 2004, when the S40/V50 were launched.
Aye that's true! Plus of course a Mondeo has better headlights and considerably better steering lock!
GMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15th, 2010, 21:22   #22
faffi
Motorcyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMad View Post
Aye that's true! Plus of course a Mondeo has better headlights and considerably better steering lock!
Are you sure The Mondeo has the largest/worst turning radius of any car I've owned.
faffi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2010, 20:45   #23
GMad
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by faffi View Post
Are you sure The Mondeo has the largest/worst turning radius of any car I've owned.
But still better than my S60! Plus the headlights (both dipped and main beam) are lush in comparison.
GMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2010, 22:06   #24
faffi
Motorcyclist

My Mondeo has Xenon and I feel they are weak. On high beam, the Xenons stay on together with the mains, and light is good. Not excellent, but quite good. Maybe it's just me preferring the more yellow light from normal bulbs, but I've driven cars with Xenons much better than the ones on my Ford. Like the current Passat and Octavia.

Still, I find that a yellow-ish light makes it easier to see bumps etc. in the road. Which is why I ordrered my coming S40 with standard headlamps (H4)
Old Aug 17th, 2010, 22:30   #25
fenton_jd
turkeyspace.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by faffi View Post
My Mondeo has Xenon and I feel they are weak. On high beam, the Xenons stay on together with the mains, and light is good. Not excellent, but quite good. Maybe it's just me preferring the more yellow light from normal bulbs, but I've driven cars with Xenons much better than the ones on my Ford. Like the current Passat and Octavia.

Still, I find that a yellow-ish light makes it easier to see bumps etc. in the road. Which is why I ordrered my coming S40 with standard headlamps (H4)
Hate to break it to you but the S40 has the worst headlights I've ever witnesses in any car! Atleas the 2004 > 2007 version did. Maybe they sorted it for the newer registered ones
fenton_jd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2010, 22:51   #26
markt1
Trader

Their better than the Triumph Dolomite i used to own
markt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2010, 23:19   #27
sdavidwh

Quote:
Originally Posted by markt1 View Post
Their better than the Triumph Dolomite i used to own
have never owned one of these but when I was growing up in Bolton a doctor had a Dolomite & I fell in love with it....ace looking car IMO

Dave
sdavidwh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2010, 23:57   #28
Guru
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markt1 View Post
Triumph Dolomite
Ouch too many childhood memories in that one!

Rowhedge, Colchester 1976 - 1981. My father used to drive a dark reddish-purple one back and forth to Essex University, although I was only 2months - 5 years old at that time, I remember it well, and the family photo album will remind of it eternally, with me sitting on its bonnet and the cat sniffing the front tyre .

I also remember how my dad would get cross over village chavs, "punks" as we called them then, nicking petrol from its tank ... they would always keep the fuel cap too!
Old Aug 18th, 2010, 00:31   #29
markt1
Trader

Mine was a basic model hey they had warning lights to tell you no seat belt LOL mine was rotten so my dad cut the front off a dolomite sprint wih the twin headlights removed the old one and welded it straight on my 13L and i also badged her up as a sprint but the giveaway was mine had no vinyl roof and the wheels were different if i recall right
markt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2010, 08:30   #30
faffi
Motorcyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenton_jd View Post
Hate to break it to you but the S40 has the worst headlights I've ever witnesses in any car! Atleas the 2004 > 2007 version did. Maybe they sorted it for the newer registered ones
Time will tell - nowt much I can do with it now