Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

New XC90 ~ bit unenthused

Views : 6296

Replies : 33

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 17th, 2020, 11:13   #11
Philip Fisher
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Director76 View Post
My car was actually supplied by Riverside Doncaster, I sourced it through a lease broker, and will probably do the same next time. Shrewsbury Volvo have been great for servicing, but they were a country mile off on the lease deal

Wheel swopping is a good idea, but I don’t think I’d get away with anything like that on a lease 😐
Riverside do a huge amount of lease volume sales and can therefore be very keen on price. When I was last talking to my contact there he told me that the lease sales were many multiples of their retail sales. Luckily for me they are one of my closest dealers so I can get a great price and go back to the same dealer for aftersales.
Previously:-
1997 V70 T5 exPolice; 2005 V50 2.0D; 2013 XC70 D5
Philip Fisher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2020, 00:14   #12
Director76
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosterb View Post
Agree. Don’t you think Sensus is now slow and outdated compared to the competition?
Yes, even our other car (MY18 VW Tiguan) has faster, slicker, more configurable, graphics on both the central display and digital instrument display. But then I don’t think sensus ever compared that favourably to German alternatives, even when new.

That said, I find it adequately functional!
Director76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2020, 00:21   #13
Director76
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip Fisher View Post
Riverside do a huge amount of lease volume sales and can therefore be very keen on price. When I was last talking to my contact there he told me that the lease sales were many multiples of their retail sales. Luckily for me they are one of my closest dealers so I can get a great price and go back to the same dealer for aftersales.
Yes - I had a little contact with them through the broker and when they delivered the car and was very impressed. Negotiated various small extras FOC, eg full set of rubber mats and my personal plates were made up and in the boot (nice gesture there, without requesting, was an extra FOC rear plate for trailer use)

They were also patient with my OCD requests for care when fitting retractable towbar!

I’ll try contacting directly for lease price this time, if I go ahead

D76
Director76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2020, 10:04   #14
Discoman

Quote:
Yes, even our other car (MY18 VW Tiguan) has faster, slicker, more configurable, graphics on both the central display and digital instrument display. But then I don’t think sensus ever compared that favourably to German alternatives, even when new.

That said, I find it adequately functional!
We've got a Golf R as well, probably with the same set up as the Tiguan. I can't decide which I prefer as both range from brilliant to terrible depending on what I am doing or my mood. I would thus struggle to choose if I had to.

Not driven my Volvo for ages for obvious reasons but IIRC the main thing that winds me up is the fact that I have to have the nav in the dials when it is on. Don't want that or I want to fix it on north not car direction but I can't find a way to do that...so far.
Old May 20th, 2020, 13:55   #15
techwatcher
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discoman View Post
IIRC the main thing that winds me up is the fact that I have to have the nav in the dials when it is on. Don't want that or I want to fix it on north not car direction but I can't find a way to do that...so far.
You don't have to have the navigation map in the driver display, it can't show 'north up' but it can be configured to show the map, information for currently playing media, or show no information. To configure it, go to Settings in the centre display, then My Car -> Displays -> Driver Display Information.
Old May 20th, 2020, 15:25   #16
Discoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by techwatcher View Post
You don't have to have the navigation map in the driver display, it can't show 'north up' but it can be configured to show the map, information for currently playing media, or show no information. To configure it, go to Settings in the centre display, then My Car -> Displays -> Driver Display Information.
Will have a look, thanks. I had set mine to media of the various choices but whenever I programme the nav it overrides with the small nav screen.

Last edited by Discoman; May 20th, 2020 at 15:29.
Discoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2020, 10:35   #17
pmanson

Colour palette is very limited but I'm very pleased with birch light.

It seems to change from a flat silver into a green/blue/gold colour depending on the light
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20200522_191328.jpg (121.7 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20200520_214954.jpg (118.8 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg ZomboDroid 23052020102705.jpg (146.5 KB, 56 views)
pmanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2020, 11:44   #18
Philip Fisher
Premier Member

Quote:
Yes - I had a little contact with them through the broker and when they delivered the car and was very impressed. Negotiated various small extras FOC, eg full set of rubber mats and my personal plates were made up and in the boot (nice gesture there, without requesting, was an extra FOC rear plate for trailer use)

They were also patient with my OCD requests for care when fitting retractable towbar!

I’ll try contacting directly for lease price this time, if I go ahead

D76
If you do contact them direct, then ask for Andrew Bond, top of my head his direct dial is 01302 303132, so give that a try. He works in the trade sales and lease department and is my contact there. Always very helpful and always very keen on price. If you mention my name he might be even more helpful (I hope!) - I post on here under my real name (I started on here 20 years ago when using your real name on the internet didn't seem so much of an issue....)
Previously:-
1997 V70 T5 exPolice; 2005 V50 2.0D; 2013 XC70 D5
Philip Fisher is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Philip Fisher For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 11th, 2020, 19:45   #19
AB-UK
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmanson View Post
Colour palette is very limited but I'm very pleased with birch light.

It seems to change from a flat silver into a green/blue/gold colour depending on the light
Just perusing the "Build your own Volvo" site (wishful thinking) and I see Volvo are promoting their "Care by Volvo car subscription", whereby you basically lease your car without a long-term contract.

Anyway, it states you can choose a
"Vibrant colour : Choose from a wide range of finishes, from shimmering Crystal White to bold Thunder Grey."

Must be an alternative definition of the word "Vibrant"

In fact, if you look online for the definition of vibrant it's very hard to relate this to Volvo's range of shades (I can't really call them colours).
However, if you then look at the definitions of the opposite of "Vibrant" .......
AB-UK is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AB-UK For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 12th, 2020, 00:38   #20
Begonia

I'm very pleased with my 'Pebble Grey' XC90 (Inscription T6).

I don't do a big mileage (just over 6,000 miles in 14 months) so went for a Blonde interior which complements well and does look quite luxurious, IMHO.

I get 23 MPG. It could be better than this but not with so many short runs.
Begonia is offline   Reply With Quote