Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

No Passive Arming Deactivation Option in Menu?

Views : 1318

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 29th, 2020, 11:45   #1
IainL

Default No Passive Arming Deactivation Option in Menu?

I’m a new driver of a barely used early 2019 XC60 R-Design and have found everything about it easy so far, until boarding a cross channel ferry when I was not able to disable the alarm. It went off several times during the trip and I was able to unlock and relock using the Volvo On Call App.
The manual shows there is an option in “Settings, My Car, Locking” to select “Passive Arming Deactivation”. When I go into “My Car” I see the menu “Locking: Adjust lock and alarm settings” and when I open it it only shows “Locking: Keyless Unlock, Remote and Interior Lock and Visible Locking Feedback” with all the door options, and despite swiping up/down, left/right, no alarm settings.
I’m sure I am missing something really obvious as no amount of Googling has identified a solution.
IainL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 29th, 2020, 21:08   #2
IainL

Default Solved, to temporarily disable alarm use “Reduced Guard”

So after a lot of Googling I found that there is a Car Functions menu accessed by swiping left in the Home Screen and that screen has a “Reduced Guard” button, and a few other functions I had been looking for.
IainL is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IainL For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 13th, 2020, 15:57   #3
Miles of Smiles

On our old car we used to lock it with the Key to lock the car without enabling the alarm - just enable immobiliser.

Locking the Volvo with the remote would obviously alarm all sensors so is this function similar to my old car or does it just disable interior sensors?
Options: Heated Front Screen, Dark Tinted Rear Windows, Tempa Spare Wheel, Retractable Towbar
Miles of Smiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2022, 17:41   #4
andrew XC60

Default Locking car but disabling alarms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IainL View Post
So after a lot of Googling I found that there is a Car Functions menu accessed by swiping left in the Home Screen and that screen has a “Reduced Guard” button, and a few other functions I had been looking for.
Thanks for the above but it is bit beyond my state of knowledge with our recently acquired 2015 XC60 which I need to disarm the alarm so I can leave a dog in the locked car without setting off the alarm. I searched the hard copy owners manual without luck but found a not very informative item in the on line owners manual from Volvo that lacks IMHO enough detail. (see attached screen grab) For example is key in holder or ignition on or off? How much do I twiddle the menu control etc...To save me getting wound up any further is there a kind person who could signpost/give a step by step guide on how to do it? (I have a Skoda as well where this is as simple as double pipping the key fob. Apparently not so a Volvo.)

Ta very much.

No the dog is not left in a hot car before the keyboard warriors start
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot 2022-04-06 163712.jpg (87.0 KB, 15 views)
andrew XC60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2022, 18:20   #5
Mad Malc

Hi Andrew,
You are in the wrong area, this is the area for the later models.
Mad Malc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2022, 08:51   #6
Nippy
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Malc View Post
Hi Andrew,
You are in the wrong area, this is the area for the later models.
You want this area Andrew. https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=187

SWMBO : 2016 V40 T3 R Design
Nippy is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
alarms, deactivate, disable, options