Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

New XC90 ~ bit unenthused

Views : 6293

Replies : 33

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 30th, 2020, 23:50   #1
Director76
Master Member

Default New XC90 ~ bit unenthused

Hi - with factories reopening and talk of the uk motor retail sector limping back to life, thoughts have turned to a replacement for our MY18.5 T8 RD which goes back in Jan 21.

MY21 RD recharge has higher BIK, less power, no decent colour choices, no crystal gear-lever (small but important!) and the AMG style gangsta black trim I’m not keen on. Also the P11D value has rocketed in the last few years. Only betterment I can see is another 1kw of battery and leatherette dash

Best I can come up with is thunder grey with the premium blonde nappa to try and inject some jazz

RD Pro...just don’t want 22” wheels

I’ve been eyeing an inscription pro maybe thunder or bright silver with the alternative sportier looking NCO 21” wheel choice, tints and maroon brown leather and r design metal mesh. But they’ve now stopped the metal mesh trim option on the inscription. I’m not a wood trim kind of guy

So overall a bit unenthused. I could keep the current one another year if costs make sense, but I was think a new one on 36 month lease now would take me to an SPA2 full electric recharge maybe after the new car buzz has gone from it. Keeping mine for another year, then a run out model SPA1 will be old tech by the end of the lease. Seeing as 5 seat only X5e now has 8% BIK and 54 miles electric range.

I need several options, lounge, towbar, child seat, electric locks, BLIS so a 3 year lease makes more sense.

A very ‘fortunate’ problem/ dilemma in current economic climate compared to the situation of many I appreciate. But car planning lifts some of the lockdown gloom!

Hmmm...

Last edited by Director76; Apr 30th, 2020 at 23:58.
Director76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2020, 13:50   #2
simonjedrake
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Director76 View Post
RD Pro...just don’t want 22” wheels
Hmmm...
We both share the same Dealer and I had the same issue on wheel sizes with my latest XC60, so a very helpful dealership swapped the 20" wheels on my new XC60 with a set of similar 19"'s with a customer who wanted a reverse swap.
No harm in asking Chris Carr the dealership principle!
Old May 1st, 2020, 14:34   #3
EssexExile
Master Member

Quote:
...no decent colour choices...
What is it with car colours these last few years? Loads of shades between black & white, a couple of sparkly variations on the same theme, or one other colour (if you're lucky).

Fashion is a strange beast.
Old May 1st, 2020, 19:59   #4
Director76
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssexExile View Post
What is it with car colours these last few years? Loads of shades between black & white, a couple of sparkly variations on the same theme, or one other colour (if you're lucky).

Fashion is a strange beast.
I’d have been tempted by bursting blue for sure...but Osmium, why on earth drop that. Grey yes, but classy and understated
Old May 1st, 2020, 20:20   #5
simonjedrake
Premier Member

Quote:
I’d have been tempted by bursting blue for sure...but Osmium, why on earth drop that. Grey yes, but classy and understated
...likewise - why on earth drop Electric Silver that was such a popular metallic option.
Old May 1st, 2020, 20:22   #6
Director76
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonjedrake View Post
We both share the same Dealer and I had the same issue on wheel sizes with my latest XC60, so a very helpful dealership swapped the 20" wheels on my new XC60 with a set of similar 19"'s with a customer who wanted a reverse swap.
No harm in asking Chris Carr the dealership principle!
My car was actually supplied by Riverside Doncaster, I sourced it through a lease broker, and will probably do the same next time. Shrewsbury Volvo have been great for servicing, but they were a country mile off on the lease deal

Wheel swopping is a good idea, but I don’t think I’d get away with anything like that on a lease 😐
Old May 1st, 2020, 20:43   #7
AB-UK
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonjedrake View Post
...likewise - why on earth drop Electric Silver that was such a popular metallic option.
Best version of silver I've ever seen - a little biased I know, but that's why I chose it.

I have a photo of my mk1 next to a mk2 in the same colour - very nice
AB-UK is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AB-UK For This Useful Post:
Old May 14th, 2020, 14:03   #8
Jumper9895
XC90 B5

Recently purchased an XC90 and almost went for Thunder Grey....... the salesman suggested I take a look at one ‘in the flesh’ parked in their service area...... colour was nothing like the brochure or webpage ..... decided on the Osmium grey eventually and very pleased.
Jumper9895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2020, 19:35   #9
db1001

I totally agree about colours. Who in Volvo UK thinks all we want is the boring greys, blacks and whites.
db1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to db1001 For This Useful Post:
Old May 16th, 2020, 20:59   #10
Roosterb

Agree. Don’t you think Sensus is now slow and outdated compared to the competition?